A whole world for Fort Fighters

• Thread starter DeletedUser15368
  • Start date

DeletedUser15368

Idea title: Re-purpose World Horseball Cup (en18) to a Game Master fort battle world.

Details of idea: Other servers like .de have event worlds within their server which they use for PvP fort battles (and to practice for the IFBC, a distinct and significant advantage over the en community). I think a dedicated fort world consisting of players fully or partially developed real gaming worlds' characters would be a fairly good solution to our systemic server wide problems with terrible battles caused by our thinly spread playerbase. How are we to compete in a world championship if we've never worked together before against players who are practising their tactics as you read.

My idea starts similarly to how events have been setup in the past, every interested fort fighter sends a ticket from the character they wish to be cloned into the fort world (one character per player), we get our full inventories etc. Set all the forts to maximum build level then give us 3 days of peacetime and a couple of reskill potions, let us build towns and communities up, and then we start the fighting. These can be GM battles with additional prizes, or player-lead just for fun.

We may need a solution for inventory drift from the parent character and the clone if this world is to run for longer than the period of a tombola, but there's a few ways i can think of to get around that, ask if you care and can't figure something out, or even just leaving it as is, so we have to participate in the gambling events so you can cash in on us enjoying the game again,. Please just keep things relatively balanced and get the UO set nerfed or removed from this world. Too strong for IFBC, it should be too strong for our own fort world too. This set, as you all know, directly lead to a mass Exodus of experienced fort fighters that we may never recover from, and has left me begging you to open an artificial PvP world just to actually have some fun PvP again. At least until the next 200 IQ unilateral decision from people at Inno who neither play the game nor understand the mechanics of it, that has a massive detrimental effect on us Fort Fighters.

We need to get a world with a higher population and concentration of active fort fighters and fort battle leaders. Not just for IFBC preperation but for the bloody future of this server. If done correctly, it would make the staff's lives much quieter as i feel most of the communities' complaints could be addressed this way.

Reasons for submitting: PvP is on its last legs on the 2 or 3 fort worlds and completely dead everywhere else. InnoGames clearly don't want to let us migrate or close old, dead worlds, so this would be a best-of-both worlds solution, we get a dedicated fort fighting world that we can take our characters that we've dedicated years of work to, yet the old worlds no one wants anymore can stay open for whatever illogical reason you can come up with, it wouldn't matter anymore because we aren't trapping developed characters in a dead world prison.

This shouldn't require any actual development or input from the LCM short of maybe changing the world name and bringing the world out of Maintenance, but I don't even think we need her for that, we have all the tools and technology to do this our god damn selves if the CoMa is on board. There's also a precedent set by other language versions that are run by West players that we are falling well behind on... So let's try to revive our terrible, decrepit, thinly-spread little server and get some legitimate and meaningful time together before the world championships, even if it's not using my idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

Apart from sucky IgnoGames management and OP Nugget sets bs, I'm sick of incompetent toxic noobs destroying the game for everyone just because some people still cares about having proper stuff and they want chaos (or something I still couldn't figure) instead.

So yea, maybe some "Moderated" FF only server..

I highly doubt it will happen but. Shots not fired, shoots always missed.. so..

DeletedUser15368

In a world dedicated to quality battles, there can literally be no excuse for low quality, off-time, wrong sized fights or multi battles. Another community complaint solved. Those who wish to play like brain-dead morons can continue to do so on the dead legacy worlds of their own making.

Give me more complaints and i'll tell you how we can easily fix them with minimum effort just by opening this world, tweaking the settings, and having it be run by actual mature player-leaders in the community and the moderation team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nisa

Idea title: Re-purpose World Horseball Cup (en18) to a Game Master fort battle world.

Details of idea: Other servers like .de have event worlds within their server which they use for PvP fort battles (and to practice for the IFBC, a distinct and significant advantage over the en community).

As you said already in Idea title we also have such world and renaming that world takes 2 seconds literally. Thing is, it is dead , no new events organized.
Personally ,my motivation is kinda low atm to organize new event, partly cause of players, doomed if you do something, doomed if you dont. partly cause of game situation. But as I already said in another thread , new idea ? good , let's do it !! and I'm happy if players are showing interest. We will organize it !

DeletedUser15368

You'd know much better than me if there's enough interest, with the championship signup. I'm basically guessing and hoping.

Thanks for considering it, you're not the only one with close to zero motivation lol

Deleted User - 4122905

This is a wonderful idea. Honestly, if this was done, there are at least 50 people in Houston (maybe more) who would 100% come and play there. Some would even quit Houston and play only there.

RaiderTr

Honestly, nothing really interests me other than FFs in this game. Apart from the good ol' chitchat that is.

And seeing stupidity like 4 Am Big Fort digs while we barely fill Smalls on "Prime" time.. is just killing it..

DeletedUser33353

A nice idea. What is in it for inno?
Otherwise, just another rabbit hole idea....as most are here :-(

DeletedUser33353

Not seeing it, but hope it works for y'all. Perhaps followed by a world full of duelers, then questers, etc.

Harsha..

Sounds good to me.

Not seeing it, but hope it works for y'all. Perhaps followed by a world full of duelers, then questers, etc.

FFs are an unique aspect of the game that needs specific conditions to operate, you need people to dig, people to show up, even sides for it to work. You'll notice that in Arizona, we were unable to meet these conditions and FFing died out. But dueling didn't die out - you can just wear your set and go and clobber someone. And questing? - most veteran players have done them all and the other half don't care :p