Activateable Crafting Weapons

jarograv

Proposal
Give craft weapons a bonus when equipped that is activate-able every 24hrs.

Current Workaround
Reach level 600 crafting, get a useless weapon \o/

Details
Each crafted weapon would give a certain bonus useable every 24hrs similar to the energy or work motivation bags.

Medicine Man's Tomahawk - 10% health points refilled (similar to a stomach medicine)
Harper's Axe - 25LP (similar to the LP buffs a field cook can make, may need to be a bit more than 25LP... minor details)
Stranger's Colt - Undecided between a duel motivation buff or a duel damage buff
Pete's Remington - Active waytime shortening 15%

(Obviously these numbers and potential benefits could be tweaked, but I tried to avoid anything that is too similar to bond shop buffs, especially the motivation and energy bags which are already implemented)

One obvious issue is being able to just equip it without using the bonus right away, maybe instead of yes/no in the pop-up dialogue (see below) there could be an option to just equip.

Abuse Prevention
Even if a player has 20 medicine mad tomahawks, do not allow them to use all 20, require the 24hr cooldown still.

Visual Aids
Activation popup: [spoil]
G1ngUOb.png
[/spoil]
Upon Activation: [spoil]
a5Qx9W3.png
[/spoil]
After Activation: [spoil]Sry no picture :p but there would be little yellow text saying how long until you can activate it next.[/spoil]

Summary
I think this would give use to the crafting weapons that take ages to be able to make, however the implemented solution can't give an unfair advantage to people who have over tons of craft weapons stocked up.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited:

DeletedUser22685

Those weapons definitely need to be made better in some way, or another reward needs to be given to players who reach 600 crafting. It's one of the most daunting tasks in-game and you get nothing to show for it except $50k from the market.

DeletedUser

Those weapons definitely need to be made better in some way, or another reward needs to be given to players who reach 600 crafting. It's one of the most daunting tasks in-game and you get nothing to show for it except $50k from the market.

The price is half of that in some worlds and so many players have just bought them instead of trying to get their crafting level high enough and trading.

DeletedUser36559

Where on earth did you get that many golden tomahawks? :huh:, yeah the idea is pretty good those weapons do need to be improved.

DeletedUser35533

meh. I like it but I think adding better craft weapons would be better, a second set with + to all with 0.3/4 leveling per level. make it 4-5 times harder to craft than the ones we have now.

hp one is good.
lp is useless, you cant make craft master unless you have made 120 + - in game and 25lp is nothing to lvl 120.how about instead of LP you get temporary skill points in a random skill (maybe it could be drawn only from the pool of work skills) it would be random every time
Active waytime shortening , sure why not. mine don't see much use anyway. IMHO maybe make it a + 99999 or +500(something more normal) bonus that works for 1 day and needs a week to cooldown ?
also while we on the subject maybe remove the cooldown on crafting.

DeletedUser25173

Where on earth did you get that many golden tomahawks? :huh:,
Right those 123 Hodwahs are OK to you :p.
Some improvement is required obviously!
There is a problem though! The worlds are filled with these items bought for 15k - 50 k at most.
The best option would be to go on with crafting and at some further point say 1000 cp you can make these better. And maybe switch proffessions so the HP increase on the tomahawk can be ade by the medic while the remignton of the sadler to be ienhanced by the cook etc.

Last edited by a moderator: