600 level recipe 7 day limit too restrictive

DeletedUser35533

This has EVERYTHING to do with what you get from crafting, that's why the cooldown is there.

why not move the cooldown from crafting onto the "Knight in shining Armor" questline, make it a 1 month cooldown for the weapons without interfering with crafting.

DeletedUser31239

This has EVERYTHING to do with what you get from crafting, that's why the cooldown is there.

Well one thing you don't get easily for sure with the current setup and crafting at the high level, is getting crafting points!!
4 weeks crafting with the 7 day cooling down period in between with my green recipes and not 1 crafting point!

We have decided now this is because of the weapon you gain out of it, so why i am being punished and painlessly been made wait, and I dont have a 1 in 4 chance of getting a crafting point at the minute :(

LOL you sick people see that as a challenge, can we have a banging my head off the wall quest would be on par with this.

Pankreas PorFavor

Well one thing you don't get easily for sure with the current setup and crafting at the high level, is getting crafting points!!
4 weeks crafting with the 7 day cooling down period in between with my green recipes and not 1 crafting point!

didn't you say a couple of times that it's not about having 650 crafting points as soon as possible?

The point of this is not that we need to level faster.

and can you explain how exactly are you "punished" if you have 601, and not 650 crafting points?

DeletedUser31239

didn't you say a couple of times that it's not about having 650 crafting points as soon as possible?

I did, I also said that wanted achievable goals. This isn't functioning correctly the way it is. I am looking for a happy medium.
NOTE: Please see original post.

and can you explain how exactly are you "punished" if you have 601, and not 650 crafting points?

I am being punished cause I feel like I am achieving nothing! I am talking about Game play here and how this is functioning, I always have been from the very beginning.
And in a weeks time if i don't get another craft point, I will feel let down and like a achieved nothing again. If the 7 day restriction wasn't there then I would take it as it comes, green recipes in this case are fair game. So I see the way it is currently configured is completely adding nothing to crafting what so ever only a complete road block to people to stay the hell away from it cause the work put in has little reward.

Pankreas PorFavor

I did, I also said that wanted achievable goals.

There are hundreds of players out there who achieved it, and many that reached not only 650, but 700 points.
Achievable? Yes it is. So, let's put that "argument" aside.

This isn't functioning correctly the way it is. I am looking for a happy medium.

Correctly? Who says what is correct in this case? You don't like it, I do. Some people will agree with you, some will agree with me. This is about personal preference, not about right or wrong. One more "argument" to put aside.

I am being punished cause I feel like I am achieving nothing! I am talking about Game play here and how this is functioning, I always have been from the very beginning.

Nothing? You get an item, or maybe even two if you're lucky. That's not nothing. You want more? Sure, that's perfectly OK. But just like you said - you "feel" it. That's not an absolute right or wrong, this is your personal feeling and preference in the way how you would like to see this part of the game designed. Some people disagree. You are not wrong, but those who disagree aren't wrong too. To quote you - it's about feelings, and those are personal and don't have an absolute value.

And in a weeks time if i don't get another craft point, I will feel let down and like a achieved nothing again.

You mean, like getting mojo out of a loot chest after you worked hard for 5000 veteran points? Like saving bonds for months, buying a premium chest and getting Owen's tie that you can buy for 50k on the market? Like saving nuggets for months, just to spend them on an 800 nugget spin on the tombola - and receive a reskill potion while others get chests on a free spin? Oh yeah, life is unfair, and so is this game.

If the 7 day restriction wasn't there then I would take it as it comes, green recipes in this case are fair game. So I see the way it is currently configured is completely adding nothing to crafting what so ever only a complete road block to people to stay the hell away from it cause the work put in has little reward.

The reward for you is reaching 650 points. I accept and understand that. I like to achieve such goals in this game too. And I did - 3 years ago when it was even harder (Remember the job system when we couldn't choose the duration of a job? Working 2h for one piece of coal? Fun times, eh?).

But again, you did not offer a single solid argument why it should be faster or easier to reach this goal today except that you "feel" disappointed when you don't get a crafting point. Well, go back to my first sentence in this post - it was the same for hundreds of other players who did it already or are still doing it. Reaching maximum crafting points is not easy (and it shouldn't be easy), but with the addition of new recipes we got a new way to do it. Yes, it is a very hard new way, but at least you got the alternative that others before you did not have. If I remember correctly from one of your other posts, you are at 643 points now. 2-3 months and you will be at 650. Or maybe you will catch the recipe on the market and make ammo slides and be at 700 points by the end of this month. In any case, it takes time, but it is achievable. There are disappointments on the way, but this game is not only rewards all the way, some time we fail.

DeletedUser31239

Wow you always make it sound soooo easy Pankreas!
Ammo slide on the market are you kidding me!!
I am 643 and 2-3 months to make 650, I have spent a month and I haven't made 1 craft, that logic adds up alight!
Why did people want times on job to be quicker, cause they "felt" it was a joke having to work an hour for a piece of coal.
I feel it is a joke working for a month and not getting a craft point!!!

And can you please drop this argument of the "people before me", I am playing the game 5 years and everything you mentioned I have experienced.

