2022 Awesomia battle initiative -- Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer Bonnie

Why do towns need to hold forts for years? Some forts havent had a fight in them in 2 years or more. Soo many people complain about fort ownership and a dominant alliance holding forts. Wouldn't something like this even the playing field again? If once a year noone owned forts and we could start the fort race over again? Maybe even also reset them back to 0 build.

DeletedUser15368

Why do towns need to hold forts for years? Some forts havent had a fight in them in 2 years or more. Soo many people complain about fort ownership and a dominant alliance holding forts. Wouldn't something like this even the playing field again? If once a year noone owned forts and we could start the fort race over again? Maybe even also reset them back to 0 build.
- An alliance dominated all forts on a world.
- All forts are made neutral.
- The dominant alliance takes all the forts again.

You need systemic change to balance a world like that, the responsibility for which lies with the fort alliance leaders and their ability to conduct diplomacy. Resetting the forts won't fix any of your problems.

Killer Bonnie

That isn't necessarily the case Alliance leaders moved from both sides of the battle field The people that actually did dominate the forts the world is not a priority to them anymore they are all focused elsewhere and only 1 person digs battles because Noone else wants to

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
@ Goober What if you could reset / ghost all the forts once a year? Don't you do something similar to this for event worlds? If forts could be reset / ghosted (this means actually stripped of any ownership and put back into play ) once a year then Noone would be able to dominate them .
there really isn't a mechanism for vacating forts back to the grey-take-via-building form. At best a fort can be lowered to 1/0 across the board and assigned to a GM town.

Killer Bonnie

They do it for speed worlds dont they? I mean lets look at it like this Somewhere someone said it is wrong to own soo many forts Towns own forts not alliances I could gift you my towns 8 forts Goober but that wouldnt be enough to balance out the ownership across the board I cant gift forts that other towns own even though I am the alliance leader The dominating town that owns the most forts has slipped into the background doesnt prioritize this world anymore and doesnt care about politics - dominance in my alliance as far as fort ownership was inherited as other leaders left. Even my own town leaders told everyone to pack it up and go to new world and did so themselves I was only 4 ish to 5 months old in the game
Somewhere someone implied that 4 alliances should own forts - well where I play we cant make new leaders come forward there is 1 alliance forting and the other alliance basically just defending and no leadership will come forward How are we supposed to make 2 - 4 alliances with only 1 person is willing to be any kind of leader on the board, again significant leaders left and others simply will not step up even in my own alliance There are still plenty of players that are experienced and have the ability to dig rank and lead ffs They only want to tell me what they think I should do without taking any action them selves or any responsibilty for their own inactions .
Somewhere someone said it is wrong to gift forts Well at least we had a second alliance that would at least defend forts and I could dig if I won I returned the fort, again we cant make people do what they dont want to do If there is only 1 person willing to be any kind of leader we cant really make that into 2 - 4 can we? Soo I gifted forts back to keep battles going and only dug every other day while begging for long over a year for a second leader. When I stepped up to be a leader I never wanted to be the only leader I thought it was a shared thing but all the leaders that were there just vanished into the background leaving me to be the only. Someone from my alliance has volunteered to be a leader and try to form an opponent alliance but even he is struggling for support its been months now and its not because they are all in my alliance but for some reason opponents will not even organize Plenty of people still want to fort fight but none wants to dig rank and lead That volunteer is doing it out of necessity he also doesnt really want to do it but at least he is trying We have been through people boycotting battles resistance from every direction shrinking player base due to new worlds opening Now the world has more freelance players on it than there are fort fighters in the main alliances I had left my alliance and tried to do the same thing this other player is doing but I wasnt give as much of a chance as he seems to be given I couldnt take how abusive players got and returned back to my alliance Then someone had said why does here have to be sides so 2 others stepped out of my alliance and I gifted them both some forts as non alliance affiliated towns and we had some everyone has free choice battles These battles would not have been possible if you make some rule that a freelance town cant own forts What about a town that owns forts and leaves their alliance to be independent They dont have equal opportunity to own forts? Just because they no longer want to be in either fort alliance? The world is actually more dominated now by freelance players than it is players in regular alliances That worked for a little while all but 3 of us had free choice but it didnt last long and people started seeing those battles as insignificant 1 of those volunteers has joined the other and that guy is still struggling to gain support to keep battles going It is really up to everyone not just 1 or 2 people or 1 alliance or 1 or 2 towns. We never recovered from Las Vegas opening it has been a fight all year just to have fort fights happening.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
They do it for speed worlds dont they?
I haven't seen that aside from completely resetting a world. I know that I am unable to do it and there is no mechanism for a normal mod to do it. Perhaps a CM can, but I doubt it.

Somewhere someone said it is wrong to gift forts
I believe this is more of a "gifting forts is often abusive; a form of self-dealing" -- that is, gifting forts often is (perceived as) just giving the fort owner an opportunity to farm stats by giving them something to attack that no one will seriously defend. Now, in practice this is a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy -- the perceived weaker side declines invites, or otherwise boycotts with some ~"higher purpose" of trying to get the other side to split up, but nothing ever comes of it. It's a social dynamics problem that is impossible to solve with the game mechanics as they are.

The best I can offer is what I am planning to do on colorado after the new levels come out and likely throw the balance completely out of wack:

Organize some Sheriff John battles with pseudo random join restrictions that try to find a potential line-up of towns that are ostensibly balanced, with hopes that a balance can indeed be found and that the powers that be elect to form new alliances along those lines.

I will need to see success in this approach on colorado before offering it elsewhere, but my hope is that I will be able to refine the approach to make it a reasonable amount of labor to be willing to offer it to the smaller worlds.

ScarletKisses

Too much to read so forgive me if i am repeating things but pls pls pls can we see better rewards for advent class and other tanks more in line with the Exp damagers get.
For too long there haven't been equal playing field between tanks and damagers and now No-one wants to choose them because they get way more reward being damagers.
Tanks are just as important and deserve better rewards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.