Advanced Town Building

DeletedUser15302

Now I'm sure there have been many threads about building so far but I cannot find one that covers this particular idea...

What it is in general is a chance to let people have a better town and better shops if they are prepared to put the extra effort in to get it. As of this time there are multiple but mostly unproven theories as to how people can get better items in the stores and despite best efforts you often still get rusty things which are of no use, when compared to their sharp counterparts from a lower level.

Workaround for this could possibly be shopping as in you don't get the items you want here you can go get them from there, but it takes a long time and can be quite an annoying process.

What I am proposing is that a town founder can select just what quality of shops they wish to have in their town, say for instance there is a random element to it when a shop is upgraded if for instance it is 50% chance of getting the items you want which you can select out of the list you can improve those chances by adding more build points to the building in the town hall. You could do this with either a set 100 build points for an extra 10% chance or even make it something like 20% of the base building value in points to be added on to get the next chance level. What this would entail is either 500 extra build points to get exact items picked out of a list or anything up to an extra 2000 build points for high level buildings to do the same.

What this means is that it would be possible to build a town which has exactly what you want but it would take about 5-10 times as long as just building it and hoping for the best you could also take a middle ground and up every building by 200 build points for the chance at better items but not an assured prospect.

As for problems with this idea I cannot really see any it is imbalanced in that it will take more money and more time to build extra chance levels so increasing your chances up to the 100% to get exactly what you want would cost twice the price and take twice as long to get it at the least, higher levels would take much more. If there are any major problems, then I am sure someone will state them.

I feel this idea is necessary to add a more in depth element when it comes to building in the game it lets really good towns work together towards a community goal and gives the opportunity to be the best through hard work and perseverance rather than just luck.

As I stated at the start I cannot find another idea which is exactly like this a few sort of suggest things but do not go into any minute detail, I do not believe this breaches any of the rules of the game and could only add to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As of this time there are multiple but mostly unproven theories as to how people can get better items in the stores and despite best efforts you often still get rusty things which are of no use, when compared to their sharp counterparts from a lower level.
All those theories are a simple and pure crap. Not to mention tormenting workers with that. Server gives you random items but keeps tracks what items should go elsewhere so that all towns on the world have all possible items that can be bought from stores. Besides, you can sadistically thraumatize your workers as much as you want but you'll never get a better item than a pony at general store level 3!

What I am proposing is that a town founder can select just what quality of shops they wish to have in their town...
Absolute NO.
Town founder has to be a persom with diplomatic skills.
You want to get items your shops don't have? Well...
1. Don't kill workers in a town that has those items - those workers built those shops
2. Arrange a free shoppass/NAP/alliance with those towns that have items your townmates need
3. Forts will have a shop in the future, we still don't know what will that shop have inside, but till it's added there is no need to meddle with ideas of current townshops

I do agree that current shopping system has to be changed as soon as possible. It is overcomplicated and not playerfriendly. But to change it the way you suggest?
No!

DeletedUser15302

Joker you did read the idea didn't you? your reply looks like you skimmed it and didn't really take a good look.

1. I have always played a worker so this idea would be affecting me.

2. Thats the point shopping takes a long time to leave your town join another town then rejoin your town...

3. well never heard about forts having shops but don't see why this will affect them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like it .

One of the thing i really dislike about TheWest is shopping.
The hours you have to wait for a response and then for being able to join the town can really add up and can sometimes make you miss a fun and important FORT battle.

It's much worse in old world where most towns got tons of money and don't even need your shopping fee,so many town profiles have a "Shopping closed!"

Then there are the *bleep* shopping rules and the towns that require you to deposit into their fort instead which add yet another trip and waist even more of my time. Pffft.....

So anything that can help with that would be great in my book.

Thumbs up !

Deleted User - 1278415

Joker you did read the idea didn't you? your reply looks like you skimmed it and didn't really take a good look.

1. I have always played a worker so this idea would be affecting me.

2. Thats the point shopping takes a long time to leave your town join another town then rejoin your town...

3. well never heard about forts having shops but don't see why this will affect them.

As a pure builder in 3 of my 4 worlds I play on, if I don't build the item I want I just keep building up other towns until i build it myself or move on to another. I've got time in this game.

Recoding the game for this feature is not something I want the developers working on. All shop items are available and makes it a reason for you to have to communicate and negotiate with other towns to get the items you need/want.

The developers did however open up the cant see 2 levels of your town to shoppers and that has made a world of a difference for shoppers to see what they have vs relying on accuracy of a 3rd party website.

So your town founder decides she wants to get the dancers set for the town to make her day... well then say she gets it and the rest of the town is left out in the cold with less than great clothes cause the founder had a (tumble) for brains.

So yea I like having randomness and knowing that not one other town will have better gear we all have rust, plain, sharp, precise, fancy and sometimes even a named item. (Clint Eastwood's Poncho).

As for fort shops... yea the Dev roadmap has a speedlimit... it is averaged in N-MPH (Negative Miles Per Hour) (tumble)usually.

DeletedUser15302

Only one point I want to contest there and it is really pretty silly if you ask me so the town founder wants to have the dancers set? Well like any other town if the founder goes off and does their own thing without giving a rats about the other members then the town founder often finds that their builders who do all the work are leaving town and going somewhere else.

If the only objections are that you really like the time it takes to go on a shopping trip and the possibility that the founder might be a selfish self absorbed jerk who does not think of others then yeah still can't see this as a bad idea.

DeletedUser

for this idea i only got one thing to say that things unlocked in shops should be random like current system.