Ability to reset Crafting

just to see if people agree

• yes

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser15099

I looked through proposed ideas, and passed ideas, and saw pretty good crafting ideas (such as being able to select a secondary crafting mastery). My idea is simpler. just add a potion, such as "potion of new beginning", maybe make it cost 1000-1500 bonds/nuggets, and it will allow you to choose a different craft mastery. it will reset the crafting level, but allow to choose something else. Personally, i didnt look through crafting acheivements, and didn't notice that i have to craft a certain amount of green difficulty items, now i'm level 623, and there is no way i can complete that acheivement. if we are able to reskill, why not be able to change the profession?

I dont see any workarounds, i dont see any abuses/cheats this can cause.

DeletedUser33353

I looked through proposed ideas, and passed ideas, and saw pretty good crafting ideas (such as being able to select a secondary crafting mastery). My idea is simpler. just add a potion, such as "potion of new beginning", maybe make it cost 1000-1500 bonds/nuggets, and it will allow you to choose a different craft mastery. it will reset the crafting level, but allow to choose something else. Personally, i didnt look through crafting acheivements, and didn't notice that i have to craft a certain amount of green difficulty items, now i'm level 623, and there is no way i can complete that acheivement. if we are able to reskill, why not be able to change the profession?

I dont see any workarounds, i dont see any abuses/cheats this can cause.

This has been proposed more than once, with favorable reviews. In fact it has been forwarded to the devs. As always, it is up to to them to go further with it.

DeletedUser26820

No offense to gamesta2 for this proposal, but what's wrong with being held accountable for an initial crafting guild selection, fulfilling those guild requirements, and then being held to that guild?

Why would a toon that has risen to level 600+ in a crafting guild just want to potion of a new beginning and forsake that away and select another?

If there's any energies, efforts, and input given to the devs, please let it be that once a toon reaches level 700 in their guild, they can choose a second guild to pursue.
If you missed out on achievements on the first one, you now have the chance to accomplish them with your second guild.
No change to current achievement requirements. Catch them the first guild, but if not, you have another chance to catch them if you get to a second guild.
And if you get to level 700 in your secondary guild, by all means, select a third guild and get after it.

C'mon, Kidd... this is holding us back....

DeletedUser15099

No offense to gamesta2 for this proposal, but what's wrong with being held accountable for an initial crafting guild selection, fulfilling those guild requirements, and then being held to that guild?

Why would a toon that has risen to level 600+ in a crafting guild just want to potion of a new beginning and forsake that away and select another?

If there's any energies, efforts, and input given to the devs, please let it be that once a toon reaches level 700 in their guild, they can choose a second guild to pursue.
If you missed out on achievements on the first one, you now have the chance to accomplish them with your second guild.
No change to current achievement requirements. Catch them the first guild, but if not, you have another chance to catch them if you get to a second guild.
And if you get to level 700 in your secondary guild, by all means, select a third guild and get after it.

C'mon, Kidd... this is holding us back....

apply the logic of reskilling. if you skill initially as a pure leadership fort fighter, and later decide to be a dueller, what, you will just start putting SP into aim as you keep leveling? and be a dueller with 600 leadership? no, you will take them off of leadership and reskill. seems like you are holding yourself back.. willing to do same thing 4 times over, when the devs already made the option to change your choices in SOME parts, it would be nice if they extend that luxury into crafting.

DeletedUser35533

No to resets, Yes to mastering all crafts. I see no problem, it was made to be a time/product/money sink so let people sink more of it. also I would have to be insane to reset craft after how much effort it took to get to 672 points. I would not want such potion of new beginning even for free. as for your problem of being stuck on 623, there is a way to complete that achievement, it just costs a lot more than it would have at the start.

because a lot has changed from when it was first introduced, same with classes.

willing to do same thing 4 times over.
well if we had that there would not be a scramble everytime people needs to craft things for a new quest. Im sorry but I sense that your proposal comes more from being stuck with an achievement than any wish to improve the game.

DeletedUser35277

Reset? Lose my entire abilities to do all my master saddler crafts? Are you
serious? Big fat NO. Don't want to start one of the same that has been in
the game for years either. I proposed 4 entirely different new crafts for those
who had topped off their first one, but nothing ever came of it.

DeletedUser26820

apply the logic of reskilling. if you skill initially as a pure leadership fort fighter, and later decide to be a dueller, what, you will just start putting SP into aim as you keep leveling? and be a dueller with 600 leadership? no, you will take them off of leadership and reskill. seems like you are holding yourself back.. willing to do same thing 4 times over, when the devs already made the option to change your choices in SOME parts, it would be nice if they extend that luxury into crafting.

