Adventure Abuse

asdf124

I agree, it's a silly reason to disconnect and I would be annoyed, but I don't see how it could be policed.

How about a default target like in fort fights?

Oh, a penalty for those who do these actions should be made.

DeletedUser26820

Please DO NOT mention people's names. You may say what he/she are doing but you may not use names and personally attack how people play adventures.

So you're telling us that I can't say:

"I respect and value foscock as an adventurer and consider him in the Top 5 in the game.
He's a master of movement and the use of snares. Every time I play with or against him, I value that adventure."

Are you telling us I can't say that because I referenced a specific toon's name?

Because if I can't, you need to find another job.

Because I can, I can also state that another player quits on his team after an adventure starts based on their weapon selection of a L2 Outlaw's or Event Gun.

We might not be able to police every adventure, but we can start here.
I'll take the 3 minute penalty the next time he shows up......

Those that attend adventures just want adventures.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26820

Relative to this screen shot of the start of adventures: http://prntscr.com/baw2o3

No wonder why new toons to adventures are so confused.....

Relative to the screen shot, the red dude should be on the left and the blue dude on the right.

Further Adventure Abuse.....

The colored dudes are lined up on the wrong sides.....

Ahem.....

DeletedUser26820

When you're told by HeltGoJo in an adventure, and we'll take it with a grain of sand give the source, what does,

"you are one of person who dont can life on this planet.."
mean????

Huh?? Duh....

What in the heck does "dont can life on this planet" mean????
Just because I've chosen not to have kids, I still have 2 happy bird dogs, a bountiful garden, a satisfied wife, and a lot of life in my commerce at work.

Is he trying to tell us he plays from another planet? Maybe Uranus??

I don't understand that if I can come into The West Forum and post:

I look forward to having toons like foscock, MFR, LittleBear, J45, Cat Marshall, Wyn Rider, getting redundant, and many, many, many others in adventures because they bring value to adventures and are valued and worthy opponents and make that 10 minutes of my/our day worthwhile for the daily bond and task and maybe getting 250 vps from an adventure.....

That I can't also post about toons that contradict that..... Such as the above.

I thought if a toon was a negative contribution to a global dynamic of the game...
And we're not talking about dueling on a specific server or FF's on a specific server....
But instead, we're talking about a global, across all worlds, dynamic of the game, that some could express an opinion regarding that toon.
Maybe more of who regulate this forum and are recognized as "game moderators" need to get involved in adventures.
Come get some action in them and see what goes on in this dynamic of your game that we're talking about right now.

So if anyone's got negative opinions about me playing adventures, you have my encouragement to post 'em up.
I'm just trying to keep with fos and asdf and many, many others.
As I'd like to keep seeing them at adventures and others not hassling them about "dont can life on this planet..."

Abydos1

Adventure Issues

First off I would like to say happy 23rd birthday to sambee! :D

Hmmm, well looking over this thread I'm not quite sure where this is heading...what I do know is that we just have to deal with it for now with people who decide to play or not. Does anybody know if or when that quest that requires people to participate in Adventure is going to end? I think this is probably the main culprit of why there are so many new players of which most just do it to complete the quest step even if they don't try to learn and play the game. Best of luck and see you at the adventures.

DeletedUser33353

No dog in this fight, but I actually agree with deiben on most of his points. When I actually join an advent I take my fair share of abuse from players saying "unfair weapons, blah, blah", I just ignore them and play the best I can. Daily bond and all that ;)

DeletedUser26820

First off I would like to say happy 23rd birthday to sambee! :D

Now this is definitely adventure abuse......
Sambee's the only forum moderator that currently has a red point on me and I missed his/her birthday?????

Happy 23rd birthday, Sam. I remember that birthday about 23 years ago, give or take :)

I'm not sure where this thread is going either, but active toons play adventures.
Active toons have access to this forum and thread.

I completely understand the policy of discouraging "calling" out a toon, but as adventures can't be "policed" or umpired in game, this is where it starts.

Those that attend police themselves and there should be a venue/forum to discuss such.

To date, in this thread, no one has posted, "Ouch, fos hits too hard and this little piggy cried about it...."

But to date, toons that attend adventures to accomplish goals have found some grievances against some fellow toons.

Isn't this the place for that conversation so we can police ourselves in adventures?

See you at the next adventure, HeltGoJo.....
I'll take the 3 minute penalty if on my team.

Does anybody know if or when that quest that requires people to participate in Adventure is going to end? I think this is probably the main culprit of why there are so many new players of which most just do it to complete the quest step even if they don't try to learn and play the game. Best of luck and see you at the adventures.

I don't want that daily task or for winning one per day for 15vps to end.
"New" toons showing up to adventures are not the culprit.
Give me 2 "new" toons that want to play an adventure, I don't care if we win or lose.
But if they're there to maximize their time invested in this dynamic of the game,
I'm Ringo, and we've got George and Paul on vocals. We'll make some hits.

The issue is with John getting shot before the recording started.....

Comprende?

MFRavenhawk

Deiben....thanks for the two fun adventures.....bit of a challenge in both, and an even score between us with a win and loss each. And I loved the compliment ;)

You hit hard....but there are times I can hit back harder :)

Again, thanks for the fun.....and for making a townie of mine feel welcome on your team.

DeletedUser26820

Deiben....thanks for the two fun adventures.....bit of a challenge in both, and an even score between us with a win and loss each. And I loved the compliment ;)

You hit hard....but there are times I can hit back harder :)

Again, thanks for the fun.....and for making a townie of mine feel welcome on your team.

Boom goes the dynamite !!

This is what I'm talking about, trying to explain it from the opposite end.

And you're most welcome, MFR.
Win or lose, you're always a most worthy adventure opponent and a valued participant.
Never any quitting or complaining, 100% effort to the last round, and it's always a rewarding challenge being your opponent.

Let's find another 1000 toons like you and and we can delete this moaning thread from me.... lol.

Regarding your townie being made to feel welcome, wow.... Thanks for sharing.
Guess I need to work harder on accomplishing that with all team mates.
An eye opener to me on the importance of an impression.

On a non-abuse note, I've tested some mutli-player buffs in adventures....

http://prntscr.com/bgjm6s

When I was wearing the above gear with my pants at L1, I had 6745 hp.

Sturdy Barrel or Reinforced Sturdy Barrel, a +5 each Multiplayer Attack & Defense buff, bumps me to 7220 hp, a 475hp boost or 7% boost.

Modern Armor, a +4% Multiplayer Defense & 10% hp buff, bumps me to 7125 hp, a 380hp boost or 5.6%.

Robust Shoulder Stock or Sturdy Shoulder Stock, a +3 each Multiplayer Attack & Defense buff, bumps me to 7030 hp, a 285hp boost or 4.2% boost.

Improved Rear Sight or Improved Sturdy Rear Sight, a +2 each Multiplayer Attack & Defense buff, bumps me to 6939 hp, a 194hp boost or 2.9% boost.

I've tested a Westerner, but it does not give an hp boost.
There's no way to test it in a vacuum to see if it has any value in an adventure regarding damage dealt.

I've not tested an ammunition slide.
They're too expensive on Briscoe to justify free advise, but as a +4 Multiplayer Attack & Defense buff, I'd guess it would give a hp boost in the 5-6% range.
An expensive buff to be using in adventures.

If you've got 'em and ain't using 'em and just stockpiling them: stocks, barrels and sights bring value to your toon in adventures.
Otherwise, I think Modern Armor is the best bang for your buck, or doe, or fawn......

Those are the numbers. That's my research. And I'm sticking to it.

asdf124

Dei, westerners gives more Accuracy and Damage!(Due to attack, same thing with ammunition slides)

It seems a 1.4% increase in 3-4 defense and 4-5 defense.
Wonders what 5-6-7 would be.

I think I have seen a 6/6 somewhere but can't remember.

7/7 defense/attack might give a minimum 2.8% more than 5/5 defense.(9.8-10%)

For 3 attack, it boost damage by 3% I believe.

DeletedUser26820

Understood, bro, but we can't test damage dealt in a vacuum.
Replaying the same exact adventure with the same exact toons and moves and sequence and comparing end damage to end damage from one damage buff to another damage buff can't be done.
So an aim or damage related buff, the Mutliplayer Attack side, really can't be measured.
If you know how to relatively measure this, please share....

Didn't say that Westerners have no value in adventures.
Just said that Westerners have no value relative to hp.
And if I didn't communicate that correctly, my apologies.

In regards to Ammo Slides, can't be found on Briscoe, when can are way too expensive, and I'm not going to start jobbing for a buff to be used at adventures to have another crafter make them for me.
I don't doubt they have value at adventures as I'm sure they do..... I just didn't test them.

But your percentage boost for +hp value for 3, 4, 5 Multiplayer Defense are pretty close to what I've found.

I'm not ashamed and know my role in adventures. Typically first on the list of either team with a rare few exceptions. At 6700+hp, my role is to take point, take hits, block as I can, and deal some pain in the meantime. I'm good with that :) Matter of fact, I'm really good with that. LOL.

That's why I love the hp buffs in adventures :)

See you at the next one, bro..... bring more than a bear ;)

DeletedUser36029

Can't do your vaccum test on westerners no, but when using them I see my damage go up considerably. From 300 range shots to 400-500. I know that is next to nothing compared to the damage some weapons give out but it makes a difference for me ;)

And unfortunately I can't add to comments about ppl quitting because my gun is too good, quite the contrary; but before I finally got a outlaw rifle I did have ppl 'yell' at me about using a Romeo bow for over a year of playing, because quite simply that was the best option I had. And of course some teammates bailed rather then play on my team with my understrength bow vs whatever glowing gun someone had on the other side. But at least for that they did so in the lobby... though plenty gave up 10 rounds in figuring "well no chance, I am walking away". LOL tks for that. Definitely confirms a loss now

DeletedUser20647

I've never really played any adventures, but finding out how this work seems interesting.

