"2021 Plans"

RaiderTr

Well, apparently and unsurprisingly 2020 plans of Inno for The-West became "2021 plans" and still the only thing we hear of is "Level 200"

I hoped they'd give up on that imo dumb idea, but apparently not.
So I hope they adjust (lower) the required Xp jump Level 120-125 onwards. (For reference: https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Experience#Experience_Table)

They vaguely mention "other changes" but I hope those include some proper PvP balancing..
As the only thing Higher Max Character limit brings is that.. Even more Power-Creep.. And even bigger Premium gap, which, aka, P2W.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

Grinding for Levels, collector cards, achievements and quests, welcome to The West: formerly 2x browser game of the year for it's amazing PvP.

Can anyone think of one single benefit of raising the level cap? I'd desperately love to be convinced.

This fundamental shift in the game, and in the premium gap, needs to be accompanied by a lot of changes... primarily new PvP formulae, completely re-working all sets, items, quests and jobs in the game to balance for 50 new levels, and migrations to account for the further shrinking in player numbers. However, I feel like all of these things are required in the current state of the game, and that a lot of PvP players are on the edge, and these plans would be most unhelpful.

What would be cool is if the level cap was only increased for speed-world events - and if we actually ran speed world events instead of opening new worlds just to kill off the previous one.

Judging by the plan for 2021, which seems to be "make the players grind as much as we can", I'm actually gonna miss 2020 and moaning about simple things to fix like keeping us prisoner in PvP dead worlds. Let us just hope it isn't rushed through Beta in a week, that we actually get time to scrutinise the negative consequences so they can U-turn or accommodate for them...

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

Achievements, Collections is all they said.
The same things we get every few "update" soo.. Nothing new.

Do they really think they make money via mediocre copy-paste PvE?

Pankreas PorFavor

did anyone try to do the math - how much xp is needed for level 200? I wonder how many of us will just wake up at level 200 after the update.

RaiderTr

Honestly, idk if there is any math behind "Required Xp for next Level" but if there is.. It will need adjusting, as I said.
Basically because, from Level 120-125, the difference becoming a cliff, therefore the duration to Level up increases big time with every Level. (from there, at best, 6 months to reach Level 150)

So if they be dumb enough to (like they are when increasing the Level limit) not soften the big Xp requirement jump Lvl 120-125 onwards..
We will need about 150 million Xp in total to be Level 200. (If my "quick math" is valid)

Your answer then would be... Very few.
Therefore the power-gap between those Very few "chosen ones" and Many "unchosen ones" will be "fun" indeed

NOT :no:

For the reference, Level 150 is something like 22.6m in total and takes about A whole YEAR with hardcore Xp'ing.
So Level 200 would only take 6 more whole years. Ez :roll:
(But of course Inno will make more OP sets, churchers will get more Xp in average so lets round that to 5 years. Kappa)

Last edited:

Zuluski

are the "chosen ones" the ones that have stuck around here for 10 years or longer? What cretins. They should all be burned at the stake.

RaiderTr

Ok, how about "chosen of chosen" (if that makes sense) because even Colorado, which happens to be 9 years old, doesn't have more than 3 people with over 150m Xp.
Meanwhile, another 3 with 140m+ (1 is you :roll:) , 2 with 130m+
and so on.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

Well 340,000,000 is the highest i'm aware of in the game.
Most sane people didn't keep farming exp every day at 100% efficiency for 6-7 years after reaching max level though.

DeletedUser15368

if its 150m exp then im never going to get to max level for another 10 years
There will probably have to be new jobs with more exp, which if the mechanics of jobs are unchanged, will mean you can work them in the early level 100s with a LP set, so it'll speed up the game even more. It seems like such a headache to make a whole new game instead of fixing the one we have.

RaiderTr

In any case getting to Level 200 wont be any shorter than full 3-4 years of Xp'ing , I can guarantee you that :no:

I mean I get that there hasn't been an increase on Max Level for 6 years but I don't see the point other than "keeping players busy" as if non-stop back-to-back Events weren't doing that already.

