Resolved About Work Motivation

DeletedUser

If Work Motivation has dwindled to zero, does it build up to 100% again after a while?

DeletedUser

Yes, it will. I generally suggest that you do not work on a job, unless the motivation is at least 94%.

DeletedUser

For those of you that didn't find it on your own, it goes back up by 10% per 24 hours and it's continuous, i.e. that's 1% per 2.4 hours or 1 / 2.4 = 0.41667% per hour and it doesn't matter what you're doing, including that job, the rate is still constant.

DeletedUser

For those of you that didn't find it on your own, it goes back up by 10% per 24 hours and it's continuous, i.e. that's 1% per 2.4 hours or 1 / 2.4 = 0.41667% per hour and it doesn't matter what you're doing, including that job, the rate is still constant.

Is that right?
OR
Is this right? (from the wiki)

Motivation does not replenish itself with time like health points and energy points. At 5AM the motivation for all jobs is restored to 100%.

Slygoxx

Elmyr's information is the old way (back in 2010) it is currently indeed restored to 100% at 3 AM server time.

DeletedUser

I wanted to DELIBERATELY get my Motivation down to 0% when I was Constructing, so I could get the Achievement. MAN, it was HARD!!! Every time I used an energy-boost, my Motivation went UP! When I tried SLEEPING to regain energy, my Motivation had increased some while I was ASLEEP! Got there eventually though. Glad I don't have to do THAT again. And - for the record - thankfully, it did NOT restore to 100% at 5AM. (Not for Construction anyway.) If it HAD, I NEVER would have gotten the Achievement. :sombrero:

DeletedUser22685

There are plenty of energy buffs that don't affect motivation. Also, motivation increases slower than energy - especially when sleeping - so it's quite easy to reach 0 motivation in construction without burning through any buffs if you're willing to wait a little longer.