account sitting

DeletedUser

Account sitting is in the game called Tribal Wars and what is it like me give you a example:
A player is going away for a week he/she ask someone from his triba/town to play his/hers game.They would get the other players password needed to log on to the persons account.You see in Tribal Wars every plater can see If another player has gone yellow or red and can decide if they want to attack (it's the best time to attack I use to).By logging on to someone accounts you just put the next job assignment in the town hall and it will look like the player is still there.
I thought myself this would be a good idea in this game but I am not sure.

DeletedUser5046

Account sitting is in the game called Tribal Wars and what is it like me give you a example:
A player is going away for a week he/she ask someone from his triba/town to play his/hers game.They would get the other players password needed to log on to the persons account.You see in Tribal Wars every plater can see If another player has gone yellow or red and can decide if they want to attack (it's the best time to attack I use to).By logging on to someone accounts you just put the next job assignment in the town hall and it will look like the player is still there.
I thought myself this would be a good idea in this game but I am not sure.

i know that cuz ive been in TW and had been sitted for a whole week...

the fact that tis game involves only one character per world means it doesnt have to be sitted anymore...unlike in TW where you have to take care of a whole town...not to mention your army and stuffs

DeletedUser

Wrong. Account sitting in Tribal Wars is like this:

A player who's about to leave the game temporarily will set another player for him to "sit" (play) his account. He doesn't need to give his password and/or username to play his account, you just have to set him and if the other player accepts the account sitting invitation, he can access your account on the account sitting tab without him knowing your password.

It is a good idea to have account sittings here on The West since it'd be hard if you're going away for a month and doesn't have internet access since I believe that if you haven't played for 29 days (or something, not sure, just kinda new here. 2 weeks for Tribal Wars), your account will be deleted.

DeletedUser5046

I believe that if you haven't played for 29 days (or something, not sure, just kinda new here. 2 weeks for Tribal Wars), your account will be deleted.

i dunno if that was implemented already..i think i should ask gem^^

and yeah if you are sitted via other clan members you dun need to give PW but if your wit a buddy...you may^^

DeletedUser

Yeah, but if your giving out your password, that doesn't really mean "account sit", since he'll be personally logging in your account. Not that it matters, but what if you don't have any buddies? c:

DeletedUser5046

then thats when you need account sitting...

back on topic i dun think it will be implemented

*i will be raidin mah ST to find that ol' topic...*

DeletedUser

i know that cuz ive been in TW and had been sitted for a whole week...

the fact that tis game involves only one character per world means it doesnt have to be sitted anymore...unlike in TW where you have to take care of a whole town...not to mention your army and stuffs

Btw, you don't take care of a whole town, just your villages (not that it matters but just a correction). c:

I forgot this is the official forum, I always have fun spamming on our town forums. Lol.

Soo, I guess if the 29 day limit or something isn't implemented yet, then there won't be much trouble with that, but just in case that it is/was implemented, it's a good idea to have account sittings.

DeletedUser

I don't see how you need account sitting in this game. If you are going to be gone for a few days then you can just leave your current town until you come back. The good news is you can't be attacked. Bad news is your character doesn't progress. But do you really want someone sitting your account for a couple of weeks and deciding where your skill and attribute points should go?

If someone is worried about being away so long that their account will be deleted they could implement a vacation mode. Vacation mode could last from 3 days to say 3 or 6 months. As long as you log in within that time period your account is guaranteed to be there. I think you would also have to not be a member of a town for vacation mode to be set. Hardly fair to a town to hold a spot for you for 6 months when you won't be active.