This game has enough Features & Content as is.. Biggest content being its players..
So why push them out even more by even longer and pointless grind while making Power-Creep & Premium Gap even worse?

Zuluski

When i joined Colorado there we plenty of people on max level, more people joined after me and nobody cried "Power creep: 100 times a day. In fact most played. leveled and some are still around after all those years. We did not have infinite church, we did not have xp sets, regen sets, we all just grinded but i suppose you can call all those people stupid for being so naive. We did not bang our keyboard intro submission complaining that someone out there has so many skill points more, more xp or money because most of us knew that one day we will also be max level but it will have to take time, same as it took everyone else.

Should we have quit when they increased max level to 150? Nobody said a word, people kept on going enjoying this game for what it is and for what we love it including all its faults.

Yet now whatever happens and whatever they do or try to do, there is power creep cry - i am getting the short end of the stick again. Simple truth of the matter is that what you call here for the 1000th time a power creep is the fact that some of the veterans will get more sp's and ap's sooner then you. Stick around and you will get there too, in time, same as all of us did many years ago. Hell knows how this constant power creep lets you sleep at night. So stop thinking only about yourself for once, there are others that have played this game for years on end and are still at it and in no way at all are they less important then you and everyone else that has joined this game after them.

Well done INNO, for all the things that you keep on doing wrong, badly or not at all, like fixing fort fights and PVP aspects of this game, this level increase is a great change. Only hope that it will take everyone a long while to get to 200 instead of half the world getting there in week. What a futile and pointless exercise it would be then. Its gonna be a nice change to have a a new objective in game instead of being subjected to the power creep whine on the daily basis.

bosurker

I'm more so curious as to whether we'll get a new section of the map, or if new jobs will be added to the existing map. If the Level Cap were to increase, as someone previously mentioned above, we'd most likely see new Jobs appear with Experience Rewards that would reflect the LP requirement to complete them. Not to mention a few months into the new system - if people are leveling at a slow enough pace I'm sure they'd just throw in a higher XP Bonus set to the Nug Shop to speed things up. Not happy with either decision, but at the very least I don't think increasing the level cap will necessarily make leveling harder for players that aren't currently 150 - if anything it should speed it up with the addition of higher LP jobs.

RaiderTr

Ah please cut this emotional abuse Zulu and get your facts straight. Or at least learn what "Power-creep" is. (You might find it a very common term..)
If you are telling that in the past no one was "complaining" (or giving feedback as we call it) .. You will just make people laugh.

Inno wasn't listening all the same though. Hence we have much less "complainers" nowadays.
Should we have quit when they increased max level to 150? Nobody said a word, people kept on going enjoying this game for what it is and for what we love it including all its faults.
People should have quitted long before that. Except, they did.

Oh there we have it again.. "Nobody said a word"
Lmao. Memory loss is a terrible thing.

Yea people loved it and thats why we have like %1 or %0.1 (or is it %0.01?) of the previous Player base.

But I will remind you that Level 150 came in 2014 (and Colorado started in 2011). Level Based sets were still new and they can't in any way be compared to the power of Sets we have now.
Town gear/Named items still had some value and all that.
Stick around and you will get there too, in time, same as all of us did many years ago.
Uh huh, like I already did twice?

And.. What were you lying again? You got Level 150 in Colorado within few months after it arrived. As 7th person.
Screenshot_2.png

Of course u also ignore the fact that it will take even longer time to reach Level 200 than Level 150 was. Even with all the OP sets with "Power-creep"
Otherwise whats the point of even increasing the limit?! Waste of precious "Develeopment" time.

