Resolved About How long did it take you to get your 3rd Key of GG

DeletedUser

Im no where near set up to be able to get key 3 yet but I got key 2 in a present in a couple worlds. Is key 1 a random drop as well or do you get it in a quest? I can't find an answer anywhere.

Key 1 = The art thief
Key 2 = The raid

Noobmic

I play on 2 worlds (adventurer):
- for Beta it took 2 hours after full reskill to Dexterity/FMS (without premium and I was at level 99 ... don't remember how many LP).
- for W2
-> I spent something like 120 hours (with premium on everything, don't remember how many LP, I remember that I had as item value between $2100 - $7150, for max value I'm sure that it was between $7100 and $7150);
-> then I made a complete reskill (with premium on everything, 610 FMS with Holiday set and the rest of items best at FMS, 1215 LP), I did first 5 minutes then one hour and I got it.

DeletedUser22685

Im no where near set up to be able to get key 3 yet but I got key 2 in a present in a couple worlds. Is key 1 a random drop as well or do you get it in a quest? I can't find an answer anywhere.

It's a reward in The art thief quest like Elmyr said, but it can also drop from presents and boxes similar to how you got key 2.

DeletedUser32836

DeletedUser

Key 1 is also available from a box now too (I just got one from a Christmas elf bribe - - - pretty useless since it's part of the art thief quest line and you can't screw it up like you can with The Raid).

Key 3 - Got 13 of them so far (10 GG's and sold 1, working on GG in 2 others and still searching for the Key 3 in W1, W3, W15 and Beta). When I get them quickly, I'm very thankful ... sometimes they take FOR-EV-ER!!! (W11 for me took nearly 3 months, and I used premium from Feb 21st to May 8th ... I forget and let it lapse on May 9th while I had 3 hours of the Traveling Merchant queued up and when I went to start doing the job again I found I had the key - - - I had gotten it just a few hours after my premium expired ... sometimes this game makes you wonder if the world really is out to get you!). My best guess is that W11 took somewhere around 650-700 hours, but I have gotten in in the first and third hour on other worlds too, so if you do enough of them it evens out.

The lowest I've seen anyone get the Key3 is 707LP for a full premium adventurer doing Grave Robbing (Seems that the LP for the Traveling Merchant needs to be significantly higher than via Grave Robbing because it's slightly lower in the luck percentage and since the Traveling Merchant job requires more LP anyway this is considered by most to be the more difficult way to go - - - but as a trade off there are better jobs for XP and cash along the Traveling Merchant method than there are via the Grave Robber method IMO).

Personally, my own lowest LP on Grave Robbing was 721. Grave Robbing seems to give you a shot at Key 3 in the mid to upper 70th levels while it seems to take at least 90th level to do the same via the Traveling Merchant (I'd be interested to know if anyone has gotten it at a lower level, that's just my own experience).

Does praying have anything to do with getting the key? Who knows! Some worlds I haven't prayed much and gotten it and others I've just prayed like crazy out of frustration hoping to stumble upon some secret combination of praying and digging/trading that works (I was actually thinking to myself at one point that the sadistic developers might have put in something like the praying had to be even divisible by 7 before you had a chance at getting the key - - - the mind will come up with countless excuses to explain away "bad luck").

A "hypothesis" was given to me once by a player who believed that wearing luck items from the holiday set also worked to lower the required LP to get the key (basically that increased luck percentage translates to increased value for the lucky drops). I don't know if this is true or not, just another rumor to pass along.

DeletedUser25277

OK I have the 3rd Key, eventually, now I've equiped it and fire fighting. Is this next part as random as the grave robbing? I've tried 100% motivation and now running it to 20% but the paperwork still eludes me!! Do I need to be patient further or does my labour points need to be higher?

DeletedUser

OK I have the 3rd Key, eventually, now I've equiped it and fire fighting. Is this next part as random as the grave robbing? I've tried 100% motivation and now running it to 20% but the paperwork still eludes me!! Do I need to be patient further or does my labour points need to be higher?

You don't need the third key equipped. Some say you CAN'T have it equipped, but I've never tested it.

