Add more quest please

• Thread starter Deleted User - 3853873
  • Start date

Deleted User - 3853873

I know not every one does quest lines.But some of us really enjoy them. From like 100 to 150 there is only two quest lines to do and wish you would add more please.One at level 115 and 125 lol.Id like more quest to do after 115 besides just doing dailys.I myself like doing quest and enjoy that part of the game and dont see why more of them havent been developed? I know you dont make any money off them like you do tombolas,but I think it would make some of us very happy to have more to do.and would make you money by us paying for premium to do the quest,when there isnt any quest to do why pay premium just for higher drops and stuff?.I see it as win win situation for inno and players if there was more high level quest to do:):)

DeletedUser22685

Inno are constantly working to develop new questlines. Simply stating "add more quests" isn't actually giving them any ideas that they don't already have.

DeletedUser37031

I haven't done all quests in none of the characters I have but I understand those players who have done them all and want new ones. As for ideas for quests there can be many. One I have thought is that there could be some new class questlines, so every class can get a new item (was thinking of a weapon or gun or horse and make it part of the sets that you can buy from the UP shops soldier/adventurer/worker/dueller set and actually make them valuable to buy them). This questline could start at lvl100 (since that is the requirment to equip all the items of the sets) and will also 'make' some players buy these sets from the shop just to have a new full set (so money can be made from this for inno).

Deleted User - 3853873

Ya I posted this in wrong area,I should gave posted in saloon I think not ideas.It is just a wish of mine to have more quest to do.I am just one of those players that enjoy doing quest lines.and I know that inno makes plenty money they could hire people to work on quest to add to the game,not just new holiday and tombolas,doesnt even need to have a big reward at the end.could be just something like 3 days income bonus or something simple.Quest just seam like something that you can work on ,besides just doing fort battles and the adventures game, to me a game that has been around this many years it does not have that many quest compared to the competition,there should be a lot more quest added when they raised level cap.

DeletedUser36559

I'm sure Inno are doing their best trying to work on new quests. Maybe if they released too many new quests at the higher levels this may deter people from exploring other aspects of the game such as crafting, dueling, fort battling.

DeletedUser22685

I'm sure Inno are doing their best trying to work on new quests. Maybe if they released too many new quests at the higher levels this may deter people from exploring other aspects of the game such as crafting, dueling, fort battling.

Not really. Quests can easily be done around those other kinds of activities and can't be done as a full-time activity for very long before they're completed. I don't think there's really such thing as too many quests as long as the requirements aren't completely disproportionate to the rewards, as is the case in many of the most recently added quests.

MFRavenhawk

For someone at level 149, at 638 crafting, and ranked in the top 25 on my world for dueling (and only a dozen odd potential victims, but that is another issue), I would agree we need more quests at upper levels.....and not ones that can be done in just a couple hours like the last few new ones Inno came out with could be.

The new adventures help some, but even that is getting old real fast when you have everyone either gang-piling you or outright avoiding you. More variety to the adventures, or making team options will be great improvements there.

DeletedUser35712

Perhaps quests could be based on historical events. I know the clothes sets are named after real people - so perhaps take some historic events from the Wild West and creation quests around them.

DeletedUser22685

Perhaps quests could be based on historical events. I know the clothes sets are named after real people - so perhaps take some historic events from the Wild West and creation quests around them.

The main story certainly isn't lacking in plagiarism, if that counts. I'm sure basing a questline on actual events can't be too much harder than copying it from a movie or a video game (and it's certainly more ethical), so there may be some potential there.

Deleted User - 3853873

For someone at level 149, at 638 crafting, and ranked in the top 25 on my world for dueling (and only a dozen odd potential victims, but that is another issue), I would agree we need more quests at upper levels.....and not ones that can be done in just a couple hours like the last few new ones Inno came out with could be.

The new adventures help some, but even that is getting old real fast when you have everyone either gang-piling you or outright avoiding you. More variety to the adventures, or making team options will be great improvements there.
Lol they avoid you cause you have a tombola weapon ha ha and they gang up on you because that too.if you want them stand and fight you euip a normal weapon lol.a lot people are afraid to even play you guys and quit when they see one in the lobby.

MFRavenhawk

Lol they avoid you cause you have a tombola weapon ha ha and they gang up on you because that too.if you want them stand and fight you euip a normal weapon lol.a lot people are afraid to even play you guys and quit when they see one in the lobby.

Havent heard you complain when I am on your team ;)

Deleted User - 3853873

ha ha yes I like when you,ptyltd monica dieben really any you guys are on my team lol.usually if someone going spend money to get a weapon then they are more apt to know how a game works lol. I dont mind those weapons at all in the game long as it isnt like one time the only time i quit in the lobby,was when i saw other team had 2 bows and one steampunk.now that was a little to unbalanced ha ha. we had total maybe 10k hp on our team and 4 of thiers was over 20k lol.havent seen that since then tho thank god. I d play with ya anytime mfravenhawk lol

MFRavenhawk

ha ha yes I like when you,ptyltd monica dieben really any you guys are on my team lol.usually if someone going spend money to get a weapon then they are more apt to know how a game works lol. I dont mind those weapons at all in the game long as it isnt like one time the only time i quit in the lobby,was when i saw other team had 2 bows and one steampunk.now that was a little to unbalanced ha ha. we had total maybe 10k hp on our team and 4 of thiers was over 20k lol.havent seen that since then tho thank god. I d play with ya anytime mfravenhawk lol
Had one instance where I had to face three Manitus in a battle.....and more than several where I was facing two of them. And many of those my side was overwhelmed by HP and firepower.....nothing you can do except try your best.

And believe me....I own four event win weapons and I hate facing off against a single Manitu or Hanks, let alone 3 or more of them combined.

