Adjusting Union Pacific Chest Prices

bosurker

Proposal
Currently, the prices of most chests in the Union Pacific Shop are ridiculously high for the items you can potentially achieve. To make these chests even remotely relevant I'm proposing the Prices of these chests be adjusted as follows under Details (to some degree, Prices are just estimates based on contents).

Following a format as follows should help reviving this section of the Union Pacific Shop once again, and possibly increase revenue for Inno by encouraging Premium players to still participate during tombolla breaks without introducing new Power Creeping sets.

Current Workaround
This may be a stretch when considering the word "Workaround", but well worth noting. I feel confident in saying that most of the chests mentioned enter the game in a manner most players wouldn't like them such as Tombolla spins (when they'd rather be getting desirable items), or via community stage rewards such as Day of the Dead and Valentines Day when players receive chests for hitting certain milestones.

Details

Beginner's Bag (Currently 25 Nuggets / Bonds): 25 - Reason being - this price doesn't change is due to the fact that its' purchase is required in the Tutorial Questline and would be less work to go back and adjust the awarded amount.

Junk Chest (Currently 50 Nuggets / Bonds): Remove Entirely - Reason being - the name couldn't be more accurate. The list of items contained in this chest is absolutely disgusting, and given the current status of worlds I'd be willing to wager one of these has not been purchased in a very long time.

Iron Clad Chest (Currently 100 Nuggets / Bonds): 15 - Reason being - the only desirable item worth mentioning in this chest is the Level 600 Recipes for the Knight In Shining Armor Quest (which might I add are pumped into the game already via Luck drops, and I rarely see sell for more than $30,000 on my main server Fairbank).

Fancy Chest (Currently 200 Nuggets / Bonds): 20 - Reason being - although this chest actually contains somewhat desirable items, based on what I can tell the chance of getting one of those items is roughly 5%. That means to actually get a collector item you'd need to open 20 chests on average meaning currently you'd spend 200 x 20 = 4,000 Nuggets / Bonds, and if updated 20 x 20 = 400 Nuggets / Bonds. In a time where we can spend 150 Nuggets / Bonds during Tombollas and get items to sell for $600,000, I'd say that's still more than fair.

Noble Chest (Currently 250 Nuggets / Bonds): 25 - Reason being - this chest opens the door to the next window of items over Level 100 and with that comes higher average sales price (and this is where some people might start hesitating on the low price); this is where I ask you to stay with me. The chance of receiving a collector item to my knowledge sits around 2.5% meaning 97.5% of items received will most likely be sold to the mobile trader. Most people might worry about how this essentially creates a Nuggets / Bonds to cash option - which it essentially would be doing - but I'd like to point out the fact that just about any player can currently fill their energy for 18 Nuggets or buy a Mate Tea for 36 Nuggets / Bonds and do a lot of damage between Cash Earned and items received that are most likely sold. The highest value non-collector item you can open is a Fancy Shell Jacket with a sales price of $28,630, and there is no doubt that a full energy bar can do more damage than the absolute best case scenario.

Unique Chest (Currently 500 Nuggets / Bonds): 75 - Reason being - this chest has a nearly 25% chance of granting a collector item from what I can gather, meaning on average a unique collector item would cost about 300 Nuggets / Bonds.

Unique Precious Chest (Currently 750 Nuggets / Bonds): 60 - Reason being - though this chest contains (possible bias here) better items than its' predecessor, it also has a much lower rate of roughly 12% of a unique collector item. The non-collector items might have a higher sales price, but the chance of receiving the collector item from this is roughly 1/10 meaning it should cost about 600 Nuggets / Bonds to receive one (nearly the cost of the highest spin in most Tombollas).

Premium Chest (Currently 1,500 Nuggets / Bonds): 450 - Reason being - most items contained in this chest are of the same caliber mentioned previously when referring to collector items with a handful of exceptions (Howdah's Pistol / Golden Tomahawk / Inno Belt / GG Keys / Sniper Rifle / Elephant Gun). What sets this chest apart is the fact that unlike those listed above, you are guaranteed to get one of those shiny items with a small chance at one of those items included in parenthesis. Those items however appear to be insanely rare, and even at this new price of 450, one would be better off inviting a friend to play and treating them to a bunch of nuggets to simply get those items via Recruit a Friend system.

