Submitted A "Cancel All Jobs" button

Would you like this idea to be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 90 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22493

- There will be a two week period available to vote. (May be extended if needed.)

If the idea wins 80% of the vote, it is sent to the developers who will respond with feedback and the idea will be linked in the ideas passed to developers.
If it loses the vote by not attaining more than 79.99%, it will be moved to the archives. The idea will then be placed on the list of items to not post again.

Original thread can be found <HERE>.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Idea title:
A "Cancel All Jobs" button.

Details of idea:
A button that cancels all currently set tasks.

Visual Aid:
ODkMoQy.jpg

Edit: Added a missclick function.
ibmX4Sh.jpg

Reasons for submitting:
Simple really. Very often, I queue up 9 jobs, and then change my mind. Id like a "Cancel all Jobs" button, because canceling them manually takes too long.

DeletedUser22685

How can one third of people vote no to this? It shouldn't even need a poll. Whoever voted no must not have understood the idea.

DeletedUser

How can one third of people vote no to this? It shouldn't even need a poll. Whoever voted no must not have understood the idea.

I fully understand the idea. Like I said, I considered suggesting it myself, but I didn't want to risk accidentally canceling all jobs when it would cost me energy. It wouldn't be the first time I clicked yes without thinking when prompted with unfavorable results like selling something you didn't want to or joining the wrong side in a battle or wasting a buff. I spend a lot of time juggling jobs and town founding in order to hold energy while doing jobs and absolutely do not need to accidentally cancel everything and lose energy because of it.

Canceling jobs one at a time starting at the bottom left is a hell of a lot faster than getting back the energy you wasted. You never get it back.

DeletedUser22685

You think those prompts are bad, try rapidly clicking "Start Job" when you forget you don't have automation activated and accidentally activating it when the annoying prompt pops up with the "Yes" button exactly on top of where you were clicking.

I'd rather they get rid of the loading between cancelling jobs, but anything would be better than the annoyingly long time it takes to cancel tasks now. If that thing is a cancel all jobs button, then I'm for it.

DeletedUser

I did that by accident. You can't even have the premium feature removed after sending a ticket in. Even though i hadn't yet even used it.

DeletedUser30224

had one of those horid experiences as well ... I don't need automation yet managed to activate it when I was on my phone ... me and my big fingers.

Cancel all jobs, yes baby, please.

DeletedUser

I just voted no because that button can have some dangerous use:

Just think that you sent your player to the other side of the map to get something from a market. And you placed a few orders to do jobs nearby. When you are 10 minutes (from the 2h trip) away from the town (and a trip to a town is a job... before anyone says that it´s not) you remember that instead of the 8 jobs you placed, it would be better to work on something else.
You will go for that button... and 2h trip would be gone. If you cancel each order each time you will check the first one since the symbol is different.

(im placing this for the 9 jobs and not for the 4 since the idea targets directly only for premium players and nobody else).

Worst than that: think that you bought instructions for 5 jobs. You just use the cancel all jobs because the last 4 where selected wrongly... it would take you more than pressing the button 8 times. So a button like that, if the idea goes ahead, must be placed nearby the saloon icon on the left side. And a check of yes-no should exists before the cancel goes ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22493

I just voted no because that button can have some dangerous use:

Just think that you sent your player to the other side of the map to get something from a market. And you placed a few orders to do jobs nearby. When you are 10 minutes (from the 2h trip) away from the town (and a trip to a town is a job... before anyone says that it´s not) you remember that instead of the 8 jobs you placed, it would be better to work on something else.
You will go for that button... and 2h trip would be gone. If you cancel each order each time you will check the first one since the symbol is different.

(im placing this for the 9 jobs and not for the 4 since the idea targets directly only for premium players and nobody else).

Worst than that: think that you bought instructions for 5 jobs. You just use the cancel all jobs because the last 4 where selected wrongly... it would take you more than pressing the button 8 times. So a button like that, if the idea goes ahead, must be placed nearby the saloon icon on the left side. And a check of yes-no should exists before the cancel goes ahead.

If you can't remember that you started the jobs with buffs, then you would most likely forget it when canceling them manually anyways.

I don't know what check box your referring to, but I added one fool proof one, so something like this wouldn't happen. Now if you still cancel them, I don't feel sorry for you.
ibmX4Sh.jpg

DeletedUser

I added one fool proof one, so something like this wouldn't happen. Now if you still cancel them, I don't feel sorry for you.
ibmX4Sh.jpg

Like I said...

Accidentally selling something to your trade you didn't want to sell.
Joining the wrong side in battles.
Using a buff that cancels a running buff.

Your assertion that prompts are foolproof is not true. Mistakes happen all the time and I know at least once I'd cancel all tasks when I didn't have room for all the energy I'd get back. I also disagree that canceling manually takes too long. I do it all the time. It's a lot faster if you keep canceling the second to the last job than if you cancel the first job.

DeletedUser22493

Fool Resistant then.

I have mastered the art of canceling jobs fast, but id still like the CA button. Not all of us have Wifi directly plugged into NASA.

DeletedUser35139

Best for me ...

Can not be checked only jobs that I want to delete? course all at once ... delete ...

A box beside each ... Check if you want del ... Delete all checked ...

Just idea :cool:
Doc Stormer

DeletedUser35139

more than that ... after the tick mark certain jobs, to have the opportunity to delete or skip for jobs marked ... that may want to come back to them after running jobs left unchecked ...

Doc Stormer

DeletedUser22685

You'll have to upload that with a site such as Imgur if you want to post it as an image.

DeletedUser30224

so much fuss about a simple implementation. if you want to cancel just some of them, use the x each job has, if you want to cancel them all, use the x we want to implement now. I see no need to add checkboxes ... it doesn't save you time at all that way. We want thi to save time, as it is laggy to close each job.

DeletedUser

Yeah, checkboxes are completely pointless. Instead of clicking each x, you're clicking each checkbox. Then clicking once more to close them. More time, not less.

DeletedUser

I believe their reasoning for it being slow was the lag they experience from their internet speeds canceling each job. Thus the time is longer. Clicking boxes then canceling would be a one off cancel to clear up 4-9 jobs at a single go to reduce lag time for them. But this is just how i understood it and of course could be wrong.

DeletedUser22685

Yeah, but with checkboxes you'd have to move your mouse to click each one and it wouldn't really be that much quicker than doing it now, even with the lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.