7 Days Summer Speed - Feedback

RaiderTr

I want to be optimistic, believe me, I really do.
But I know this management enough by now.
(Also heard of Syntex's love for Speed events)

Besides..
They are making hell of a money from DotD in a new server, they won't give up on that so easily, even though it costs them in the long run.

magwai the akeoj

I want to be optimistic, believe me, I really do.
But I know this management enough by now.

Optimism is great. Realism is better. Businesses have to make money and they walk a fine line between upsetting their base and making their base happy...a lot of things that might make players happy might not be cost effective, or even possible.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
As for those who don't like this event, we would be more than happy to hear your suggestions. Speed servers are something which we really want to make enjoyable for everyone, and create diverse events. If you want, we can try out speed worlds even without premium. EN server has 2 speed servers, so we can already start thinking about the settings for the next one. Would you find it useful to create a separate thread only for speed server suggestions, where we could elaborate more this topic?

sanidh

Optimism is great. Realism is better. Businesses have to make money and they walk a fine line between upsetting their base and making their base happy...a lot of things that might make players happy might not be cost effective, or even possible.

You make money by keeping players happy, thats how a business works lol, no business survives long term without keeping people happy, i know you're towing the company line now magwai but god please keep some objectivity, even the CM's know what inno has done to the west.

You can make money by keeping people happy, stop making it sound like INNO would stop making money if they fixed the game, you sound like them lol

Clever Hans

You make money by keeping players happy, thats how a business works lol, no business survives long term without keeping people happy, i know you're towing the company line now magwai but god please keep some objectivity, even the CM's know what inno has done to the west.

You can make money by keeping people happy, stop making it sound like INNO would stop making money if they fixed the game, you sound like them lol

Wasn´t Magwai credited as author of tutorials at Innogames Youtube channel?

asdf124

Individual Rewards:

• Experience ranking - The first 3 players: 300 Nuggets
  • Duel Ranking - The first 3 players: 300 Nuggets
  • Achievement Ranking - The first 3 players: 300 Nuggets
It seems like there is a huge budget cut, also which 3 biggest experience fools would pay a few k nuggets to get 300 nuggets.

Community Goal:

• All players of the biggest Town in Town Ranking will win 50 Bonds each.

Or biggest foolish community town where you pay a huge amount of your life for 50 bonds, that would get about half a bag worth in xmas. How about trying to make the pay about at least 100 times that? Oh wait you can't.

I don't recommend anyone to play this event unless they are casually playing it. Bragging rights? Your not just any fool. You are the fool.

DeletedUser15368

Aligns perfectly with well towed company lines from her now :-D Best was her message on nyborg's appreciation thread when everybody was "grieving and appreciating"

Appalling lol..
Don't just go around attacking everyone who's ever been affiliated with innogames, because you disagree with management level decisions.
For what it's worth, we can understand why Nyborg was fired, even if we think it was the wrong decision.

sanidh

Don't just go around attacking everyone who's ever been affiliated with innogames, because you disagree with management level decisions.
For what it's worth, we can understand why Nyborg was fired, even if we think it was the wrong decision.

I guess you're right, just pissed off, i rejoined after 7 years and actually saw a ray of hope. back to the dark times now :/

DeletedUser15368

Also -
Hosting event worlds during the early stages of the clothes being re-worked is kinda strange.
Hosting event worlds without tombola gear is a cruel reminder of the potential that this game had.

magwai the akeoj

You make money by keeping players happy, thats how a business works lol, no business survives long term without keeping people happy.

You're right, no business survives long term without keeping people happy, but that doesn't mean 100% of the people, or even 80% of them.

magwai the akeoj

Are even 10% of the people happy here? what 80% are you talking about :lol:
Inno level delusion

Everyone keeps saying 80% of the players don't want new worlds to open...they are getting their figures from somewhere. But my comment about keeping people happy is just general, saying that you don't have to make 100%, or really any high percentage of people happy, just some of them.

RaiderTr

Me and some of fellow veterans has been vocalising what the Community wants for 2 years straight. (Some even longer)

What good came out of it?
Maybe try to get the new LCM to fix Fort Fighting?
Then ask about Migrations.
Then we can think about playing on event worlds, when the game actually functions properly :up:
I think he IS the LCM but idk what to call his superior.

CMS? Doesn't sound right :'P

Poker Alice

If you want, we can try out speed worlds even without premium.

I'm more inclined to think increase in run time of a world, to say 60, 90, 120... days or longer? Most people do like playing when rewards are forthcoming. So rewarding something even something tiny simply for joining or for reaching a certain level or for finding some buried treasure or whatever would be good for late comers and causal players too. It is fine and dandy to make things competitive but players do arrive in worlds for different reasons other than getting to the top. Some are just here to play and don't even read game forums so isn't it impossible to know what everyone wants. Testing helps with that I suppose and 7 day event numbers will determine...

I would vote for some longer limited games with different settings, gear and an occasional monkey wrench thrown in so that one limited time game is not played exactly the same as another might be an idea and therefore remain a challenge even for the most experienced player?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

It might be interesting to read what people think of speed worlds, what might work well and what might not. It can be fun to come up with ideas.
Some ideas can be silly ones but you never know if another person could do something with a suggestion - like a spark to a flame.

As for those who don't like this event, we would be more than happy to hear your suggestions.

"hear your suggestions" ?!?!?

How about you take the "speed week" and read through the forum containing years of suggestions to improve the game. We'll take the week off instead of injuring our index fingers trying to keep up with inno's mismanagement of the game - aka speed server

Speed servers are something which we really want to make enjoyable for everyone, and create diverse events.
Around 250 chars were in the July speed world. That's what chars think about the event.:confused:

I don't want to spend a week, or a month, building a char that I know will be gone in 30 days or less. There is an active and engaged player-base that wants to see the actual game improved.

Try to understand this please:

We would rather take an entire week in open dialog to build a better and sustainable game than to waste a week building up a char that will be destroyed in seven days.