Glossy Premium Chest (Currently 2,000 Nuggets / Bonds): 500 - Reason being - from what I can gather with the limited information I have this chest guarantees a collector item from the 100+ sets with no additional chance of receiving any of the ultra-rare items found in Premium Chests (listed in Parenthesis). Although I haven't suggested changes in Chest content until now, it would be nice to see the Howdah Pistol / Inno Belt / Golden Tomahawk added here to at least make it more justifiable with that amount of currency.

NEW Collector Chest: 2,500 Bonds

Would contain items such as Howdah's Pistol / Golden Tomahawk / Inno Belt / Venomous Snake / Black Friday Gear / Soccer Gear / Wright Brother Diploma Set Pieces / Summer Pieces (All Self Standing Items that don't require set bonuses to stand out)

Would refrain from including items without unique bonuses such as: Football Pieces / Pirate Outfit / Prisoner Outfit / Etc...

Abuse Prevention
The only problem I see possibly arising is the possibility for a Nugget / Bond to cash conversion and cash possibly entering the game quicker than it has previously causing possible inflation. Although I have noted this as a potential problem, I still maintain that the simple act of using 18 Nuggets to refill an energy bar is far more damaging to the Economy than whatever sales revenue players will receive from unwanted items.

Visual Aids
Don't feel this is necessary, not suggesting any new content - merely requesting existing content be updated to make it relevant again.

Summary
Ultimately I am hoping this will give Collectors like myself a chance to reasonably obtain some of those items we are / have been hunting for achievements and give players with excess Nuggets & Bonds something to use them on other than some Bags containing items during the Christmas Event & occasional spins during Tombollas. Chests in their current state are absolutely useless, and although my prices suggested may seem low - I hope everyone understands the practical reasoning behind why I listed them as they are. Also I realize I slipped that Collector Chest in here and if there are any worries or complaints about it, I ask that it be explicitly noted whether you agree or disagree with the Price Changes and New Chest separately (I simply included this chest to fill the gap in pricing of chests).

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Not as suggested here as far as I can tell.

Quick Disclaimer: My figures were gathered via TW-Calc's Chest Statistics and are only as accurate as the data given to me. I assume they are accurate based on the amount of data collected (to some degree).

Last edited:

DeletedUser26820

Well done, bosurker. Good point of relating the prices of some of the chests to tombola spins, and completely agreed the junk chest is useless.

DeletedUser35533

well if we used logic craft bag [item=2134000] would cost 25 bonds or less . knowing how things usually go, if they change prices they will probably go up since now the bond cap is at 3.000 instead of 2.000

asdf124

I think the current sales should be adequate price change to be permanent than just a sale change.

60% price drop is reasonable as these items have long lost their worthiness.

DeletedUser26820

If the chests are worthless, stop buying them. Maybe then economics will take over, and due to a total lack of demand for them, the price on the item will come down to meet market demand and a price it's willing to support. But I know.... economics and this game don't go together. What was I thinking??

DeletedUser38810

absolutely agree, not being crazy would pay the amount of bonuses or nuggets that cost the chests, sets and some other things from the shop of the peaceful union, they are already very obsolete in terms of the use that can be given now, support a readjustment Of the prices

For my part, my argument is that you can not sell for example a premium chest for 1500 bonuses or nuggets, if a chest with a whole set much more current and useful, costs double (see the Christmas chests as a reference), the Utility of the premium chest and the items it contains are barely 1/6 - 1/8 of a time compared to the current event chests.

DeletedUser37698

I think this is a great idea. Aside from satisfying those hoarders cough I mean collectors, It should give players some initiative to buy those chests.

Apelatia

Very nice idea! I would love to continue collecting beyond what I have managed already, and this would make it more affordable whilst still being a significant challenge.

DeletedUser38817

Great idea, I honestly don't know who still buys those chests but I'm guessing some ppl do otherwise it would have been removed by now.