7 Days Summer Speed - Feedback

asdf124

I'm more inclined to think increase in run time of a world, to say 60, 90, 120... days or longer? Most people do like playing when rewards are forthcoming. So rewarding something even something tiny simply for joining or for reaching a certain level or for finding some buried treasure or whatever would be good for late comers and causal players too. It is fine and dandy to make things competitive but players do arrive in worlds for different reasons other than getting to the top. Some are just here to play and don't even read game forums so isn't it impossible to know what everyone wants. Testing helps with that I suppose and 7 day event numbers will determine...

I would vote for some longer limited games with different settings, gear and an occasional monkey wrench thrown in so that one limited time game is not played exactly the same as another might be an idea and therefore remain a challenge even for the most experienced player?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

It might be interesting to read what people think of speed worlds, what might work well and what might not. It can be fun to come up with ideas.
Some ideas can be silly ones but you never know if another person could do something with a suggestion - like a spark to a flame.
You really want horseball event to come back, wow. We have a real fan of the west.(this is what I think of you nowadays> :lovetw:)

I for one don't like the fake community that has developed, at least some people are actually not putting a character. A lot are thou, and probably one of the reasons I stopped playing this game. Among other things is, more events will not put more pumped blood into newcomers, which I don't think has happened in a lot of years.(getting newcomers that are completely new to TW).

Games have developed way more than this one, while this game has for years stalled its development other than quest work. What it truly needs is probably a full reinvention but inno will not do that. Cause that will be too costly for em, and they won't know how well a reinvention will do in terms of income. A few years from now, inno might pull the plug cause its users will end up being MIA, RIP or otherwise. Worse case would be for inno is, people getting back to precovid environment, if they don't like the game versus other games.

PS. I don't think worse case will happen, cause covid isn't done yet
as governments, most likely people, and WHO(World Health Organization) started to underestimate the pandemic. Worst life case would be, covid beating the vaccination effort.(and if people start using that as an excuse, which a lot are probably already are, is one of the reasons why we are less likely to beat covid)

Thanatoss

What i have said beofre about speed worlds is that it feels u rewarding for the majority.

I know there are people who sleep with their laptops and like grinding all day. (Do what an autoclicker cheat can). But most of us dont do that so dont stand a chance on winning something.

MY SUGGESTION: Have around 4-5 different category rewards each with no person win limit: Example: craft x amount of items/Do x amount of jobs etc. That everyone can win if they reach the certain milestone.

wyindywidualizowany

MY SUGGESTION:

Instead of having events in a broken game fix it already. Players have pretty much fixed it for you with all their ideas, formulas and whatever else they already came up with all you have to do is implement it.

Also finally get rid of the person whos been ruining this game for years and it will make people much happier than some events. I wont tell you what her nickname is but if your iq is above 60 and you've played this game for a while you know who I'm talking about (can't say her name because apparently Syntex bans for that)

Last but not least if you think that speed server is gonna make up for the fact that you fired the best CM in years here or that updates we've been getting in last months are just some clothes upgrades then you're wrong. We might be stupid enough to still play this game but don't treat us like idiots

(Would be nice if you could answer my questions in "Ask CM about the game" topic)

Last edited:

RaiderTr

They stacked up way too many things to fix with part time Externals Devs that they seem to have given up.

So fix nothing (don't call last year's FF changes a fix cause Diggo hadn't even started!) , add bunch of useless quests, click clack robotic events and that's about it.

Besides, what's up with getting removed our Scripts recently instead of implementing any at all?

If u wanna bring a Travian kinda thing, it's totally fine, but don't open new servers every year with absolute NO migrations then.
( https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/new-migration-routes.57586 Every year my axx )

Last edited:

Poker Alice

We have a real fan of the west.(this is what I think of you nowadays> :lovetw:)
I for one don't like the fake community that has developed, at least some people are actually not putting a character.
So YOU think I am F-A-K-E and you don't like me.

Shame on you for starting an angry clan that hates the west game and attempting to bully other players into what world they should join or should not join. Shame on you.:boone:

RaiderTr

So it actually starts today. With not even a day's notice and no server announcement either.

Who even does that?

Last edited:

asdf124

So YOU think I am F-A-K-E and you don't like me.

Shame on you for starting an angry clan that hates the west game and attempting to bully other players into what world they should join or should not join. Shame on you.:boone:
Read again, I didn't specify who's fake. Are you that self centered? I don't know you that well, so don't give yourself that much credit :boone:

What i have said beofre about speed worlds is that it feels u rewarding for the majority.

I know there are people who sleep with their laptops and like grinding all day. (Do what an autoclicker cheat can). But most of us dont do that so dont stand a chance on winning something.

MY SUGGESTION: Have around 4-5 different category rewards each with no person win limit: Example: craft x amount of items/Do x amount of jobs etc. That everyone can win if they reach the certain milestone.
I think an ff event would be alright, anything team based where your brackets are decided. Everyone has a chance and best of all its not click heavy. Adventures with specific gear right off the bat etc. Oh and I don't think a lot would be happy with adventures but its the only one that is a great way for team based/fast paced/balance. They can even open other modes for adventures if they want just specially made for the event.(Don't think they would do that thou, so don't get your hopes up) I dislike clicky events, even ff's are clicky events since you'd need to craft, quest etc etc. That means if person x isn't available, they would most likely kill a die hard's team.
Whilst an adventurer team would be fine with certain times, specially on the weekend.

