Resolved About How long did it take you to get your 3rd Key of GG

DeletedUser8312

I'm just curious as to how long it took some of you to get the 3rd key of the GOlden Gun quest

I currently am trying to smoke (Cigs) and Eat candy (Licorice) my way with Grave Robber to finding it.

Going on 1 week now.

Actually finding very few items period with GR, which is sad because I have premium luck going on too

DeletedUser

w11 58 hours grave robber
w4 31 hours grave robber
w2 144 hours grave robber
w12 130 hours work as traveling merchant
w9 460 hours work as traveling merchant, 1 hour grave robber

DeletedUser8312

Holy Moly haha alright, I definitely have some work ahead of me then

DeletedUser

I think it took me a few (like 3 or so) weeks, but I was only working a few hours a day (my time morning and night), when I know is my lucky time. I didn't pay close attention like Elmyr did and didn't count my hours, but sure were plenty enough.

DeletedUser8312

w11 58 hours grave robber
w4 31 hours grave robber
w2 144 hours grave robber
w12 130 hours work as traveling merchant
w9 460 hours work as traveling merchant, 1 hour grave robber

How low would you let your Motivation get before raising it?

I haven't let it drop below 85 but if someone believes going lower wont be harmful I will

DeletedUser

It's a matter of personal preference. lower motivation means lower chance, but that chance is already low to begin with, so it's up to you.

DeletedUser

I didn't go lower than 80, but is not hard to maintain if you don't work on the same job 24/7 :)

delldell56

it's pretty random. i play with someone who got it in 3 hours, another one who spent 144 hours (low/medium/high motivation throughout). average is 9 hours to 1 week with high motivation.

one of my friends in game has managed to get it twice in less than a day (counting from the first hour of grave robber to opening the chest, worlds 11 and 12).

DeletedUser8312

I am currently on 23 hours with Job Motivation above 80% the entire time.

I also rock the Luck Premium

Someone in game sent this to me,

The highest value item in ur drops are around $6K, the 3rd Key is $7,500, u will need matching luck and drop value to get it :S

Is this true? Do I need a high enough skill level to get certain drops?

If so, how many + Labor Points should I have for Grave Robber

I'm currently at +286 Labor Points

Last edited by a moderator:

Slygoxx

Well, yeah, you'll need to match or get close to the purchase price of the item you want to find to be able to find it.

DeletedUser8312

Well, yeah, you'll need to match or get close to the purchase price of the item you want to find to be able to find it.

Okay... So do you know how many extra Labor Points that is on Grave Robber?

DeletedUser

How low would you let your Motivation get before raising it?

I haven't let it drop below 85 but if someone believes going lower wont be harmful I will

On w2 I mostly kept it to 100%, using cigs at 94%. On other worlds I never wasted any, using cigs below 93% or liquorice below 85%. Overnight or afk it would drop lower.

Okay... So do you know how many extra Labor Points that is on Grave Robber?

I've never done it without going 100% pure FMS or trading. People worry too much about EXACTLY how much LP they need.

DeletedUser2708

I've never done it without going 100% pure FMS or trading. People worry too much about EXACTLY how much LP they need.

I'm always hearing about the 100% pure FMS grave robber, but this is the first I think I've heard of a pure FMS trader, or am I misreading that? Do you perhaps just mean traveling merchant?

DeletedUser

You misread. He said: pure FMS or trading. Meaning: he never did it without putting all skill points in fms for grave robbing OR all skill points in trading for traveling merchant, depending on the job of choice.

DeletedUser2708

And in that case, I'm wondering what the differences are, if any, between pure FMS for grave robber and pure trader for traveling merchant, as far as GG goes. :)

DeletedUser32836

i have one question about third key.
Do i need first get 1st and 2nd keys before i start to search 3rd key? Or i can find 3rd key even if i do not have 1st and 2nd keys?

will wait the answer.

DeletedUser

i have one question about third key.
Do i need first get 1st and 2nd keys before i start to search 3rd key? Or i can find 3rd key even if i do not have 1st and 2nd keys?

will wait the answer.
You can find it even you don't have the first 2 keys. :)

DeletedUser

Im no where near set up to be able to get key 3 yet but I got key 2 in a present in a couple worlds. Is key 1 a random drop as well or do you get it in a quest? I can't find an answer anywhere.