When I was wearing the above gear with my pants at L1, I had 6745 hp.

Sturdy Barrel or Reinforced Sturdy Barrel, a +5 each Multiplayer Attack & Defense buff, bumps me to 7220 hp, a 475hp boost or 7% boost.

Modern Armor, a +4% Multiplayer Defense & 10% hp buff, bumps me to 7125 hp, a 380hp boost or 5.6%.

Robust Shoulder Stock or Sturdy Shoulder Stock, a +3 each Multiplayer Attack & Defense buff, bumps me to 7030 hp, a 285hp boost or 4.2% boost.

Improved Rear Sight or Improved Sturdy Rear Sight, a +2 each Multiplayer Attack & Defense buff, bumps me to 6939 hp, a 194hp boost or 2.9% boost.

So from your stats here deiben, it seems +1 defense adds a flat 95 health. The last stat doesnt really match, giving +97. Might be a multiplier with your strength bonus.. was your strength bonus the same for all these tests?

Perhaps you are willing to try one or two of these buffs out but with different strength levels.

From what Cat Marshall is saying, the damage bonus works the same way. Possibly with a multiplier from your Dex bonus. Could maybe try a few options here too if you feel like.

asdf124

Understood, bro, but we can't test damage dealt in a vacuum.
Replaying the same exact adventure with the same exact toons and moves and sequence and comparing end damage to end damage from one damage buff to another damage buff can't be done.
So an aim or damage related buff, the Mutliplayer Attack side, really can't be measured.
If you know how to relatively measure this, please share.

Replaying with that same buff and simply taking highest hit versus normal highest hit.(mine was 956 with westerner from 908 which is an increase of 48 damage 1% with higher chances to hit) My highest double 742-762 with 5% inspiration bonus.
Edit:10 dex, 370-390 damage, outlaw hat, belt, neck, saddle and shoes v2. Outlaw coat/pants/venom snake v1.
7 attack/defense from artifacts bonus.(20.1 attack/defense from all that)
6939(predicted hp at level 145)
6925 at level 144.(increase of 14)
6911 at level 143.

But your percentage boost for +hp value for 3, 4, 5 Multiplayer Defense are pretty close to what I've found.
I haven't tested it yet but will do so eventually.
See you at the next one, bro..... bring more than a bear ;)
That bear scared someone, cat knows it I think.
They could have won if they weren't a person down.

Edit: @l8dygaga the hp is brought by strength of rifle. Multiplied with level and defense(I don't really know exactly to what proportion it is though)

Last edited:

DeletedUser26820

Given the last 4-5 posts above, adding that N4n4 quits on team mates once an adventure starts, I'm going to need an abacus and slide rule calculator to keep up with up with all of it.....

DeletedUser37817

I personally hate adventures and only play for a quest task (about 10 i think in total). Ive been ranted at, had folks disconnect after hurling abuse etc. Never once have i had any assistance or advice as to what im doing. I get the very basics but thats it. We have new fortfighters on our servers who are usually welcomed and encouraged and mentored until they find their feet - why not on adventures too? We all play for different reasons so stop growling and spitting dummies and offer some constructive advice when you have noob adventure players - William

DeletedUser

I have found that the less i care and more go semi-afk, i'm winning more! Really, with paying attention, you can easily win if you only move/shoot every 2 turns.

First thing i do in adventure, i close the chat, it really helps a lot!

DeletedUser26820

I personally hate adventures and only play for a quest task (about 10 i think in total). Ive been ranted at, had folks disconnect after hurling abuse etc. Never once have i had any assistance or advice as to what im doing. I get the very basics but thats it. We have new fortfighters on our servers who are usually welcomed and encouraged and mentored until they find their feet - why not on adventures too? We all play for different reasons so stop growling and spitting dummies and offer some constructive advice when you have noob adventure players - William

Ok, WG..... here's some assistance and encouragement for you....

Pull you head out of Uranus and don't start a conversation with "I personally hate adventures..." to then go on to attack and demonize those that can & will give you assistance and advice while attending them.

You've already told everyone you hate being there. So stop being there.
Maybe the best ones to give you advice and assistance don't want you there either with this kind of attitude.

Show up with a better attitude relative to "I personally hate adventures...." and you might find a different experience.

And please, don't ever address me regarding first time or what you call "noob" players.
You give me that toon, if he has the will and energy and desire and can communicate, he'll become an adventurer while you're still here pissing and moaning in the forum.

fortfighter1

Very good post deiben. Anyone new to adventures or needs advice should state it on the assign skills screen. I have no problem helping a newbie as long as they listen.