Adventure balance maker

asdf124

I won't agree with a ranking system but a ranking system would be nice.

I just wanted to have another choice of a system that would be more fairer than current one, it would be more competitive and challenging.

I don't think the current system should have a ranking system due to it being an unfair matchmaking system.

A ranking system for adventures should be discussed in adventures feedback and discussion thread in saloon, however, I won't mind it being here.

asdf124

I think it would be very hard to code what you're requesting here but that's up to the devs. But locking item sets would mean end of adventures for most. At least me, cause I like change into my exp+cash gear once the adventure has started. I don't do adventures with my toon laying idle, neither does anyone I believe.
I can use ff's battle formula as a reference to how I'd do a teamed "fort fight" adventure.

We do know that ff's use the following formula>
P1h= x^0.6+25+y^0.5+z^0.5(chances to hit)
P1dodge=x^0.6+10+y^0.5+z^0.5(dodge chanc)
P1damage=Weapon Damage + Sector Damage +[(Weapon Damage+Sector Damage) × Leadership÷MaxHP]
P1total Hp

Where x is either hiding or setting trap. y is either lead xor aim and z is lead xor aim.
xor is either leadership or aim but not both.

The algorithm should make red team always weaker than blue team by a factor which lets teams lose upon tactical decisions rather than have a more powerful team. As a disadvantage for having first moves.

Let's say I got 100 chances to hit/dodge, with an average damage of 350. Hp wise, it would be 2500.
The formula would take a hashing method to sort teams out.

For example, it would go and do a random match up and if the match had blue team disadvantaged, it would redo the matchup again and again until blue team is advantaged by x number of average health points where potential damage has higher marking points than average health points.

Note:- Potential damage is calculated by average damage made by whole team and average chances to hit by whole team(could be upgraded so that it would do an individual potential damage to make a different sorting method so you could have a more effective system for matchups)

Abydos1

I think it is time to consider this proposal again since this old matchmaking process is plain ridiculous especially with all the heavily upgraded guns. I rather that one OP face another OP instead of having them on the same team against someone like me with a normal un-upgraded weapon (Raven Bow). We already got the movement turns alternating so it doesn't matter if red or blue but the teams are still not matched evenly. The antiquated level system doesn't really work anymore because most of us veterans are level 150 and even so the lower levels are still grouped unfairly too. Well, I guess we'll see if they really want to fix this once and for all...

asdf124

can we head to polls or is that not even moderated anymore?

I guess I need to wait for 2 more years to get my idea heard :cool:

DeletedUser15368

Find the last time we got to vote on an idea, and tell me if you think this section is still moderated or not :p

DeletedUser33353

Find the last time we got to vote on an idea, and tell me if you think this section is still moderated or not :p

Find me the last time an idea that was voted on was installed, and I will answer that question lulu ;)

Abydos1

Yes, the alternating first movement thing is there but was hoping for them to also even the teams too (not only by level) because swapping the first move is not going to save you if you are on lopsided teams.

Abydos1

Hey, looks like they are finally doing it...we get to shoot at cowgirls too now. That will even up the teams for sure!