DeletedUser32304

Okay, I did't underastand how much FMS you need to get 7500 luck ?
Grave robber luck 7500 = ? FMS points (total points atribute + skill + bonuses + everything)

DeletedUser2708

Basically, just max out on DEX/FMS, and remember that the key drops at the same rate whether or not you're on premium (it's just valued higher on premium, or lower without, depending on how you look at it). If you want a more exact figure, search the other couple of threads on the subject and you'll find it.

DeletedUser

I have +1002 lp on Grave Robber. I have done that job over 130 times and still no key. In fact, I get very few drops, maybe 1 out of 5. The highest any drop has been valued has been about $5800. What am I doing wrong????

DeletedUser

Nothing, have patience and keep at it. It took me a long time too. Just keep motivation up and keep doing the job.

DeletedUser

Just to confirm then :p

If I run my mouse over the Grave Robber icon on the map it shows a difficulty of 266 and LP as 344.

By my reckoning, that SHOULD mean that my total LP going towards this job is 610. Yes?

Thus, I SHOULD fatten up a bit more to around 710 LP before I have any chance of finding the third key?

Cheers!

DeletedUser

If I run my mouse over the Grave Robber icon on the map it shows a difficulty of 266 and LP as 344.

By my reckoning, that SHOULD mean that my total LP going towards this job is 610. Yes?

Thus, I SHOULD fatten up a bit more to around 710 LP before I have any chance of finding the third key?

[Six] third keys and I've never worried about LP. I go pure FMS (or trading) and look at the luck value, not the LP. Instead of just mousing over it, maybe you should click it and do the same... But no, 344 LP is not nearly enough. That's only $4151 luck without premium or $6226 with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spaceydk

I got it on one world with 7231 luck drop so the reports of 7200 (4800) being enough seems right.
I have done 4 worlds:
1st 400+ hours TM then changed to GR and got it within 50 hours
2nd 1st hour GR
3rd about 30 hours GR
4th 300-400 hours TM

Want it quick do TR have plenty of time do TM have a lot of nice value drops and drop items like Gold dust, hammers or roses for your crafting/quests.

DeletedUser

I haven't kept track on all my worlds, but the Beta world and W11 were by far the longest for me (W11 I stopped counting when I hit 740 hours figuring it was pretty bad if my hours spent exceeded the LP on the job, that one was done via the Working as a Traveling Merchant), but on W15 I was in absolute paradise, I queued up two hours and when I came back I found that I had gotten it in the very first hour.

I now have found 18 Key 3's (Beta, all 15 .net worlds and 2 in W3 and W11).

In some of the worlds, I kept track but in others I did not. In Beta, I got the Key 3 and kept working for between 2 and 5 additional weeks before noticing that I had it (DOH!)

Grave Robbing is easier to get the key (because you can get it at a lower level) but I think the jobs via Working as a Traveling Merchant are a whole lot better if you decide to go for it later in your characters development (low to mid 70's for Grave Robbing and low 90th level for the Merchant path ... roughly). Of those 18 keys, one was lost on vacation (character took a three hour tour on the S.S. Minnow and W11 was sold, also had a 3rd W11 key that I passed on from a character in our alliance that was quitting but I don't count that key as "mine" because I never used it), 13 are now GG's. I'll try to scrounge through my profiles and see how many worlds I can add that data about the length of time but I know for certain that I do not have it for all the worlds in which I play.

As far as the 7200 being the lowest, it may even be lower than that as someone did the math on using the luck from the holiday set to boost their chances and came up with the plausible idea that an increased amount of luck decreased the LP/Luck needed for the item to actually drop. Many people use at least 2 of the luck items in the fireworks and Thanksgiving boots to give them the boost. Also, premium is not necessary and in all my worlds I've gotten the Key 3 without the premium (although I did use the premium in W11 for 2 1/2 months beginning before February 21st and the key dropped on the day my premium accidentally expired on May 9th, no - I'm not kidding - - - used premium for 2 1/2 months and as soon as the premium expires it drops ... let's just say I was using colorful language and leave it at that).

Last edited by a moderator: