A few questions about dueling

DeletedUser37702

So I've been scraping together what I'd think was a good dueler build but I have a few questions if anyone would like to help.

1) I'm level 102 and I've dumped all my attr/skill points evenly into mobility/dex, dodging/aiming. I realize there are other stats that contribute but I would think these are most important. Is there somewhere I can find comparisons of, 'this vs that', percentages, etc? I'd like to compare just how important tactics/appearance, toughness/vigor are in a duel, numbers wise.

2) Also my tactics are set up so my head/shoulders never gets hit, but, sometimes it still does, how is that? If I constantly crouch, and they aim at my head, it should miss, right?

3) I've seen that the Wesley or Butch set is mentioned for dueler classes as being the best, although I have a few Wesley pieces (hat, tie, knife), I'm using a mixed set of those pieces and the rest Johann, aside from shoes which are Saturiwa, I can get those two skills to 331/390 respectively. Are there any other sets that would be better, maybe, a little cheaper? I actually wasted my time and effort getting the Duelist set, only to be disappointed.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34781

I'm guessing by using vigor and toughness you are using melee.

If so melee is best for all aps into strength and not mob/dex. and dodge and aim are only really used for range players.sps into reflex ,vigor and toughness. butch gear mixed with collin's is best atm but this is all depending on who you're dueling. melee is tougher way to duel than range as alot gear swapping per target has to be done.

As for not hitting. for high dodge opponents.. you increase chance the to hit by aiming lower on the body. hands are best.

DeletedUser37702

*bump*
Still looking for a reference or site with percentages comparing stats.

Thank you dissembler I'll mix Butch and Collin's and see what I can come up with, I'll also aim low for tactics and see how that plays out.

This is where the confusion comes in:

-Toughness: offers resistance to melee weapons in duels
-Reflex: offers resistance to ranged weapons in duels
-Dodging: dodge rate towards all weapons
-Aim: aiming with all weapons
-Appearance: for attacking, compared to tactics, offers bonus to aim
-Tactics: for defending, compared to appearance, offers bonus to aim

What I want to work out is, am I better off ignoring tough/reflex, and maxing dodge, or vice versa; as in, 1 point of tough/reflex/dodge = how much % of resistance/evasion
Same thing for aiming and appear/tactics, which should I max? Meaning, 1 point of aim/appear/tactics = how much % hit rate/bonus when compared to opposite stat
It seems as though dodging and aiming is the best route, since it doesn't discriminate against melee or ranged weapons, the bonus is the same, but, I like math, numbers, facts lol

Side note, just a curiosity really, how does construction/repairing play into town development?
Which is the better stat, point for point?

Last edited by a moderator:

jarograv

Since you are mob/dex you are best suited for ranged weapons due to the shooting bonus dex gives (Unless against an opponent with high reflex and low toughness).

The best builds are generally all in on aim/dodge or all in on tough/reflex (Some investment in shoot or vigor too).

As far as calculators to find the chances to hit, you probably won't find one. Most the duelformula is a secret and relatively new, so hard to figure out the % Each point gives. Before the last major duel formula update I worked with a couple other players to make a spreadsheet version and we were pretty secretive about it :p Most others will probably not want to share assuming other calcs exist for the newest update. So best answer unless someone comes along to share one is to test for yourself over many duels.

For resistance, the wiki has a chart iirc for the damage multiplier based on resistance And shoot/vig amount. If not on the wiki, search the forum (on mobile so can't check). Your resistance value is equal to the primary resistance skill plus between 0.25 and 0.5 times the secondary resistance skill.

Appearance increases hit chance so use gear to boost appear when against a high dodger. Imo it's a waste to put sp in appear but idkCause it's been a while since I duelled.

For construction go pure construction. It is three times better than repairing or leadership.