4Chan Bags Another One

DeletedUser

I think 4Chan is a glowing example of the great things us interwebers can do with our massive community. I say hooray for 4Chan.

LOL are you for real? please tell me i just took the bait :hmf:

While I may personally browse 4Chan with fellow triforcers, I dont think directing people to the board by having posts like this on The West forum is really correct.

I also would not use 4Chan as any kind of moral compass :blink: let alone put it up as a moral crusader for animal rights.

DeletedUser

LOL are you for real? please tell me i just took the bait :hmf:

While I may personally browse 4Chan with fellow triforcers, I dont think directing people to the board by having posts like this on The West forum is really correct.

I also would not use 4Chan as any kind of moral compass :blink: let alone put it up as a moral crusader for animal rights.
Rules 1 and 2 newf... Mr Annan.

DeletedUser

lol im too old for the internet.

thought rules 1 and 2 where for /b/ only.

faceplam, fall in love you lose etc etc epic fail. im finished. love you all.

please whatever you do, do not let the impressionable who play this game find 4chan.

lots of love Anon

DeletedUser

Glad to see at least one person bothered to read my tiny wall of text ;)

Honestly this one example of internet intervention is not the bigg issue here,
internet vigilantism as a whole is and should thusly be the focus of debate.

I agree with you. I would go further than to just say internet vigilantism though. Any sort has the potential to get out of control very quickly. The problem lies in people feeling as if they are doing the right thing or protecting the innocent. Anytime you have someone with strong convictions, chaos is sure to ensue. The saying about good intentions is true.

It's a dangerous bag no matter how your emotions and your convictions justify it at the time. It gets even worse when you add mob mentality to the mix.

DeletedUser26406

My personal belief is that all life is equivalent and throwing those puppies into a river is the equivalent to throwing human babies in there too. I think 4Chan is a glowing example of the great things us interwebers can do with our massive community. I say hooray for 4Chan.

Persons that believe the human life is worth less then a dogs...clearly shows the total lake of scene in todays population!
True you should not be cruel and I believe it is wrong to throw pups away,but to take it to the extreme were you literally would die for your cat...is stupidity!
One man was asked once"If you had to choose who to save your father or your dog" H answered"I would save my dog!"
This is america the PETA!
Real soon we'll have a dog in the senate.(like rome) and then a do/cow/pig/cat/animal president.
You think Obama is bad this is worse!
btw a roman king put his horse in the senate soon before the collapce of Rome.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Okey, but let me ask you this: Would you rather save a total stranger or a pet from a burning building?

Because I would save my pet without even considering the other option.

DeletedUser26406

I also don't.
I'm asking a senareo to see just how far america has gone.

DeletedUser

To what purpose? It's not even relevant to the real issue here.
This isn't really about dogs, cats, animal cruelty or such.
It's about internet vigilantism, and it isn't, then it should be.

I find it strange that so few seem to think and/or care about the subject.

DeletedUser

I would save the stranger.
I'm sorry helping your dog is selfish,

Explain me how am I being selfish? I would suffer a lot more psychological pain by loosing a being who is close to me. Yet why should I choose to save the strange and hurt myself more by doing so?

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Explain me how am I being selfish? I would suffer a lot more psychological pain by loosing a being who is close to me. Yet why should I choose to save the strange and hurt myself more by doing so?

Are you asking how you are being selfish, or why you shouldn't be selfish? Because it looks like you've asked both.

DeletedUser26406

ok fine so I'm a nerd...everbody feel better...and hey 10 free rep for me !