Submitted A "Cancel All Jobs" button

Would you like this idea to be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 90 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Yeah, but with checkboxes you'd have to move your mouse to click each one and it wouldn't really be that much quicker than doing it now, even with the lag.

It actually would be quicker because canceling would be one action, not up to 9, just like using the checkboxes is faster for deleting multiple reports instead of deleting each one individually.

DeletedUser22685

Depends whether people can move their mouse faster than their queue could load otherwise. Not to mention the misclicks.

What I was trying to say was that you used to be able to keep your mouse still AND cancellations were instant. As it is, you have to wait for it to load but you don't have to move your mouse until the very last job. With the checkboxes, it would be instant but you'd have to move your mouse. So with checkboxes or without them, we wouldn't have both instant cancellations AND a stationary mouse, so neither option would be considerably faster than the other.

DeletedUser

:huh:Love this idea, so simple you wonder how it was not in the game from the start

And you have to wonder why some people don't want it? Do some people vote no purely for the sake of it or are they really against a cancel all button?

DeletedUser

And you have to wonder why some people don't want it? Do some people vote no purely for the sake of it or are they really against a cancel all button?

Probably for the same reason I've clearly explained.

DeletedUser

If you know how to read the other pages... you will understand why some people, like me, are against, if this thing is not on the other side of the screen, very faraway from the jobs tab.
You just need to know how to click on the page before this one.

Ps- i don´t think that it would reduce the server load, since the actual system of jobs need to contact the server for starting and stopping the job. So for the cancel all, it would need a need registry for the jobs. The time to contact the server would need to use a different way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20579

When I first saw this idea, it seemed like a no brainer, but the more I think on it, the less I like it.

The only times I am cancelling jobs is to manage energy and when I am doing that one job at a time is the way to go.

That being said, just because I don't like it doesn't mean someone else won't use it. I do think it will cost people more energy in the end and the time saved will be minimal.

DeletedUser

The only times I am cancelling jobs is to manage energy and when I am doing that one job at a time is the way to go.

Exactly my problem with it. I don't want to risk one time saying cancel all without thinking when I'm storing 72, 80, or more energy and juggling jobs. The more times you use it, the more of a habit it will become and the bigger chance you use it when you don't want to.

DeletedUser6752

I cannot cancel jobs quickly - in fact I often have the opposite problem - I try to cancel sleep so I can start the jobs I've queued up, and it doesn't always get recognized. And I don't always notice it until sometimes a half hour later, and now I've wasted a half hour thinking that my clicking on the X next to sleep actually DID something.
Every time I cancel a single job, the job queue rearranges itself, and I have to wait for it to refresh in order to kill the next job. Keeping my cursor over the bottom left job is not always the solution, because if I queued up some 15-second Grinding Coffee jobs for a daily, and failed to remember that I had already used 10 coffee I had left over from the other day, I need to cancel them before I waste that energy. And since doing all 4 15-second jobs 10 items each uses 80 energy, I do NOT have even 2 energy to spare, if I want to do anything besides logging off. So I need to kill the FIRST queued job, and then the next and the next, before the 15 seconds ticks down (and remember, it is ticking down as the job queue resets, so you don't have 15 seconds to kill any single job in that queue).
I'd much rather have that Cancel All Jobs button available - one click there and one more click to confirm, and I'm back where I wanted to be.

I understand the energy concern - you queue jobs before sleep and wake up with a full queue AND full energy - so if you cancel any of those jobs, that "saved" energy is lost. But if hitting the Cancel button provides a d'Oh moment, and you realize what you did but not in time to stop yourself, the confirmation popup should give you that second chance.
And the idea of it becoming a 'habit' the more you use it ... that argument would hold true for any aspect of the game, and I don't see it being used on a regular basis by anybody - it's intended to be much more of an emergency kill switch. For example, you see that dueler at your job site who's always hitting you and always seems to be able to beat you. You have several jobs queued and don't know how long that guy has been there, so you want to waste no time in killing each job in turn and then hiding in a hotel - you want speed, and yeah, even several seconds can help.

DeletedUser

Yeah, and you get a prompt before selling anything to the trader. I'm not the only one who accidentally sold their advent calendar despite that prompt when they tried to open it forgetting they were in the trader. I've also heard of people selling recipes accidentally for the same reason.

DeletedUser19518

I have lost speed buffs actions or other buffs by canceling a job. Dont wanna imagine how would i feel if i lost 4-7 buffs.
No, i am not new in this game, even i am not expert on jobs, but this things happen to everyone.

DeletedUser20579

I was thinking we should add a bar showing total time remaining on all queued tasks along with the amount of energy needed. So if I was to cancel I can see how much time and energy I will lose.

I only assume this is a minor tweak, not sure how hard or easy it is to program.

Here is my futu-esque rendering...

Capture-5_zps579f5954.jpg

DeletedUser

Looking good ManFromSnowyRiver.

As an idea as a whole i gave this a yes. :)

DeletedUser22493

This idea has passed the vote and will be sent to the dev's.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.