600 level recipe 7 day limit too restrictive

DeletedUser31239

Proposal
Removing/Reducing the 7 day waiting period on the higher 600 level recipes for crafting.

Current Workaround
Unfortunately at the minute time travel does not exist to work around this :)

Details
In general the 7 day waiting period for the higher recipes is not adding much to the game. Think there are enough things at play at this stage of crafting without adding this extra annoying waiting period. Some of the challenges that already exist for crafting at this level:
· Very hard to find recipe in the first case
· Time consuming as it is to collect all materials needed for 600 recipes.
· Most have item to craft with, which costs 100 nuggets/bonds
· Crafting max now increased to 700, making the mountain seem impossible to climb when hit level 600
· Crafting with green recipes at 600 level, wait a whole 7 days and not even guaranteed to get a craft point!
· New level 600 recipes e.g. “Ammunition slide”, can create as many as want with no time restrictions. No consistency.
· Only able to craft 1 item of this type every 7 days.
· If trying to upgrade the weapon to level 5 which is creatable through crafting, seems too impossible to player to think about setting as a goal.

Abuse Prevention
No loopholes, just makes crafting at this level less negative.

Visual Aids
No need for visual aids in this case. It’s a matter of either removing or adjusting a restriction in crafting.

Summary
In Summary, I am not asking to change all of the challenges that I have mentioned regards crafting at the higher level. I am suggesting either reducing or removing altogether the time waiting period restrictions.

Some suggestions:

• Remove the 7 day limit and number of items creatable at one time on the first 600 recipe only e.g. in the case of Master Saddler “Weightless leather”

• Reduce the 7 day limit on either one or both 600 recipes. Too many variants to suggest but example being first 600 recipe = 1 day limit, weapon 600 recipe = 3 day limit

• Remove 7 day limit for both recipes making them the same as new 600 recipe
My personal opinion I think the first suggestion I have on list would be good enough.

Thank You for your time, thoughts please :up:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36559

Sorry but the way it is setup now is good enough, if the waiting period is removed people will just power lvl to 700 then they won't craft anything till any new crafting update comes out, it's just an excuse to power lvl. Don't get me wrong I love power leveling but the waiting period doesn't allow me to do that and I personally don't mind at all.

Deleted User - 3853873

only reason i would say yes,is cause i have spent over two months and many nuggets for premium to never get the new 600 recipe to power level with.and at this point dont think it will ever drop.as far as i know only one person on my world has got it.
I also hate that mine is green i waste 100 bond/nug for a small chance to gain a level.it should not be green at any time and should give you a level every time imo.I am a master saddler and at 626 it will take years to get to 700 at this point.remember if they removed the 7 day waiting period,it would still take 100 bond/nugs for each level any ways

DeletedUser35533

my suggestions would be to remove the cooldown from crafting and move it to the quest that changes the item into weapons.make it 1 month cooldown.

DeletedUser31239

Sorry, I don't think i want to see a lot of lvl 5 Strangers Colts.

Just to address this point cause I don't think people realize the time scales we are talking at the minute. Which I think it needs to be addressed to make sure certain goals are actually achievable.

Ok so to get a Level 5 anything you need 243 of that item.
3 = grade 1
9 = grade 2
27 = grade 3
81 = grade 4
243 = grade 5

Master Saddler to create the Pony Express Saddlery which allows you to get Pete Remington takes 4 weeks.
So 4 weeks = 1 item in this case

243 X 4 = 972 weeks, not days, WEEKS!! That's about 19 years!!

So Fos you have nothing to worry about with current implementation :D

Take my sugesstion, if remove restriction on weightless leather and allow Pony Express Saddlery once a week, in theory could take 1 week to create item.

243 X 1 = 243 weeks. Still would be nearly 5 years! But at least its achievable goal.

foscock

Banned
Of course I realize the time scale, that's why I don't want it to change.

The point is, I don't see a need for everything in the game to be simplified. Almost everything in this game has become simple, can we please have a few things that aren't handed to you on a platter?

DeletedUser31239

Of course I realize the time scale, that's why I don't want it to change.

The point is, I don't see a need for everything in the game to be simplified. Almost everything in this game has become simple, can we please have a few things that aren't handed to you on a platter?

19 Years compared to 5 years is hardly on a platter, COME ON!!!
This is a game not a mortgage :)
AND on top of this how well the game have changed in 5 years for us all....Maybe it will be level 1000! and 4 more recipes. Really this change is not as big a deal as everyone is making it to be.

Deleted User - 3853873

I agree with Coravian on his points and has a right to say them,just as foscock does but dont agree with him to some point.lol I have thought that the crafting in the west compared to every other game to be brutaly stupid

Pankreas PorFavor

in theory it is possible to get a level 5 Pete's Remington. why must it also be possible in practice? btw. do you have to craft all 243 of them on your own? of course not. must we have this level 5 weapon in game just because it's theoretically possible? of course not.

OP says - "In general the 7 day waiting period for the higher recipes is not adding much to the game." I agree with that. I also think that it is not removing much from the game. at the same time, reducing, or completely removing this waiting period isn't doing anything to make the game better. the only effect is that it will be quicker for players to reach 650 crafting points. and I see no reason why that should be possible. should we also make it easier to reach other goals/levels quicker and simpler? why?
I hear only - "it takes a long time, it should be faster." but I don't see it explained. why should it be faster? it takes 19 years to make a level 5 weapon if you try doing it yourself. who says there should be level 5 Harper's axes in the game? and who says you need to make all 243? I am almost done with making a level 4 axe, so making level 5 is achievable.