If you want to apply logic, I vote NO to your proposal. Logic applied.

And yes, sir, when it comes to the crafting dynamic and crafting opportunities, I would LOVE to have the opportunity to do same thing 4 times over.
It would be a rewarding challenge that wouldn't be easy. But it actually wouldn't be doing the same thing 4 times over.
Doing the same thing 4 times over would be going from 0-700 four different times as a Black Smith with no additional benefits achieved each time.
Instead, being able to learn a secondary craft when reaching level 700 in your primary craft is not doing the same thing again. It's doing something similar with additional benefits being acquired each time you level up in your secondary guild.
Different recipes required + Different resources required to level up as a crafter does not equate to doing the same thing twice, three times, or even 4 times over.

Reskilling of SP's and AP's are a completely different beast than a crafting level. Attempting to apply the same logic is.... illogical.

Applying your logic, you're saying that if I'm a level 600 Blacksmith crafter today, there should be a Shaman or potion so I can be a level 600 Tonic Peddler crafter tomorrow.
NO to that, but that's just me.

Applying your logic, you're saying that if I'm a level 134 Soldier class toon today, there should be a Shaman or potion so I can be a level 134 Builder class toon tomorrow.

The ability to change in every dynamic, willy nilly as desired, is not a logical proposition.

If you don't like your crafting guild, keep pushing here in forum that when you reach level 700 in that guild, you have the opportunity to start a second guild while retaining the full benefits and status of your primary guild.

Being held back,

DeletedUser15099

Applying your logic, you're saying that if I'm a level 600 Blacksmith crafter today, there should be a Shaman or potion so I can be a level 600 Tonic Peddler crafter tomorrow.

Applying your logic, you're saying that if I'm a level 134 Soldier class toon today, there should be a Shaman or potion so I can be a level 134 Builder class toon tomorrow.

The ability to change in every dynamic, willy nilly as desired, is not a logical proposition.

If you don't like your crafting guild, keep pushing here in forum that when you reach level 700 in that guild, you have the opportunity to start a second guild while retaining the full benefits and status of your primary guild.

Being held back,

that is not what i said.

1. in 1 day you CAN transition from a pure builder to a pure leadership fort fighter, it is called reskilling, and that is what i used as an example, not changing classes.

2. my proposition was not to go from level 600 blacksmith to 600 peddler, that would still make it impossible for me to complete the achievement of crafting 250 green difficulty recipes. I proposed a complete reset. Its not supposed to be an advantage, but merely a chance for people like me who screwed up to do it over. (your proposition would work too, but as i wrote in my OP, it would be much easier to just create a reset potion when looking from perspective of devs).

seems like your intelligence is holding you back mate.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34781

i would love to be able change crafting type. start over and go again. i think players think he meant swap 600 etc and keep it. nah thats not it. reset it and pick another and go again. bit of fun!

DeletedUser35533

that is not what i said.

1. in 1 day you CAN transition from a pure builder to a pure leadership fort fighter, it is called reskilling, and that is what i used as an example, not changing classes.

2. my proposition was not to go from level 600 blacksmith to 600 peddler, that would still make it impossible for me to complete the achievement of crafting 250 green difficulty recipes. I proposed a complete reset. Its not supposed to be an advantage, but merely a chance for people like me who screwed up to do it over. (your proposition would work too, but as i wrote in my OP, it would be much easier to just create a reset potion when looking from perspective of devs).

seems like your intelligence is holding you back mate.
it would be cheaper and easier to just buy 650 recipe and craft till you get the green achievement

i would love to be able change crafting type. start over and go again. i think players think he meant swap 600 etc and keep it. nah thats not it. reset it and pick another and go again. bit of fun!
crafting is the least fun part of the game

MFRavenhawk

crafting is the least fun part of the game

Tell that to the folks I adventure with :p

To the topic of changing crafts, though...I like the idea of being able to start a second craft, be it one of the original four, or completely new ones as Kate suggested. Both ideas went forward to the devs, but its up to Inno if they will ever be implemented in some form.

As for using a potion to revert to a different craft, I would say that your craft is as intrinsic to your character as your class is. You cannot switch from being a soldier to a builder (though it has also been previously suggested and passed that one can take on a secondary class after a certain level. But alas, nothing has come of that either). Adding to what you already have or have learned is part of life...and should be part of the game.

Reskilling to improve certain aspects in order to play them for a while is one thing, you still retain the main benefits of your class. You cannot do that for crafting if you trade one craft for a second....that means you are 'forgetting' everything that you learned...and unless one has an in-game form of amnesia or dementia, that just isn't going to happen.