Poker Alice

You quoted me and then wrote,

You really want horseball event to come back, wow. We have a real fan of the west.(this is what I think of you nowadays> :lovetw:)

I for one don't like the fake community that has developed, at least some people are actually not putting a character. A lot are thou, and probably one of the reasons I stopped playing this game. Among other things is, more events will not put more pumped blood into newcomers, which I don't think has happened in a lot of years.(getting newcomers that are completely new to TW).
therefore I don't think it is self-centered of me to presume what you wrote at least in part was prompted by what I wrote.

Maybe you can explain what you meant then by fake community? You wrote, "at least some people are actually not putting a character." What does this mean? You want people not to put a character into a speed server? You go on to write. "A lot are thou, and probably one of the reasons I stopped playing this game." So because a new world is created be it a speed world or otherwise and people do join you don't like it so you decided to quite playing because of that?

Okay, that's fair. My question to you is because you don't like speed servers why should everyone else quit along with you? Can you explain that?

You would like to see fort battle events inside an existing world instead of new worlds being created is your suggestion. Got it!

I agree with you that simply creating events or new worlds will not by itself attract newcomers. A little more effort is required to do so. I don't believe older games have a futile existence because some people like playing older games period. Anyone for pong? :cool: ha ha

asdf124

You quoted me and then wrote,

therefore I don't think it is self-centered of me to presume what you wrote at least in part was prompted by what I wrote.

Maybe you can explain what you meant then by fake community? You did write, "at least some people are actually not putting a character." What does that mean? You want people not to put a character in a speed server? You go on to write. "A lot are thou, and probably one of the reasons I stopped playing this game." So because when a world is created be it a speed world and people join it you don't like it so you decided to quite playing.

Okay, that's fair. My only question to you is because you don't like speed servers why should everyone else quit along with you? Can you explain that?

You would like to see fort battle events inside a world instead of new worlds being created is your suggestion. Got it!

I agree with you simply creating events or new worlds will not by itself attract newcomers. A little more effort is required to do so. I don't believe older games have futile existence because some people just like playing older games. Anyone for pong? :cool: ha ha
Oh that's easy, I was talking about the community as a whole that changed. From a community that would be its own persona, to a bunch of players that put on masks on certain players. I have seen a lot that do so, and don't really care about the speed server. While analyzing that the rewards were insanely low for everyones time, 7 days just to be n1 in rewards for a merely 300 nuggets as exp n1 reward is just a slap on everyones face. Unhealthy competition as the insane ones would do it for bragging rights. And the cheaters with click bots most likely win.

Have you tried being awake for over 19 hours in this game? Probably not, I would definitely not recommend.

As for duels, that isn't really that simple.

Lastly, having an adventurer world with a special event could potentially breath life into adventures. While other game modes(fort battles/quests/duels/church builders), its already an established community. Basically, having a competition where its the most cunning/intelligent tactical players that would most likely win. And that would be up to how they can make it. They also can make an individual free for all or 1 vs 1. As adventurers are way more balanced/fast paced than the fort battles.

I was talking about this specific speed world. I didn't say that people shouldn't play it casual. On the contrary.

Poker Alice

@asdf124 thank you for clarifying. When you write, "a bunch of players that put masks on certain players" are you also referring to multi-characters and bots or did you mean something else? I like your suggestion to create worlds which are unique as you suggested "an adventurer world" and worth hashing out the details. Some members on the forum are really good at that as they understand the game dynamics really well.

I joined the last speed event and enjoyed playing along with others even if I didn't win. I agree that it would be good to spread the wealth around rather than focus on unhealthy competition. The person who did win on the speed server I enjoyed watching his progress. He started out a head of the pack and keep the lead. I read his chats and on observing his actions though I can't know for certain I do believe he didn't cheat, he didn't do anything illegal. No one twisted his arm or threatened him if didn't play the game as it was setup. He played and I think he might have enjoyed it. Yeah, I don't know for sure maybe he did spend to win which makes the rewards (to be used in another world) negligible. But its only a game and if its fun for someone, why not? Some like it fast, some intensive, some competitive, some long, some short, some somewhere in-between. :)

As for robots they are going to be involved in games as well as in our life so we have to accept that? Huh, hun, non-legal bots can be deleted when found out but there are also legal robots in games, right? Forge of Empires uses bots to create fake battles for example. It is part of that game and actually enhances game play. We will find robots and A.I. in a lot of other games too. Software makes the world go round but it is nice or at least should be nice to connect up with other players too behind the keyboard who we have something in common with. Playing and talking about... games.

DeletedUser15368

Instead of an exp grinding speed server for a week, you should have used world settings to create a "mini" event on the worlds that we already play on.

2x or 3x or 4x experience, money, luck, product drops etc
Add on a SHOP sale or something and it's already better than the Harvest click fest.

Then everyone gets the reward that they play for and no bots win anything.
then bring back nyborg

Instead of an exp grinding speed server for a week, you should have used world settings to create a "mini" event on the worlds that we already play on.

Add on a SHOP sale or something and it's already better than the Harvest click fest.

Then everyone gets the reward that they play for and no bots win anything.
then bring back nyborg
and the CMs can spend the week reading the links in your signature.

Prljavi Hari

This ^^. A hundred times this. Not really sure why they ever stopped doing these exp/cash/etc. world-wide bonuses, but kinda fits within their 'let's think of ways we can screw up even more' framework. I swear, probably the whole player base would be a lot happier if they reintroduced these instead of these time-wasting, screen-gluing clicky 'events'. But, oh well.

RaiderTr

I kinda know when this game turned into a Damage simulator but when exactly did it turned into a Click simulator too?

Like just after this Harvest event starts and it's the same nonsense.
They just won't include PvP features but only click clack beep boop robotic way.