Resolved Advent Calendar

DeletedUser

I could NOT wait to open my advent calendar (well I could wait because server time is now Dec. 1st) and I went to go open door #1 and it tells me that it is not December 1st, but it so obviously is. Is anyone else having this problem? Okay, I'm not asking for hints or spoilers about what's behind the doors so I'm not breaking any rules here; I just want to know why my calendar says it's not December 1st when game time says it is.

Attachments

• west.jpg
    west.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 88

DeletedUser25632

It says it's not December first because the quest is based off GMT about the same time you get your daily XP. So, when it hits 1AM December 1st Server time, you will be able to open it.

DeletedUser

A refresh would do in that case. Is past midnight server time so it should work :)

DeletedUser

JonOfTheWest is correct, Duduie is incorrect, 1am server time is when the new day begins in game.

DeletedUser

And what proof do you have? For what I know, the new day starts at midnight!
Proof: holiday quests start on a certain day and end on a certain day. We were able to start the quests after midnight, before 1, on the starting day!
My belief stands: a refresh would do. Unless for the calendar the server REQUIRES 1 am.

DeletedUser

My own testing and since then, the developer blog and other postings here.

However, the developers are apparently about to fix it, so you will become correct later today, hopefully.

DeletedUser

Per Dev's blog, is a bug. So is not that the day starts at 1 am, is just a bug connected to Maya checking the naughtiness. The new day starts at midnight, but until the bug is fixed, we have to wait till after 1 am to open a door.

DeletedUser

Well you get the daily bonus only after 1am, so, unless there is another marker in the game for "new day" I still say the new in game day starts at 1am.

DeletedUser

You can get random items on day 1. Cookies for restoring some hps, oats to make your horsey go faster etc

DeletedUser

Well you get the daily bonus only after 1am, so, unless there is another marker in the game for "new day" I still say the new in game day starts at 1am.
I get it after 4 am. Is that a new day marker too? (rhetorical question obviously)
Anyway, this has gone a bit off topic and the thread is resolved!

DeletedUser25632

I get it after 4 am. Is that a new day marker too? (rhetorical question obviously)
Anyway, this has gone a bit off topic and the thread is resolved!

Well, I tried to get it 15 minutes after it hit midnight for the new day and I wasn't able to get it regardless if I refreshed or logged out and back in. Once it hit 1AM Server Time, I got my Daily XP and was able to do the Day 1.

DeletedUser

Oats

My first present!!!

Do the oats only provide a "temporary" boost to your animal?

DeletedUser

Why is it only people who opened day 1 relatively late seem to be getting oats and crackers? I was one of the ones waiting for 1 am to open mine and and got all licorice besides one marzipan.

Edit: Ohhh, they're Day 2, nm. Didn't realize it used server time now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I just got marzipan, 10% boost to health and energy... a bit meh in my opinion.

I did just click on the 1st again to see what happens, I think I got a bug

"Really open it?

Today is not the 1. 12.!
Of course, you could open the door - but do you really want to? Don't tell us later that you haven't been warned..."

Whilst I agree it's no longer the 1st of December, I'm not sure that I should be punished for pressing on an already open door.

DeletedUser

Why is it only people who opened day 1 relatively late seem to be getting oats and crackers? I was one of the ones waiting for 1 am to open mine and and got all licorice besides one marzipan.

Edit: Ohhh, they're Day 2, nm. Didn't realize it used server time now.

This was on the dev blog:

There are MORE items. But due to a sign error, only two type of items got distributed.

DeletedUser25632

No.. I still get that message and its Dec. 2nd 3:35 PM EST

You still get the message for which Box? First Day, Second Day, or Third Day? If for Third day, it's not December 3rd in-game yet.. if it's for first day, you missed out and will get something else... if for the second day, then that sounds like a bug.

DeletedUser

HEy! In the past 4 days, I've got the next things:

Liquorice x8 - restores work motivation for jobs by 15%
Marzipan x5 - restores 10% of your HP and 10% of Energy
Oat x2 - shortens active waytime by 25%

So I would like to know if anyone has got any other items, in addition to these three? And what do those items give you?

Another question from me is, how does "Oat" precisely work. I don't want to waste one of my "Oat"(god it's so funny to say "waste one of my oat", cause oat is like Goat :p).

DeletedUser

I presume it works only on the very next travel you do (or are currently doing) I would only use Oats when I needed to travel for several hours.

But it would be nice to know how all these items work.

DeletedUser

Chocolate cookie - health points bonus 20%
Christmas cracker - Duel motivation increase 15%.

There might be others, but didn't get them yet.

I didn't use an oat yet, but is pretty much self explanatory: cuts your travel waiting time. So let's say you scheduled 1h travel and you want to get there faster, you use an oat and travel 45 mins instead of 1h.
As nosaj suggested, better use it for longer travels, when you have to be at a battle and won't make it in time otherwise.