Adjustments to Resistance Dueling

jarograv

Proposal
Adjust resistance dueling to bring balance to dueling

Current Workaround
Exchange your freeman's set for Doc's set

Details
Given that freeman's set (minus pants) gives 82 toughness and 65 reflex, for a total ranged protection of 85 (which can be increase by a few points depending on the pants you choose) this is easily beaten by the 128 shooting that is received with docs set using harmonica's, not to mention the 100 aim increase and 90 dodge increase. Given the massive difference between the shooting and ranged resistance that means that someone using doc's set hits for 170% before we include the players skill points from leveling and questing. Given that resistance duelers need to maintain a balance between aiming, reflex and toughness as well as vigor while range duelers only need to worry about aiming and dodging as well as shooting there is a clear disadvantage to someone using freeman set since they are easily taken out by the 170% damage multiplier given to the user of the doc set where as the resistance dueler can do only 5% more damage for a maximum total damage multiplier of 175% in which they will land less hits and are likely to never dodge. Please rework the balance and make dueling strategic again, freeman, doc and ching were meant to equal the playing field not make range 10x better than anything else.

Abuse Prevention
N/a

Visual Aids
N/a

Summary
This idea will return balance between duelers.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Ripwise

I would say only to bring dueling back to pre 1.36 version. That was the best balance imo!

DeletedUser16628

I would say only to bring dueling back to pre 1.36 version. That was the best balance imo!

Ripwise nail on the head my friend.Now I could and would like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34315

The dueling will be changed in the next update.

That's a very good point, no point in pushing for a change in dueling just to watch it become irrelevant/not what we intended in a couple of months.

DeletedUser22685

The dueling will be changed in the next update.

It was on the Roadmap, that doesn't mean it's in the next update. It's the work changes that are in the next update, not the duel system.

DeletedUser16628

Agreed RedRain the luck factor just plain blows really.

Ripwise

Solution is quite easy, bring back pre 1.36 dueling and thats it :D

Jarograv, sorry if this is going offtopic but your idea covers a lot of things which pre 1.36 dueling system would fix.

DeletedUser16628

Time to lock this bad boy down and on to the next conversation.

DeletedUser16435

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Bravo!!! One of very few real common sense ideas, development wise, I've heard on dueling!!! I might just drag myself from the hotels for that :shootout:

DeletedUser16435

It's hardly the first time that's been suggested :p

This is true. However not being much on forum dwelling, excuse me for chiming in. All I know. is dueling was much more fun before the brains of this operation began tinkering and messing around in pursuit of improvement. If it ain't broke--don't fix it. The dueling changes went way too far and ruined that aspect of the game. Dueling has players normally in game and active all hours of the day and night so why not put more emphasis and a higher priority to get it right. If that means rolling back the dueling formulations prior to many of the updates then do it. More active ingame players is a win-win.