DeletedUser30417

· Most have item to craft with, which costs 100 nuggets/bonds

It costs 100 nuggets/bonds to buy. But those products drop from specific jobs as well. So it isn't necessary to buy them.

Regarding the proposed change I favor keeping the 7 day limit. I can't think of a good reason to remove it. At crafting level 600 you are able to use all possible recipes from your profession. So there is no urgency to allow players to reach crafting level 700 in a hurry.

DeletedUser31239

It costs 100 nuggets/bonds to buy. But those products drop from specific jobs as well. So it isn't necessary to buy them.

Regarding the proposed change I favor keeping the 7 day limit. I can't think of a good reason to remove it. At crafting level 600 you are able to use all possible recipes from your profession. So there is no urgency to allow players to reach crafting level 700 in a hurry.

So are you saying its currently broken at the minute the fact that the new 600 recipes don't have a time limit. This means people can level too quickly?

The point of this is not that we need to level faster. Its the fact that their are so many restrictions and criteria to fill for crafting (read original post), that really the 7 day limit can be a final straw for a lot of people and just plainly a frustration. And again people are being very black and white, there is middle ground in some of my suggestions.
I don't think myself for a minute the time limit should be completely removed for all recipes. I think they have value just at the minute its a bit too much.

Pankreas PorFavor

"The point of this is not that we need to level faster."
"7 day limit can be a final straw for a lot of people and just plainly a frustration"

So why is it a frustration if you do NOT need to do it faster? Don't you think that you are in sort of a loop here? "We don't need to do it faster, but it is frustrating when it's this slow." Eh, what? :huh:

DeletedUser36979

I find lack of consistency to be the real problem.
Either the new recipes should have had the 7 day wait as well, or a new limit should have been made for all lvl 600 recipes. The fact that you have to wait with the old ones, while you can just race to 700 with the new ones is just a plain stupid decision from InnoGreed, and shows the lack of thought put into new stuff.... same requirements for same level of crafting :eek: that actually makes sense

As for the frustation, I understand it: why even bother with the old recipes
- they require a lot of items
- you can only do it once a week
- the items you get are useless

- only good thing about them: the recipes are available, while the new ones still require some luck to get your hands on.

foscock

Banned
Anzian, when Pank hits you with his level 4 Harpers we can revisit how useless it is.

One recipe creates a weapon, the other recipe creates a buff - you really think they should be treated the same? Perhaps Gentleman's dinner should have a 24 hour limit - surely nobody can eat 2 meals that large in a day.

DeletedUser36979

Anzian, when Pank hits you with his level 4 Harpers we can revisit how useless it is.

One recipe creates a weapon, the other recipe creates a buff - you really think they should be treated the same? Perhaps Gentleman's dinner should have a 24 hour limit - surely nobody can eat 2 meals that large in a day.

As always, you don't get the point :eek: So let me try to explain it in a way you maybe understand. This has nothing to do about what you get from crafting.
I do believe that two equal actions should be treated equal.

Action A = Action B.
Action A have a CD of 7 days, Action B does not. Is that consistant?

As for your 24 limit on using gentlemans dinner, what does have to do with crafting? I know it can be confusing for you, but there is a difference on creating something, and consuming it.

Pankreas PorFavor

Action A = Action B.
Action A have a CD of 7 days, Action B does not. Is that consistant?

Action A <> Action B, so your point is moot. (Before anyone jumps on my case - how can two actions that have different results be called equal?)

Anyway, let's introduce this great big change:
"As for the frustation, I understand it: why even bother with the old recipes
- the items you get are useless"

So now we can make useless items more than once a week and use a lot of items to do it! Yay, let's change this ASAP! No more frustration, woohoo!

What happened to logic? :hmf:

DeletedUser36979

Action A <> Action B, so your point is moot. (Before anyone jumps on my case - how can two actions that have different results be called equal?)

Anyway, let's introduce this great big change:
"As for the frustation, I understand it: why even bother with the old recipes
- the items you get are useless"

So now we can make useless items more than once a week and use a lot of items to do it! Yay, let's change this ASAP! No more frustration, woohoo!

What happened to logic? :hmf:

A and B are both 600+ recipes, and thereby equal.

I never said the CD should be removed, I said it should be the same for all 600 recipes.

You ask for logic.... but what is the logic in the current way? Two 600+ recipes for each craft with CD's, while one does not have a CD? You call that logical?

Pankreas PorFavor

A and B are both 600+ recipes, and thereby equal.

A1+A2 produce a weapon, B produces a buff, thereby they are equal?
A1 and A2 give points in the range 600-650, B gives them from 600 to 700 points, thereby they are equal?
They have one thing in common, but that doesn't make them equal.

You ask for logic.... but what is the logic in the current way? Two 600+ recipes for each craft with CD's, while one does not have a CD? You call that logical?

Because the purpose of those recipes (or the products they produce) is different, and one can even be considered as a reply to requests to have the cooldown removed for those who want to level up faster, I see no problem with this setup or it's logic.