Adventure balance maker

asdf124

Proposal
I think we should base it upon the damage algorithm/health points/chances to hit/chances to dodge.
Details
A lot of games where it seems insanely out specking one side to another, once you click join adventure, those item sets should be locked onto so that it prevents anyone from changing clothes to get a better team.

If blue team moves second, have a fairer small advantage by having more hp/damage algorithm.

Abuse Prevention
Locked item sets(if you have outlaw set on when you click join adventure, that set would be locked upon.)

Summary
Changes to the balance maker should make the game fairer, by having the teams set to their potential damage/hp/dodge chances, you'll be able to get a more challenging adventure.

Administration
Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No.

(Credit to Jahon for giving the idea, did I ask for it? I did not but I did discuss it in an adventure)(I guess I am a jerk or an idiot)

(other possible problems is that it might make the wait times longer, however, their should be a button which would say fair play. If you click on that, you'd queue yourself onto it, so, their may be a double system where it would be a quick game for the current or fair game. I think we should be able to hit on both if we wanted to, if we were called upon that we were able to get into, we could choose either one.)

Last edited:

DeletedUser36011

Not really a fan, yes it's nice to try to get balance. It's never ever going to be perfect however. You are also going to find that super high levels are either going to be paired with very low levels(or vice versa) unless there is another level like theirs. Often this is not the case, so you would potentially be excluding a set of players on their level.

asdf124

That is why it would be deemed as a double system where it would be either fairer system or the current system

DeletedUser35120

Proposal
Details
A lot of games where it seems insanely out specking one side to another, once you click join adventure, those item sets should be locked onto so that it prevents anyone from changing clothes to get a better team.

Teams are sorted by levels.

DeletedUser35120

I think it would be very hard to code what you're requesting here but that's up to the devs. But locking item sets would mean end of adventures for most. At least me, cause I like change into my exp+cash gear once the adventure has started. I don't do adventures with my toon laying idle, neither does anyone I believe.

asdf124

I think it would be very hard to code what you're requesting here but that's up to the devs. But locking item sets would mean end of adventures for most. At least me, cause I like change into my exp+cash gear once the adventure has started. I don't do adventures with my toon laying idle, neither does anyone I believe.

Once you click join, that set is locked, you can change back to whatever other set.

DeletedUser36559

Once you click join, that set is locked, you can change back to whatever other set.

It will just be a hassle changing to outlaw gear waiting 5 mins for a game then changing again. The system we have now is perfectly fine.

asdf124

It will just be a hassle changing to outlaw gear waiting 5 mins for a game then changing again. The system we have now is perfectly fine.

You don't have to wait, once you click "join". Whatever your gear you had on at that point would be locked upon, so you could change to whatever other gear.

So, if you made a mistake and forgot to change when you clicked join, you could re click if you hadn't got into the adventure lobby.

DeletedUser36011

You don't have to wait, once you click "join". Whatever your gear you had on at that point would be locked upon, so you could change to whatever other gear.

So, if you made a mistake and forgot to change when you clicked join, you could re click if you hadn't got into the adventure lobby.

So to turn left, we turn right 3 times, or we just turn left. Both are much in the same, its just having it change for the sake of it. Some people prefer to change as you are in the adventure lobby, some may want it whilst you click join that is more on personal preference. It's all about habits. To me it seems like it's six of one half a dozen of the other whichever way you put it.

DeletedUser23252

If teams are sorted by level then who ever gets William Todd is at a huge disadvantage, less that 1000 hp and a rifle with less than 200 damage isn't going to win any wars.

DeletedUser20647

So to turn left, we turn right 3 times, or we just turn left. Both are much in the same, its just having it change for the sake of it. Some people prefer to change as you are in the adventure lobby, some may want it whilst you click join that is more on personal preference. It's all about habits. To me it seems like it's six of one half a dozen of the other whichever way you put it.
He's suggesting that to prevent abuse, not because he prefers it. Cant do that with current lockdown moment.

How about sorting teams through past wins/losses?
I think this makes a lot more sense. Maybe add in a ranking system to make it even more competitive.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35120

He's suggesting that to prevent abuse, not because he prefers it. Cant do that with current lockdown moment.

It's a part of the idea still. Right?

I think this makes a lot more sense. Maybe add in a ranking system to make it even more competitive.

So lets say there are 6 players in lobby. Rank 1,2,3,4,5 and rank 10000. How would they be sorted, Let's hear?

DeletedUser20647

It's a part of the idea still. Right?

So lets say there are 6 players in lobby. Rank 1,2,3,4,5 and rank 10000. How would they be sorted, Let's hear?

Of course it's part of the idea. It's a necessity, which was my point.

Rank is based on something, that's what you would base the team sorting on. A ranking like Elo would work here.

DeletedUser35120

Rank is based on something, that's what you would base the team sorting on. A ranking like Elo would work here.

Well in that case matchmaking would take even more time. Cause obviously the rank 10000 guy would be left out from the majority of the players who play this game regularly and will be rated high (just cause they have more experience and of course have won way more games than the rank 10k guy). So for a new player it would be pretty hard to get a match even.

1Big Chief

These Adventures remind me of ATARI... fun when invented... but now is history
I will take another peek when I hear its been revamped

The Duel Showdown I proposed would have been a better hit.. even without Animation
Now IF.. they added Animation to it as well... WoW... that would be a HIT ;)

DeletedUser37191

Well in that case matchmaking would take even more time. Cause obviously the rank 10000 guy would be left out from the majority of the players who play this game regularly and will be rated high (just cause they have more experience and of course have won way more games than the rank 10k guy). So for a new player it would be pretty hard to get a match even.

1) Same problem applies when you have 5 level 100+ and one level 40.
2) And that's not a problem, when you have two players who rarely play.

Anyway, it's not perfect, it's just a way to compensate for people's special items, better than the way it is today.

DeletedUser35120

With this ranking thing which I'm not a fan of, the level 40 may have a better rank than all the level 100+ players. It's possible. So you can imagine how the system can be flawed.

Anyway, it's not perfect, it's just a way to compensate for people's special items, better than the way it is today.

Compensate for people's special items? Enlighten me, how so?

DeletedUser36559

2) And that's not a problem, when you have two players who rarely play.

Yeah the level 40 might get a better rank and usually there's only one player who rarely plays rather than two. People who have special items usually have much better win/loss ratios= makes no difference at all.