4x pretzels for generals

Harsha..

As with most things in life, people do things because they give some sort of rewards and benefits. People fight in fort battles, for the bonds, pretzels and fun. But, the most critical person in a FF, the General, who starts the battle and does all the legwork to make it possible gets the same rewards as everyone else. At best, the reward is symbolic, the chance to name the fort, increase in town ranking, etc. A few like leading, but not many.

As a result, of the low rewards versus the work involved, we are seeing fewer generals and people are relcutant to dig, seeing it as more like a chore and prefer to rely on the effort of others. My proposal is to make it rewarding to lead a battle, by giving the General more rewards, say, double the bonds, 50% of all the cash dropped in the fight and maybe, 4 times the pretzels. This way, more and more people will start digging battles and worlds across the server will suddenly become more active again.

Some may point out this can lead to misuse and multis. But, you get the maximum rewards only if many people show up for your battle. If only a few show up, the rewards will not be much. So, Generals will have to focus on getting the numbers to make the rewards special.

What do you guys feel about this new approach? - I'd like an informal discussion, before actually making it into a proposal in Ideas forum

Pankreas PorFavor

it would require a change in the ranking system, because not all Generals are actually doing all that you described, and also a lot of what you described is done by other people too. receiving a General rank is automatic because of your town rank, right? if it's implemented as is, it could mean that an offliner who didn't do anything would get extra rewards.
also, how many times did you receive a whisper from a non-general that invites you to battle? how many times did you buy a fort buff from them? how many times did you participate in a battle where the actual leader was someone with a captain rank, people from the owning town didn't even show up, etc. etc.?
I am not saying that it's a bad idea, anything that improves activity is great, but I can't think of a way to implement this without extra development, and Inno will never invest the time :(

Harsha..

Yes, I have thought about that -

1. basically, the person who digs the battle - the one who goes to fort and digs will get the rewards. In theory, it shouldn't be difficult to tweak and put in. The other generals, who didn't dig won't get any special rewards

2. If a case emerges where some individuals dig battles and never actually lead, the community will easily sort it out by not going to that person's digs. If I dig but I'm unable to lead and someone else leads, I can very easily make it up by getting that other person to dig and me leading for them. Communication can solve that issue easily

3. As for the other points - as I said, people can take turns to dig primetime battles and get the rewards. If there's someone in the alliance who has contributed a LOT, but can never lead, I would be happy to let them dig and lead for them to allow them to get the rewards every now and then.

I know, things look bleak in idea implementation, but, a man's gotta try, try, try, doesn't he? :)

Harsha..

The rewards could be split between the defending generals who happens to be online. Or they could develop an AI system which analyses what is said in chat and rewards the person who talks the most :p

Seriously speaking, it's just too complicated. Keeping it simple would be to reward the attacking general alone

People on all worlds have found ways to cooperate. We have multi agreements and primetime and digging days. If this level of cooperation is possible, it won't be difficult at all to make it work out and give everyone a shot at the rewards

Pankreas PorFavor

With this plan there will be a lot of multis... :rolleyes:

not if it's implement it correctly. 4x nothing is still nothing. a battle with just a few players on each side that ends before round 10 = no pretzels. 4 x 0 = 0. and then there's no need for a multi.