$500 bug?

DeletedUser3543

I have a level 98 pure hider in W7.

Doing a 2 hour job on Ambush or Burglary - 520lp and 427lp respectively - with 100% motivation, should yield me in excess of $500, according to the box when setting the job up.

However, I have NEVER earned $500 doing either of those jobs, with the maximum earnt being $496 for two hours.

Is this a bug in the game, or is there some kind of earnings limit for non premium players?

DeletedUser1121

The problem is that the $500 is based on 100% motivation.
When you finished a job, your motivation will be less then 100% (something like 95).
the money you earn is calculated on this motivation.

DeletedUser8627

After the 2 hours from 100% motivation, you will get money from 94% motivation. This is why you see the decrease in money.

DeletedUser

Well can´t this be changed so you will recive the exact amount shown? You always get lower than it shows. Or will it always be like this?

DeletedUser8627

I see it always being like this because you have to work to get the money. Think of it maybe as tax.

DeletedUser

I see.. Just like in real life you get lower money than it first was.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
It's there as motivation just like it says, if it wasn't there we'd do the same job over and over again :p
If motivation was calculated at the start you could get the full amount first time.

DeletedUser

It's not just cash XP too :( though the strang thing is i've only noticed this change in the last week. I'm guessing always been like it.

DeletedUser3543

Ah.... that would make sense.

However, why is it, that the labour points for a job count when the job is initiated, but the motivation calculation is used when the job is completed. Just seems a little inconsistent to work it out that way - I'm aware that it's always been this way.

DeletedUser1121

Actually, that isn't right.
The LP you have is being looked at at the end of a job.
You need a certain amount of LP to do a job.
Once you queued that job, you can change clothes, as long as you don't go below the minimum of that job.
Once you have finished the job, there will be a calculation based on the LP you have at that moment. That doesn't need to be the same as at the start of the job.

DeletedUser1121

This isn't a bug, but works as designed.
But seeing the reactions it got, this thread will be moved to saloon where you can discuss this further.

DeletedUser

Correction about the LP and job part. LP's are still checked at the time you queue up a job. The other part is true about changing clothes and there is that requirement that no job in the queue can go below 0 LP or it won't let you change clothes. Jobs aren't like traveling though, where it checks mount when you get there, you will get reward as when you queued up the job.

Two easy ways to test this.

1. Construct something, it says 'Construction points: 929' in the job queue. If you take away all clothes you will still construct for that amount when you finish. (well 40% of it minus motivation).

2. Queue up hunting grizzly with 80 points and then change so you land on 0 LP if you can. I would never advise someone to hunt grizzlies with 0 LP since you would end up taking over 600 damage. However, if you get hurt in this scenario you will still get hit for about 5 damage or so.

It's not just these numbers, but they are at least easier to test. I've gotten loots near the top end and which would have been several hundred outside of range after switching clothes, but it would be bothersome to test. Possibly best bet is transport ammunition with a character that almost can reach the job while naked and then you equip full mexican set and switch to something that gives you 0 or just above. Should hopefully find an item if you had 150 energy to test with and able to queue up 8 jobs. There are other jobs to test with of course, that was the first example that came to mind.

DeletedUser3543

Hmmmmmmm.

What other dastardly forces are in effect in these calculations?

Even at 94% motivation - just after a 2 hour job ended - I was showing as being able to earn $502 for a further two hour job.

So, assuming the calculation is done at the END of the first two hour job - when I only had 94% motivation - why did I only earn $486 and not the $502?

Job was Burglary on World 7, with +427 labour points.