Active Roleplayers and RPs

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

DeletedUser37114

Did you send him the same PM as you sent me? Cuz if so, he may be reading for the next day or three... *Insert joke about writing books*

But seriously, would love to have you in Tiran, Johann, though a little sad that you're not going to be making a race for Kauria. Let us know your final decision when you make it.

Apelatia

I'm curious, partly because I haven't joined a new RP for a while... Is there a set date for the release of Kauria? I'm looking forward to having a new RP to post in now, particular with Irulia seemingly coming towards the latter stages...

I also look forward to Braet's reply to Sentinels. Where has Galen gone, and where are the undead going? :D

DeletedUser37114

We don't have a set date (will have to confer with Regal on getting one set up), though we had been using "June" as a loose one. I'll try to talk with him tonight to get one set up and have one of us post it in this thread for everyone to see. The deadline for race design will probably be set pretty close to now and release of the RP itself will likely be relatively soon afterwards.

Deleted User - 819397

Ok, so Autumn and I talked it out, and here's what we've decided.

Cutoff for races: Midnight June 1st…we feel there's been plenty of time to get something together, but want you to have a bit more time just in case (mainly for Johann because of the race convergence by accident). So, once the month rolls over, we're closing that up.

RP launch: Sometime between June 1st-7th. This will hopefully be on the front end of the spectrum, but we're leaving a larger timeframe in case complications arise with implementing races to complement the existing ones or getting everything finalized.

So…we'll be all set within a week and a half at the absolute latest…we're looking forward to getting this off the ground!

DeletedUser31931

And so without further ado, I would like to announce one of the last races to be joining Kauria.

The Shades
Little is known about The Shades. Legends about their origins are as many and varying as there are stars in the night sky. They have existed on Kauria for as long as the planet themselves, though they leave little to no cultural traces. The Shades are born of darkness. They are birthed from the shadows which gives rise to their nickname as well as their magical abilities. Shades wield the shadows like a weapon, able to bend and control them to their will, forming projectiles, swords, daggers and shields from the shadows that surround them, including their own. Their prime ability, however, is their ability to vanish from sight. Cloaking themselves in shadows, Shades become transparent and ethereal, able to move through people. They are almost undetectable by both basic magic and the naked eye. It takes a trained magician, or someone renowned for their sight to be able to spot them. The more powerful a Shade is as a mage, the harder it becomes to detect them both through magical and natural means. Shade’s abilities to sense one another depend on their age and their natural mastery of the shadows. The older a Shade gets the greater their powers become. Shades of a greater power can sense cloaked Shades meaning that older Shades are often sought out as guards for caravans. This is also aided by their lack of requirement for sleep as well as the fact that they can see in the dark as if it were pure daylight.

Little is known about Shade culture and life. Shades do not live together in any great hoard but generally tend to stick to small groups and mingle with the other societies. When Shades are birthed, they are already adults, having full knowledge of their culture and language meaning that little is written down in their society as the Shades see no cause behind it. Shades speak their own language as well as the common tongues of Kauria, their language is a beautiful melodic sound that is difficult for others to understand and even harder for outsiders to speak. Their own name is spoken in that language and is generally unpronounceable leading to their nickname of “Shades”.

Shade culture and religion is dominated by the idea of “The Cycle”. The Cycle is one of the greatest mysteries about the Shades and despite numerous attempts to understand it, no-one has ever made headway into finding its cause. Shades are immune to all diseases and, if not prematurely killed, they live to the exact age of 120 before they fade from existence, only to be reborn the next day with no memories of their previous incarnation. Their rebirth is an informal process; Shades walk out into the world from a single shadow, forming with their clothes intact around them. They are born with full knowledge of their current form and of the Cycle, though they are born without a name and so Shades remain nameless for the first five years of their life. Upon the day of the Fifth year since their return, they chose a name that defines them and their personality and that name will remain for the next 115 years. If a Shade dies prematurely then his/her spirit waits for the remainder of their Cycle before being reborn. It is a widely known belief that the Shades believe that if every Shade on Kauria were to be dead at the same time, then the Cycle would end and the Shades would become extinct. Shades hold the Cycle in a special place of reverence and believe that their own fates are dictated by it and that all actions affect their path in the Cycle.

Shades are masters at stealth and secrecy and they reflect this in their appearance. Their traditional clothing is black and their form is almost ethereal, they are surrounded by the shadows over which they have control. Shades are asexual but not aromantic. They will seek out a life partner to share their lives with and although Shades are known to have relationships with those of other species it is an unusual occurrence with Shades generally preferring the company of their own kind. They straddle the middle ground of physical and magical strengths, generally tending to lean towards the magical side; however, there are exceptions to the rule.

Deleted User - 819397

Alright, so races are closed from the perspective of players coming in…overall, not a bad lineup. Just a couple holes Autumn and I want to fill…so, let me introduce one of those races.

Nuseni
The Nuseni are a semi-aquatic race, and their appearance matches their preferred locale. Nuseni vary vastly in skin tone, being as varied as both salt and freshwater fish in the colors and patterns on their flesh. However, their eyes are always solid black. They genetically have no hair and have almost perfectly flat noses, as anything to increase drag in the water would be disadvantageous. Their clothes are akin to wetsuits, created through a specialized technique to twist water into a solid opaque covering. While in the water, their legs are bound together with a membrane creating something not unlike a mermaid/man appearance. On land, the membrane retracts, allowing them to walk.

