A new world?

DeletedUser

Hey everyone,

I know 2.0 is still in beta phase so I won't get too far ahead of things here, but is there a new world planned for release after the other worlds are updated with 2.0? It's been over a year since the release of Colorado now and I'm (along with many others I'm sure) ready for a new world :)

Thanks, and I think all the work that the devs have been putting in for 2.0 and whatnot has been great.

Regards,
ZHB

DeletedUser

If a new world isn't going to be released on .net in the next 3 months, will any other servers get a new world?

DeletedUser25892

If a new world isn't going to be released on .net in the next 3 months, will any other servers get a new world?

I think a migration happened recently to cut down the amount of worlds...I am not speaking for Inno, but I am sure they probably want to wait to see how the existing worlds last before creating a whole new world.

MM2099

DeletedUser

Gotta go with MM. I'd rather have a new world to migrate one last char too, and that probably wouldn't make you or anyone else hoping for a new world happy if it was full of 120s from the start.

DeletedUser

Well to be honest I am happy with playing on just the one world: Colorado, however I am level 73 after playing for a few months and the amount of level 120s is a little off putting.

I'm just putting myself in the shoes of a new player. If a new world is not created at least once a year, then the game is likely not to grow. Plus, I love the fun of the first few months of a new world, which unfortunately I have never been able to fully enjoy since I had to take a break from TW a mere week after Colorado was first released (but that's my bad).

Thus I think that straight after world migration has been completed and version 2.0 is running smoothly, a new world should be created - not just for the benefit of new players but also for more experienced players since the chaos of a new world is the best part of this game, I believe (fort fights are great, too).

What do you guys think?

Deleted User - 1693871

I agree Zed, I love startups on a new world. I can understand why Inno might decide against it right now though.

Spaceydk

I would have loved a new world recently restarted in Arizona but after joining the 2.0 new beta world I wouldn't do it again. Travel times as a noob is insane Quest giver locations are far from each other and the whole work process to get items are a joke, the way motivation works dropping like a rock even on 15-45 sec jobs is a joke. I started doing the Beta world when it came out and I dropped it yesterday not worth the time invested, For noobs it needs a lot of work to be attractive for us old timers time will tell.

Looks nice but doing a 15 sec job over and over and getting no drops is a turn off for me.

DeletedUser8627

Well I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news then.

With the release of 2.0 we expecting a new world to open. Most likely this will be on full premium as world 1 will be moving from classic to enhanced premium.

So I'm sure some of you will be happy about this while others won't.

But it's not set in stone just yet, we still have to release 2.0 and see how that goes. Closer to the time I'll let you know if there are any further changes.

:):cool:

DeletedUser

With the release of 2.0 we expecting a new world to open. Most likely this will be on full premium as world 1 will be moving from classic to enhanced premium.

hmm, interesting. if migration available, world 1 might be getting (another) boom.

DeletedUser

Da Twista the first think you said sounds great and I am highly anticipating a new world. However, if I'm correct about this, full premium is the one in which you can buy skill/attribute points? Why would the new world go straight onto full premium instead of just being classic premium? This gives everyone a fair go while still letting people like me purchase char bonus, automation, more energy.

Full premium could ruin the new world, but like you said, v2.0 still needs to be released so I won't get too worried over that. Thanks for responding to my question and good luck with v2.0 (it looks great).

DeletedUser34759

Kids, get ready and prepare parent's credit cards for the new world :)

I can't understand why is so necessary to change world 1 to enhanced premium?

DeletedUser

I can't understand why is so necessary to change world 1 to enhanced premium?

Why does it matter? There's no significant difference between enhanced premium and classic premium that can't be accomplished through the bond shop, though the nugget/premium versions are cheaper.

DeletedUser33353

Really? Screwing with W1? The last true world? Oh well....time will only tell. IMO, another fail.

DeletedUser16008

W1 will become like W2 - W10 thats all .. so... you can either have colorado or W1 where everyone is on an equal footing and no wallet warriors for sp/ap or you can enjoy the new one with the usual bank account players.... i know where im staying and seeing out my days... Long live W1 and look forward to seeing all the non prem players and veterans there...

Full prem ? they havnt learnt much have they :rolleyes:

Prediction ... W1 will be the last world standing with more players in 6 mths after the new world is released ....:cool:

DeletedUser33353

Perhaps Vic....but, still.........screwing with the original? Sigh......And if anyone here really studied history, we all know how it will end. Give a little, with no challenge and it will all be full premium in 6 months. There is now a bond shop there, correct? bah. I will say no more.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

Perhaps Vic....but, still.........screwing with the original? Sigh......And if anyone here really studied history, we all know how it will end. Give a little, with no challenge and it will all be full premium in 6 months. There is now a bond shop there, correct? bah. I will say no more.

Aye bond shop appearing on W1 is why I quit there in the first place, it ruined the original classic version the moment it arrived and may as well have gone expanded premium then a year or more back. Having said that its still vastly more appealing than a full prem world for an old style and world player like me. I don't even like the worlds with names for some reason lol

Your right Kal history repeats and progress often isnt for the better, you also can't put the genie back in the bottle though and it is going to happen, would love to see you there and duel again someday ;)

DeletedUser15641

Well I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news then.

So I'm sure some of you will be happy about this while others won't.

But it's not set in stone just yet, we still have to release 2.0 and see how that goes. Closer to the time I'll let you know if there are any further changes.

Why won't you let classic be classic?

DeletedUser8627

From what I know, there will no longer be classic at all, especially with this 2.0 upgrade, there will be hardly any difference between a classic and enhanced prem world. There is no point for the devs to waste extra time sorting out classic worlds with future updates because each language server only has 1/2 of these worlds.

Weighing the odds, its a handful of prem features being added which there are already existing buffs that can replicate these features. There is really no point keeping it classic.

As we're already seen since the premium featured worlds arrived, all updates from them were included in world 1, even the UPS. Which means anything new coming along will be included too.