Achievement Rankings

bosurker

Idea title: Add Achievement Point Rankings to the Ranks Window in Game
Details of idea: Essentially we have a fairly wide range of ranked activities within game, however there is no leaderboard for Achievement Points. If possible, could we see this added showing rankings of players with the highest achievement points on our worlds?

Visual Aid:
0U9tNJw3QKKMWZxfezYeSQ.png

Reasons for submitting: As someone who enjoys trying to complete achievements in every aspect of the game, it would be a nice touch in the rankings window to compare achievement progress with other players in the world.

asdf124

I think they should make multiplayer rankings like the skill points ranking as the problem of making new rankings is the tedious outlook of the rankings.

Grouping up these rankings and having an interface like AP/SP ranking is best way imo .

However, it might be too complex for newbies.

bosurker

I think they should make multiplayer rankings like the skill points ranking as the problem of making new rankings is the tedious outlook of the rankings.

Grouping up these rankings and having an interface like AP/SP ranking is best way imo .

However, it might be too complex for newbies.

Indeed, I'm all for reformatting it like the Skills window - but also would like the see Achievement Rankings added regardless.

DeletedUser26820

A great suggestion, bosurker.
Inno has done a good job of in 2017 of giving us Fort Battles, Crafting, Construction, and Adventures rankings in this window.
An Achievement Points tab would be the next logical progression in the evolution.

I'm sorry.... did I use the word "logical" in The West Forum?

Oh, my..... here come some ban points.....

It's a no-brainer and I apologized in advance.....

asdf124

Firstly, I don't see how that's complex.

Secondly, what newbies?
Might is a relative term for if new players join they may think of it complex, may not think it looks complex.

I am still hoping that innogames turn things around, so don't burst my hope with the reality of what is happening.

Pretty please?

And to stay on this topic, it is a yes from me as I believe players would enjoy the competition.

DeletedUser33353

It would be a neat idea, but one that will not show the true results.
With the addition of achievements of buying nugget only gear(Wright's, Colcord's, etc), and the removal of old achievements.....it would only give a skewed result.
Better things to be fixed/added than this.

Dubjean

I think there's too many rankings now. How far are we going to scroll across to see who is the 'best' at anything? Who has traveled the furthest or slept the longest or mined the most coal. Keep those rankings coming and everyone may be the best somewhere. ;)

DeletedUser38817

I think there's too many rankings now. How far are we going to scroll across to see who is the 'best' at anything? Who has traveled the furthest or slept the longest or mined the most coal. Keep those rankings coming and everyone may be the best somewhere. ;)

Just a bit of competitiveness really, sure there is no need for actual rankings but if you think in the long term when you run out of things to do in-game trying to become 1st in rankings could be another goal you set yourself but I do see where you are coming from.

bosurker

I agree there are a lot of rankings as they currently stand, but Achievements are pretty all-encompassing and require participation in a lot of activities within the game. Someone who never engages in Fort Fighting will have significantly less Achievement points than someone who does and actively engages in all sorts of content. If the number of rankings is a problem I'd be more than happy removing a few existing rankings to make room (Such as Crafting? / Construction).

DeletedUser26820

If we're talking about an additional tab in the RANKINGS window, let's not quibble about one more....
For in 2017, we saw Fort Battles, Crafting, Construction and Adventures added to it. What is one more for Achievements?

I play only only one world, and I'm true to it, but these tabs are important to me.....
Who I loan gear to, who I FF with and against, who I duel, who I trade with, who I craft with, and blah blah blah.....

It's another tab on an window we already have. Another no-brainer.

Don't cave in, bosurker. Achievement points not only define your well-rounded player, but the veteran toon that has attempted to do it all.
The toon that "has been there and done that".
A tab such as this will not only show appreciation to those that have on their servers, but assist those that aspire as to reach out to for assistance in doing the same.

deiben -- Briscoe -- 39,810

I'll assist to the best of my ability any achievement point chaser on BRISCOE

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33353

LOL, you wannabe golfer. Good to see you. I have no problems with having another tab. What I have a problem with is having achievements that are not credited(DotD is one), only possible by buying into inno scams(football set, cowboy, etc), achievements that are deleted(y'all do remember that friendly fire one in adventures, right?). But by all means, lets have another tab instead of fixing some of the other long term issues.

Kidd-w13-39770(used be more :rolleyes:)

DeletedUser26820

I'll agree that Achievement Points should never have come from nugget purchase scams of special promotions.
I'll agree that Achievement Points should never have come from chasing a chicken at adventures that never should have been introduced.
I'll agree that Achievement Points should have a TAB on it's server.

For accomplishing them are a goal. Accomplishing them cross self, town and broken ass alliance mindsets.
For accomplishing them takes a butt load of help. Gotta FF, construct, duel, adventure, town fair, craft, trade, and on and on....

So it's on the Inno Team, if they're reading, how to line our future ACHIEVEMENT POINTS for us....

Some of us take it seriously, I do.
I'm not embarrassed to say I want to knock them all out. To max them out.

But that's not to distract from this thread..... That there should be an ACHIEVEMENTS tab ranking on every server.....

You peckerheads might be impressed by the conversations the top 10 on Briscoe would have to cooperate with each other to knock out what we're missing...
But you guys are busy playing other servers with your broken ass us vs them alliance mindsets you have no time for global cooperation on your "other" server.

I know this is a double post..... I'll take my warning or points for it....

While we're bickering about Achievement Points, the Poles, Germans, Czechs and other teams are working to laugh at us again.... To kick our butts in the next IFBC while our Leaders are booting onliners from it.....

Keep that in your achievement consideration for the next IFBC Team.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37698

rankings already feel like a hand full of participation prizes if you ask me.
there is a ranking for crafting....why?

DeletedUser26820

there is a ranking for crafting....why?

For several good reasons.
One, for example, is that if my town's Field Cook is on vacation mode and I need something from a FC, I can use that rankings tab to quickly find one that can craft up what I need.

asdf124

For several good reasons.
One, for example, is that if my town's Field Cook is on vacation mode and I need something from a FC, I can use that rankings tab to quickly find one that can craft up what I need.
Which makes achievement ranks unnecessary as it doesn't help anyone but those who wanna brag about it.....

The only thing that it would do is provide those "overachievers" with some kind of "competition".

Applauds Deiben for his stalking experience.

DeletedUser33353

Oh I don't know asdf.....it would be nice to recognize the peeps that chase after the achievements.
As far as competition? A lot of the old ones are no longer available, so not sure about that aspect.

asdf124

Oh I don't know asdf.....it would be nice to recognize the peeps that chase after the achievements.
As far as competition? A lot of the old ones are no longer available, so not sure about that aspect.
Didn't know you were such an attention seeker.....

Recognition of achievements might have the ranking changed so it is more fair than a bland "achievement points" only. *Cough* experience/duel ranking *cough*.

Duel ranking for newer worlds should be changed to average experience per duel as a priority.