The Nuseni are very much occupied with keeping the rivers and lakes of Kauria clean. Due to this, they have a very close friendship with the Drinden, who desire the same thing (though the Drinden have a bigger picture of things to protect). Most of the Nuseni's tools are created either the same way as their clothes, or with natural components found in the water. This is largely due to most common metals rusting under constant water exposure, but it is also partially to accommodate the Drinden, who have a strong aversion to worked metals. However, for tools and weapons that require metal, they do not have an issue buying them from other races.

Nuseni are the foremost experts on water magic, and as a general rule, the more water around, the more powerful they are. When in the water, they are very agile and powerful with physical weapons, and their magic has unlimited resources from which to work. On land they are far clumsier physically, and their magic must make do with the water in the air and in their immediate surroundings. Nuseni have a very strong aversion to fire, stemming from the fact their sleek skin is meant to be hydrated at all times. This extends to sunlight, prompting most Terran-bound Nuseni to keep a small layer of water covering their bodies at all times. Nuseni are best known for being incredibly speedy messengers, carrying information between races in a fraction of the time it would take to go over land with a mix of aquatic-based technologies. They also invented the spell to allow other races to breathe underwater, which was important for diplomacy purposes as all Nuseni settlements are beneath the surface. The Nuseni are a very friendly people, interacting well with all races. They are only known to get mad if someone purposely does something to upset the ecosystem in any body of water on Kauria, which the Nuseni all believe to be theirs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37114

And getting in probably the last race, now to get the holes filled so that we can corral some unsuspecting players over the tra- pitfa- RP events and get things going.

Nyf
Hailing from the snow and ice of northern Kauria, the Nyf are generally quite peaceful, with a strong sense of empathy for those around them, regardless of race. They keep an open culture, welcoming visitors and strangers of all kinds with open arms. The Nyf generally keep to tribal groups, with some hunting and gathering while others stay in one place to farm and raise animals. Due to their heavy fur, cold doesn't bother them much, though they tend to be quite uncomfortable in warmer and dryer areas.

Nyf are more physical than other races, generally standing at least six feet tall and are heavily muscled. They often spend time either among their families and home communities or serving as diplomats and peacemakers among the races. With many of the weapons used by other races simply being too light for them to use and a general preference against fighting, many Nyf will simply grab a heavy object when fighting is necessary, though their hunters will often use large spears made from the bones of the animals they hunt. They generally have little ability to use magic outside of their inherent empathic abilities, with most able to simply cool the air around them and little else, though a few are able to summon storms of cold and help to craft the magical clothing to keep cool in southern areas. Much of this work is outsourced to other races however, as demand far outstrips the supply that can be produced by the Nyf alone. Due to their openness and friendliness, the Nyf have good relations with every race, though individuals may have different opinions and the further from the cold a race may be the fewer relations they'll have with the Nyf.

Apelatia

I do feel more drawn towards the idea of the Nuseni than that of the Drinden, so I've decided that I will switch races. My character will be a Nuseni, rather than the Drinden, as I'd previously stated I would be.

I look forward to the start.

Deleted User - 819397

Well hello there! Long time no see around these parts! I hope life's treating you well? Is this a temporary 'stick my head in to say hi' kind of thing, or is this a longer term return?

Apelatia

It's nice to see you again, Alawa! Welcome back, even if this is just a temporary visit. It'll be good to see you in RPs again if you have the time to spare.

DeletedUser25825

Never can tell. I'm around, but life constantly reminds me it exists with the occasional rearing of its ugly head. How are things?

DeletedUser37114

Not for me, I don't know anything about any such rut. Nooooooothing at all. Totally didn't spend the last two weeks or so not posting because of such a thing.

Also, thank you Braet. That scene in Tiran will now become infinitely more awkward than I'd planned. Fun times for EVERYONE. :D

DeletedUser37114

Nope, but congrats. You're officially the first person to totally stump Gwyll. She doesn't know WHAT he's talking about or doing, though she's not going to be happy that he turned down her proposal that Joshua join them... ;)

DeletedUser31931

Quick note and I should have mentioned this a while ago but life and stuff: I'm not actually going to be around from tomorrow until a week on Friday. I'm climbing in France and even if I have wifi, I'll only be on mobile so I will only post if absolutely necessary.

DeletedUser28032

Yep I thought that would be the case Aut, but hey what did you think would happen? I've just got the impression that this encounter is going to end with the lines "what the hell are you talking about?"
"What am I talking about?! What are you talking about?"

Deleted User - 819397

Just so long as Joshua gets to tease Khalid about it, and no one ends up attacking the other, I'm ok with just about any outcome :D

I'll try to get caught up in RPs tomorrow…been getting back into the work groove meaning I've had to prioritize certain things over others, but I'm done until Monday and can definitely catch back up, though CoA is currently waiting on Apel, since all three of the characters that can influence the situation that I'm willing to let influence the situation are tied into what's going on there. The rest of you are welcome to keep talking in that though, of course. The main plot is on hold, doesn't mean any of your character development plots can't keep going :)