3the key

DeletedUser

I hope someone can help me maybe i do something wrong.
Here is the problem.
I really need the 3the key yes i got the first and the second key.
Now i heard that grave robber is the only job to find that key.
Now i have 955 aditional labour points on top the 266 to do the job and i got full premium also.
And got also 2% extra luck from 2 items i wearing.
And still dont get the key.
Do i need to do the job till it drops or do i need to do diff strategie.
I hope someone can help me.
Greathings ed.

DeletedUser22685

Just keep doing it until it drops. It's probably wise to keep your motivation above 80% or so.

DeletedUser

IT took me a couple of months to find it. Just keep at it.

DeletedUser

I have now 1232 additional points to do the job and still it wont drop.
Thinking off quit that thing and go on because now iam pure motor skilled build and cant do that much jobs also.
I give it this mounth and then sorry but :censored: that stupid key.
Then i do without that stupid gun so be it.
Man i wich i was an admin i give myself that stupid gun at lvl 1 to myself.hahahahaha

DeletedUser

Man, if only admins could do that ... but sorry to break your bubble: they can't! :)

DeletedUser

Doing now over 3 mounths grave digger job every day 4 hours and still no drop.
Think iam not that lucky huh?:(
See some players walking around with that nice gun at lvl 80.
And iam 110 and still walking around with a babygun:blink:
Maybe that advent calander give me that 3th key who knows:laugh:

DeletedUser

Doing now over 3 mounths grave digger job every day 4 hours and still no drop.
Think iam not that lucky huh?:(
See some players walking around with that nice gun at lvl 80.
And iam 110 and still walking around with a babygun:blink:
Maybe that advent calander give me that 3th key who knows:laugh:

Just to make sure... are you working 'grave robber' or 'digging graves'?

/Edlit

DeletedUser

Just to make sure... are you working 'grave robber' or 'digging graves'?

/Edlit

lol how funny he said he has been looking for key and pure fms how do u expect a lvl 110 to work on digging graves to get 3rd when he is not a noob lol

DeletedUser

O adlit yes you right i need to do grave robber instead of grave digger;)
WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?
Me as pure motor skilled build now also nr1 rank in fms go check if you dont believe.
613 skillpoints on fms and then doing grave digger??????:laugh:
Ofcourse i mean grave robber to find that :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:3the key.
Have now max luck off 2682-8048 and 2% additional luck from 2 items i wear.
Full premium and as caracter adventurer so it woud be very easy for me but nope:hmf:
Think iam not suppos to have that gun.:(
Also doing it no more then 4 hours each day and prey before doing each hour that job.
Really why it wont drop.
Well after december and it still wont drop i dont want it any more.
Ill stick to the precise winchester.
Greathings ed.

DeletedUser22685

Full premium and as caracter adventurer so it woud be very easy for me but nope:hmf:

The only thing you're doing wrong is making that assumption.

It's definitely not easy for anyone. Some people get it in the first few hours, some people take months, even longer than you. You just have to persevere, I know how frustrating it can be. Just make sure your motivation is always above 80-85%, that will increase the drop chance dramatically.

Another tip is to contain your aggression towards people that try to help you.

DeletedUser

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, I just wanted to make sure (I have never seen you ingame so there is no way for me to just know that you are a veteran player). I have been frustrated by a quest recently just to find out I was doing the wrong job.

Well, I am sorry you feel you have to give up, from what I understand (and that is only from reading, as Colorado will be my first world where I try to get the key) it can take ages.

Otoh, I think that you have some good jobs available to you (ofc depending on your gear) that you could use to keep leveling and earning money from, things like:
- hunting grizzly bears
- pick indigo
- mine lead
- catch crabs
- mine saltpeter
- robbing settlers
- collect eagle feathers

Also it is my understanding that you could move some SP's from FMS to other things and still be within range of the 3rd key - using the calculator over at tw-db it seems you could move up to ~130 SP from FMS into other stuff, which would allow you to vary your jobs, do some range dueling or fort fighting (this is assuming ~120 AP and ~380 SP).

I really hope you do find a way for you to keep your motivation up (and I'm not talking ingame here) to find your 3rd key!

/Edlit

DeletedUser

welll your case is different i have searched for like 4-6months now no 3rd key 875lp in grave robbing and i still didn't quit it is bad that some poeple will this same job and find it withing and hours an others more than 3 months i hate the luck factor in finding something it does sux.

DeletedUser

i hate the luck factor in finding something it does sux.

How could the key possibly be made to drop without the luck factor? Do you think everyone should get it on their first try?

DeletedUser

Dunno what does he think, but I say yes.
The West for whatever reason took the cheesy luck factor approach in getting quest items originally introduced into games with MMOs. You'll never see such thing in a singleplayer RPG. If you're about to receive somewhere an unique quest item - you'll receive it 100% unless there is a bug involved. In MMOs, if you want to get an unique quest item, start grinding! Maybe you'll get it, maybe you won't. Most probably your "enemies" will get it faster than you.

The final result? Apart from The West, there is no other MMO that can keep me occupied playing it more than 2-3 days. Although The West questsystem includes the lame questitem approach in many cases, it actually redeems itself with other questitems that you receive without grinding plus other nonrelated to questdesign stuff in the game.

Is it possible to improve the system, actually change it to 100% probability of quest item drop and still keep getting questitems pretty hard? Yes it is. How? Either make the questitem obtainable by some high ingame cash amount, or "hide" the luck factor like in some recent quests by forcing players into collecting hundreds of products - in the case of the key#3 those should be products with low dropchance on complicated jobs like buffalo bill.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

With products now auctionable I do not see your idea as a good one sorry. The luck factor of it keeps it at a more rare level than anything else would.

DeletedUser

Yea, it's so rare and hard to get that half of my town on w13 had gold gun before the rest of w13 got the first second one. We got lucky? Nah.

But no matter, perhaps you saw hundreds of roses at the market to buy... I certainly didn't, which doesn't mean I'll keep the idea. Forget whatever I posted above for all I care as there are so many good games out there to have fun with instead of wasting time on something that might never drop. Singleplayer ones though... But well, nothing is perfect. :)

DeletedUser

To edlit.

Yes i do these jobs
- hunting grizzly bears
- pick indigo
- mine lead
- catch crabs
- mine saltpeter
- robbing settlers
- collect eagle feathers
And also i go for the daily quest in combination with some of these jobs.
Otherwise it woud be a very slow grinding up the levels.
Doing also 24 hours a day the jobs wich means i burn nuggets like hell.
All that i can do i do but not sure when to stop and say ok this is the end?:huh:
The only thing i dont like being pure fms build is that you cant do fights because your build is terrible for that alwell fortfights are also out off the question:(.
Thats why i hope i find that stupid key soon so i can join a town do some fort fights and find the swearen belt maybe.
O and to joxertm i did found a rose long time ago with the job build pallisades.
Maybe a hint for the rest?
Its still in my inventory and not sure what to do with it.
Greathings ed.

O btw edlit you forgot the job serving in the army thats also nice job to do at my build now.:p

DeletedUser

The only thing i dont like being pure fms build is that you cant do fights because your build is terrible for that alwell fortfights are also out off the question

Only because you have no hp.

DeletedUser

YES YES YES I FOUND IT FINALY:laugh::):laugh::):D:laugh::D:)
IAM SO HAPPY NOW.

DeletedUser

congratz we found 3rd key at the same day lol very strange today must be a good day for luck