Lets keep using the job changes as example since you brought it up, as far as I can see, just because you spent so many hours to collect single pieces of goal, you don't want it to change now because you can't handle the idea of people getting coal in a 10 minute job.
That has been your only issue from the beginning!!

Once again read my original post, I have long list of lubricious stuff that exists at crafting at this level. And i know you have a single line answer for each of them, but put them altogether and crafting at this level is stuck in the mud. FULL STOP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pankreas PorFavor

I've been polite, but it seems this is a very emotional topic for you.
Since your emotions, anger and frustration, got the best of you, there is no point using arguments and facts. I know you don't understand what it means when people ask for something to be changed from what it has always been and always worked for majority of players (you and crafting) compared to messing up a perfectly working job system and then returning it to the previous state (my example with job times that were broken and then repaired). You would need a cool head for that.

There are a lot of things you can't or won't understand. I can go back to the previous posts like you say, or you can list them again, whatever - they will still be just ridiculous ramblings of an angry frustrated player. I am sorry about your feelings, I would rather see you enjoy the game. So, if it was in my power, I would award you with position #1 in all categories - crafting, duels, experience, money, items... whatever you want, just so your feelings don't get hurt. The current crafting system is ridiculous because it would take you 19 years to make a level 5 Pete's Remington. Yes, great argument. The current chests/boxes system is ridiculous because it would take a few million dollars to make a level 5 Chief Gall's tomahawk. I don't know who says that we have to have these items upgraded to level 5, but hey, Coravian feels we need them, so that should be changed. If something works for hundreds or thousands of players, it should be changed because one of them got frustrated with an unlucky crafting streak. He got Pete's Remington for his 4 weeks of crafting, but that is not enough he also feels he must get the crafting points too. Yes, those are "hard cold facts", indisputable, there's no discussion about it - just go to his post and read it again! :hmf: Someone's feelings were hurt, the game should be redesigned! Yeah, right...

Btw. if I make it sound "soooo easy", maybe it really is. I am at 700 crafting points now, and I reached 650 years ago. I also know a lot of people in the exact same situation - maybe there's something wrong with the way you play, what do you think?

Last edited:

asdf124

I've been polite, but it seems this is a very emotional topic for you.
Since your emotions, anger and frustration, got the best of you, there is no point using arguments and facts. I know you don't understand what it means when people ask for something to be changed from what it has always been and always worked for majority of players (you and crafting) compared to messing up a perfectly working job system and then returning it to the previous state (my example with job times that were broken and then repaired). You would need a cool head for that.

There are a lot of things you can't or won't understand. I can go back to the previous posts like you say, or you can list them again, whatever - they will still be just ridiculous ramblings of an angry frustrated player. I am sorry about your feelings, I would rather see you enjoy the game. So, if it was in my power, I would award you with position #1 in all categories - crafting, duels, experience, money, items... whatever you want, just so your feelings don't get hurt. The current crafting system is ridiculous because it would take you 19 years to make a level 5 Pete's Remington. Yes, great argument. The current chests/boxes system is ridiculous because it would take a few million dollars to make a level 5 Chief Gall's tomahawk. I don't know who says that we have to have these items upgraded to level 5, but hey, Coravian feels we need them, so that should be changed. If something works for hundreds or thousands of players, it should be changed because one of them got frustrated with an unlucky crafting streak. He got Pete's Remington for his 4 weeks of crafting, but that is not enough he also feels he must get the crafting points too. Yes, those are "hard cold facts", indisputable, there's no discussion about it - just go to his post and read it again! :hmf: Someone's feelings were hurt, the game should be redesigned! Yeah, right...

Btw. if I make it sound "soooo easy", maybe it really is. I am at 700 crafting points now, and I reached 650 years ago. I also know a lot of people in the exact same situation - maybe there's something wrong with the way you play, what do you think?

I am about 600 points in tonic peddler, my toon is gonna be two years old this year in September.

I don't mind if they change it or leave it as it is, however, I think there should be more important things to fix and more mobile compatibility to fort fights.

I will abstain from voting for this since it doesn't actually matter and it would be insane to see a level 70 with rank 5 Harper Axe.(up to 900 damage min hit is insane for level 70 or 64 premium soldier)

DeletedUser31239

what do you think?

Nothing more to say Pankreas, we both disagreed in the Brain farts topic and we both still disagree now, so I think we both agree to disagree :)

I would just like to hear more and more different peoples thoughts on the topic.
Since its very clear where we both stand on it, lets not clutter it.
More people thoughts please?

DeletedUser

I prefer they leave it as it is.

Of course, I liked it much better before 2.0 where you had to have positive labor points to even do a job, none of this opening jobs based on character level nonsense.

There is no real importance to crafting level after level 600 except for bragging rights as the last three available recipes for each crafting group are available at level 600. And as crafting level is only about bragging rites for this level, why should it be made easier to get these levels. Others have earned their levels on the 7 day wait method.

For full disclosure, I'm at level 625 and have got there by doing the canned beans, hottest chili method, as I am too cheap to pay the market price for honey press. :)

DeletedUser36192

I prefer they leave it as it is.