But not liking it is no excuse to quit the lineup or asking others to as I have seen some players doing, let alone going inactive after it starts....yes we hear the opposition chatter in the adventure lobby even if we dont respond to it. All that results is they ruin the game for everyone with that kind of attitude.

Funny thing though....two such players did just that over and over today...asking folks to quit the line up because they thought it was unbalanced. If they think it unbalanced and dont like the lineup...they should quit it themselves. But NOOOOO!!!!!..they wont because they are now finding themselves with 11+ hour delays for doing so. And gee, I played against these two folks (separately, fortunately...heaven forbid dealing with both their toxic attitudes together) in 5 separate battles they still claimed were unbalanced on my side, an 'unfair advantage'. But guess what...they managed to win despite their complaints, bickering and negativity.

So I must ask....why they complaining? They have proven to yourselves that the event weapons CAN be won against. And often quite easily. But I guess they prefer to claim its wholly unfair instead of enjoying the game, doing their best, and simply making it a pleasant experience for all players, win or lose.

PS: My apologies for taking this thread a bit off-topic from the original posting :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Only if they get back to the "start":
Quests can only be made if you have positive points on the jobs.

Some of the old quests keept that requirements and people still bug the local supports when they cannot drop something... because they have 40 negative points on the job.

All the new quests have only the starting level has a requirement. Everything else can be made without anything more. At level 130 you have all the jobs open... even that you have 19000 on health. So you can complete, almost, all the quests.

If they go back and start to create quests that requires people to have positive points, Potions, money and instructions will be hot things. Because people will need them to complete the quests. Until they do that... all the quests are just fills that can be made in a blink of an eye.

DeletedUser22685

Only if they get back to the "start":
Quests can only be made if you have positive points on the jobs.

Some of the old quests keept that requirements and people still bug the local supports when they cannot drop something... because they have 40 negative points on the job.

All the new quests have only the starting level has a requirement. Everything else can be made without anything more. At level 130 you have all the jobs open... even that you have 19000 on health. So you can complete, almost, all the quests.

If they go back and start to create quests that requires people to have positive points, Potions, money and instructions will be hot things. Because people will need them to complete the quests. Until they do that... all the quests are just fills that can be made in a blink of an eye.

You're completely right. When it was first announced that the job system was going to be restructured and based on levels, I couldn't fathom the motives behind doing so. I didn't vocalise my concerns at the time beyond a couple of passing comments because it looked like it was going to be the only chance we had of getting rid of the ridiculous fixed-time system that came with 2.0.

It seems as though I'm saying something similar to this in every second post these days, but the game has become far too easy. The job system and its impact on quest difficulty is a big part of that. However, it's not the most important issue.

Consider the fact that with the current amount of item sets available in-game, any high level player can have positive LP in almost every job other than the new ones that were added when the level cap was raised. The vast majority of these 120+ jobs have a danger rating that makes it difficult to attempt more than a couple of hours at a time with negative LP unless you have an abundance of health potions or don't mind spending time in a hotel. It's far more productive to simply spend some bonds on work instructions, which happen to be extremely cheap.

So if the level requirement on jobs was once again replaced with a labour point requirement, the amount of jobs that are lost to most players would actually be quite minimal, and work instructions would remain easily accessible. This, coupled with the fact that it would take a great deal of time on the part of the developers to once again overhaul such an huge part of the game, leads me to believe that there are more important things that they could be spending their time on (like fixing duelling or convincing Inno's PR team to spend some of the income from those damn tombola events on advertising).

Pankreas PorFavor

convincing Inno's PR team to spend some of the income from those damn tombola events on advertising

THIS! we need more players NOW. When the number of players in W9 got low I had to migrate, and I chose AZ. 2 years later there's less than 2000 players in Arizona (and login screen tells us it's "Highly populated"?!?!). Where will Inno tell me to go next? I see advertisements for other games by Inno, but not for The West. Come on, do something about it!

DeletedUser36559

Yeah I've seen plenty of advertisements from other games by Inno but never seen the west before. Even in those monthly Innogame videos they seem to exclude the west all the time and add all their other games.

DeletedUser22685

Yeah I've seen plenty of advertisements from other games by Inno but never seen the west before. Even in those monthly Innogame videos they seem to exclude the west all the time and add all their other games.

There used to be The West ads everywhere. That's how most of us older players who didn't come here directly from Tribalwars found out about the game in the first place. I have no idea how you guys got here.

The lack of advertising is pretty much the sole reason activity has suffered as it has. Admittedly, there have been some unpopular decisions in terms of the game's development that haven't exactly helped matters, but they've played a smaller part than most players seem to think.

Our player retention rate has never been good. The fact is that this is a unique type of game and it takes a certain kind of person to enjoy it. Only a very small percentage of the people who have started accounts here have persevered for any significant amount of time. The problem we've been faced with over the last few years since advertising was cancelled is that our player retention rate has not increased by any noticeable amount. I say "noticeable amount", because contrary to popular belief, I'd hazard a guess that it has actually increased somewhat, as while the development decisions I mentioned earlier had a kind of exodus effect on existing players, to those who knew no different, there are aspects of The West 2.0 that are more attractive than the original that we dinosaurs seem to harp on about continually.

Anyway, excuse my tangent. Like I said, the player retention rate has not increased to anywhere near the point where it can counteract the lack of new players being brought into the game through advertising. No matter how many great new features are added, there's literally nothing we can do other than sit here and watch as numbers continue to dwindle as a result of the lack of new blood. Simple maths dictates that, and I believe Inno realise it as well. But they seem reluctant to reroute any of their advertising budget from games like Grepolis or Forge of Empires or even the shiny new Tribalwars 2, which is unfortunate for us.

Last edited by a moderator: