A World without 2.0

DeletedUser25892

So, has anyone thought up or talked about having a new single world without 2.0? Is this possible? Would players enjoy this?

MM2099

DeletedUser

It was mentioned in the 2.0 discussion, and I'd really like that to happen, from what players are saying, 2.0 on the beta servers is terrible.

DeletedUser3230

I wouldn't say it's terrible, it takes some getting used to but you will quick enough.

And on the idea of a 1.36 or whatever world, it might be possible if someone gets 500k friendship points and has that option for their own server.

DeletedUser

They've always said they can't or won't run two different versions of the game.

DeletedUser34781

i suggested it in another thread.. i like maybe idea of leaving one world not updated for few months when v 2.0 comes officially so we can migrate to it. i'm on the beta and i cannot get used to it..no flow in play so if we could have 1.35 for a while longer be great :)

DeletedUser

It was mentioned in the 2.0 discussion, and I'd really like that to happen, from what players are saying, 2.0 on the beta servers is terrible.

It is.
My character just sits there doing nothing. I check once in a while to see if they fix things but it has been a disaster.
The game is unplayable now. I'm really not sure what Inno were thinking of.
The worst part is that we go on Beta to test it and then they ignore our feedback! That's disappointing.

DeletedUser16008

It is.
My character just sits there doing nothing. I check once in a while to see if they fix things but it has been a disaster.
The game is unplayable now.

Which reminds me, i must log in sometime to beta and really try to bother getting to lvl 12, i should have walked the 1 hr required to do the next 3 min job by now:rolleyes:

A whole game without V2 would be just fine by me, the cool things are so far outweighed by the bad the scales are firmly weighted on the dump the whole update. IF they are smart.

If they push it through they are going to seriously regret it imo.

No they wont give us two versions at the same time mores the pity, that would be far too compromising and probably show up their V2 as a failed project. They wont do that to themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

Which reminds me, i must log in sometime to beta and really try to bother getting to lvl 12, i should have walked the 1 hr required to do the next 3 min job :rolleyes:

A whole game without V2 would be just fine by me, the cool things are so far outweighed by the bad the scales are firmly weighted on the dump the whole update. IF they are smart.

If they push it through they are going to seriously regret it imo.

No they wont give us two versions at the same time mores the pity, that would be far too compromising and probably show up their V2 as a failed project. They wont do that to themselves.

I don't think they really need to scrap the entire update. It wouldn't bother me if they kept the new design, just leave everything else as it is now. You're right that they probably won't do that though, it would be too embarrassing.

DeletedUser

Like they'll listen to the player feedback, I predict that within at least a few weeks of 2.0 being rolled out on all the worlds all us forum vets will have stopped playing.

DeletedUser33631

well I'm going to be gutted as I have really got into this game and enjoy alot of different things it has to offer it took me a while to find my way within the game and I have a feeling that once this 2.0 version comes out if it really is that bad I may find myself lost to the game even though I am a premium user and invest alot.

DeletedUser

I haven't played beta but from what my town mates are telling me who have we are all going to be very dissapointed, it really sounds a pile of crap, RIP The West....

DeletedUser18500

I would LOVE a new classic world

Them changing all the older versions to the 2.0 is a CRIME! Gimme a Classic version back Please!!!

DeletedUser

I haven't played beta but from what my town mates are telling me who have we are all going to be very dissapointed, it really sounds a pile of crap, RIP The West....

I feel bad agreeing with you, because some hardworking developers clearly put a lot of time into it, and any time changes are made to a game like this people reflexively complain about the differences... but yeah, there are just a lot of terrible design decisions here.

I've been playing this game for... wow, three and a half years now. Like, since before we had forts, so I've seen it change a fair bit. And this update is just a stinker all around. I'm trying to give it a week before passing judgement, but the job time thing is annoying, the UI is extremely awkward, the new map is confusing and ugly... I'm pretty sure I'm going to delete my characters after the week is up.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game is a ghost town a month from now. And the heck of it is, even if people start leaving in droves, Inno's put too much work into 2.0 to back it out. so they'll just have to watch it burn.

It's like the Star Wars: Galaxies "combat upgrade" all over again. :hmf:

DeletedUser

Still applies:

They've always said they can't or won't run two different versions of the game.

They can't actively maintain two different versions. Even without content updates (which would make it hard for me to enjoy) they would still need to update periodically with bug fixes and other minor updates, which just isn't feasible. The only way I could see it working is if it were pay to play, but 2.0 seems to be worse for non-premium than premium players, so a Classic world wouldn't be an option for them.

I feel bad agreeing with you, because some hardworking developers clearly put a lot of time into it, and any time changes are made to a game like this people reflexively complain about the differences... but yeah, there are just a lot of terrible design decisions here.

Definitely. It looks great and it seems like an amazing technical achievement to make a game that looks a lot like a Flash or client based graphical MMO with just HTML, Javascript, and CSS. I think I'll get used to the gameplay changes, but I don't think I'll ever come to prefer them.

DeletedUser

they won;'t do this simple reason, no one would play v.2 almost and that 1 v.1 world would be overcrowded with active folks

DeletedUser

Absolutely :D
When you've spent a lot of money on a big overhaul like this, you pretty much need to either make it work or ride it into the ground and blame the disaster on something else. Reversing course or any similar admission of failure is career suicide.

DeletedUser

I do not know why everybody hates 2.0 . I like it I have plenty of time now
(Finally I have deleted all my remaining accounts :) )

DeletedUser33353

LOL..love the irony. Too bad it will not be passed on though.

DeletedUser

2.0 is also a killer for multiple accounts i just stick dakota for jobbing its just costs to much time to do that on all worlds