Of course, I liked it much better before 2.0 where you had to have positive labor points to even do a job, none of this opening jobs based on character level nonsense.

There is no real importance to crafting level after level 600 except for bragging rights as the last three available recipes for each crafting group are available at level 600. And as crafting level is only about bragging rites for this level, why should it be made easier to get these levels. Others have earned their levels on the 7 day wait method.

For full disclosure, I'm at level 625 and have got there by doing the canned beans, hottest chili method, as I am too cheap to pay the market price for honey press. :)

I honestly don't think it's worth your time to wait out the 7 days to maybe get a crafting point. I just collected for my craft for a few weeks non stop until i finally found the recipe with a friend for a moderate price. Then just spammed the craft and finished up the 700 craft. Sold off a lot of the craft i made at a good price to earn back a bit of what i spent crafting and now i can just craft whatever i want to which is always nice.

DeletedUser26820

I'll vote against it.

As a 5+ year player, unless a toon brings resources to me, I craft exactly and only 3 times per day to satisfy daily task requirement. Made it to level 675 and not ashamed.

I could have raced to level 700, but what's there to gain once there at this time?

Exactly...... NOTHING.

asdf124

I'll vote against it.

As a 5+ year player, unless a toon brings resources to me, I craft exactly and only 3 times per day to satisfy daily task requirement. Made it to level 675 and not ashamed.

I could have raced to level 700, but what's there to gain once there at this time?

Exactly...... NOTHING.

Shush dei, don't spoil it, it is a special nothing. He will invite us to his home, buy tickets etc for his party of reaching 700.......

On topic, your idea can be passed but I don't think it should have any priority versus other game issues and improvements.

DeletedUser31239

Ok I have new one to add to the long list I had at the start of this forum thread.
It appears that when you are over level 650, it is actually no longer possible to ever get a crafting point unless you have the new recipe.
For me that is the elusive Craft Ammunition Slide that is pretty impossible to get.

Seriously Inno are trying to put people off crafting completely at this level!!

For gods sake, do something with the 7 days limit and at least let us enjoy at least being able to complete a quest out of it.
I have seen a solution suggested here which I think is better than any of the suggestions I made:
Remove the 7 day restriction from crafting and add the 7 day restriction to the quest itself.

Btw all those people that thought I was looking to get this done because I wanted to level quickly, that has been squashed now cause its looks like I will never level again unless I get that new recipe. AND I still feel the 7 day restriction is way too laborious in crafting itself.

Pankreas PorFavor

I just don't understand how so many other players made it to 700 crafting points, how so many have found the recipes they needed, but you can not...
If almost everyone else can do it, but you can't, there must be something wrong with the game and it needs to be changed. That is the only reasonable explanation. Or not...?

DeletedUser31239

Everyone in World 11 where I play, have said they have found it quite impossible to find the recipe needed. I know of maybe 3 people that have it in my Alliance. Maybe you can enlighten me more with some of your experiences but are you saying so it is not hard at all to find the new recipe?
Its just all in my head then is it?
Once again also there is a lack of logic here, the new recipe should have been level 650 if this is what was intended.
Why should 2 of the 600 recipes provide no crafting points but another can??

Pankreas PorFavor

I am saying exactly what I wrote above, not more, not less. Did I say it is easy? No. Did I say it is hard? Yes, many times in the posts from a few months ago. Did I also say many people did it? Sure. I found these $9500 recipes a couple of times myself. I think 4 times in AZ and 3 times in beta. There are many people selling lanterns, ghostly music, ammo slides in Arizona. I could sell honey, but I don't find it interesting to invest my time in collecting the products. I have no idea what your alliance looks like in W11, but in AZ we don't have the problem with getting these high level crafted products from our crafters. Maybe AZ has many more pure traders than W11?

Lack of logic with recipes? Sure, why not. Why is a chopping board green from 50 points and then grey at 100, and travel bag is gold from 0 to 100? Why are Create gem-studded saddle pommel and Repair a saddle different? Both start at 450, one changes at 475, the other does not. It seems to me there's nothing new with the 600 point recipes here, it follows the same pattern... Why does the new one give points more easy? Because it is harder to find? Because people complained how hard it is to level up in crafting, and they gave us a new (I admit it, also very hard) way to do it?

In any case, maybe it's time to reskill to pure trader, use those premium medals and/or free nuggets and try to find the recipe. You may get rich in the process.

DeletedUser31239

Pankreas can you for a second just think I kinda know what I talking about too. Please just give me that before you read any further.
Cause you keep just throwing random things at me without even understanding what my situation is.

btw yes you did say it was easy by saying "If almost everyone else can do it, but you can't, there must be something wrong with the game"

NOW I am pure trader. And I have spent months searching but yet no success. Also I am prem in everything!

So to once again, to try and keep this on topic, I know all these things have been done to make it harder and that is not my issue. I accept all these things, I know how the game works!

Its the 7 day limit, that I think at this point with all the hard things already to do with crafting, just needs to be ripped out of there and put on the quest!
Thats it, nothing more.