Ps. It seems like u think everyone is as "hardcore" as us when it comes to Xp'ing.
So stop thinking only about yourself for once
If you weren't being so biased and were reading carefully, you would know that it's got nothing to do with me.
But let me tell it one more time: I'm always about PvP. And it is horrid as it is. Don't need it any worse.
this level increase is a great change
Oh really? What goodness does it offer other than you can become max Level right away? (Talk of thinking only about oneself :roll:)
I don't think increasing the level cap will necessarily make leveling harder for players that aren't currently 150 - if anything it should speed it up with the addition of higher LP jobs.
We don't claim the opposite.
But can you tell becoming Level 200 will be easier than becoming Level 150 at the moment?!

This game never makes things easier for Newbies but only harder instead. As long as we have Level based sets.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

What if.. They update the "Daily Login Rewards"

Like..
%1 , 3 , 5 , 7 xp instead of %1 , 2 , 3 , 4

And/or
6th and 7th days, giving, 10, 15 nuggets/bonds with little bit Xp.

If 6th and 7th days are added, for 5th day, 5 nuggets/bonds with another %1 Xp.

What if.. They update the "Daily Login Rewards"

Like..
%1 , 3 , 5 , 7 xp instead of %1 , 2 , 3 , 4

And/or
6th and 7th days, giving, 10, 15 nuggets/bonds with little bit Xp.

If 6th and 7th days are added, for 5th day, 5 nuggets/bonds with another %1 Xp.

I agree with you, of all the ideas presented, yours is the most coherent

personally I lost an account with more than 9 years old, so this level increase will resent it a lot,

On the other topic, part of the changes that I think they will have to make in terms of duels would be the following, currently (and I think forever), the range of duel allowed I think is very wide, based on the level of duel (it is 50 duel levels down and 50 up approximately, this is particularly bad when a player level 150 can attack at a level 110 (because they both have their duel level at the same level as their player level), if you increase the maximum levels , you have to consider (as already mentioned before), that all current sets will only be at 75% of their maximum capacity at level 150 if the maximum will be 200),

on fort fights we have actually soldiers with 40k hp, if u increased the level on 50, That implies that we will have 50k hp soldiers and that will not be solved with duelists that do 2k of damage for each normal shot, they should think of something like subdividing the sets (making the low-level sets more powerful and making them cross level barriers like 50, 100, 150 and finally 200 these lose growth to reduce the level gap but still maintain the difference gained in attributes and skills per level (1 atr and 3 skills respectively)

for example, 0 - 50 level the bonus sets raises on x.5, but on the next range 51 to 100 the set only increases on x.4 and on the next range 101 to 150 only gained x.3 and finally on 151 to 200 x.2 (not a uniform rise as we have now, if not one that maintains the advantage of the upper levels but that this advantage is not an exaggeration and is unattainable by the lower levels)

to be more clear:

u gain

1 - 50 (x.5 factor level) range level 25 skills on any skill on some piece set of clothes
51 - 100 (x.4 factor level) u gain 20 skills aditionally to your 25 (45 in total now)
101 - 150 (x.3 factor level) u gain 15 skills aditionally to your 45 (60 in total)
151 - 200 (x.2 factor level) u gain only 10 aditionally to your 60 (70 finally)

This would definitely reduce the negative impact on set point inflation by the new levels but there would still be an acceptable difference and it will give attributes and abilities their deserved place.

In case you have not noticed it yet, in new players the new sets increasingly reduce the importance of the attributes and abilities that they give us at each level, even if you fight without any adjusted attribute and ability, it will only be a small difference of 5k of life in a fort battle because the pure set at level 150 already gives you 12k of life, instead 5 years ago those 5k of life that you had of your own attributes and abilities per level were the most important part of the duel configurations, battles and jobs

and sorry for my dirty English, but all I had to write is too much to sit down and translate manually :D

DeletedUser15368

When i joined Colorado there we plenty of people on max level, more people joined after me and nobody cried "Power creep: 100 times a day. In fact most played. leveled and some are still around after all those years. We did not have infinite church, we did not have xp sets, regen sets, we all just grinded but i suppose you can call all those people stupid for being so naive. We did not bang our keyboard intro submission complaining that someone out there has so many skill points more, more xp or money because most of us knew that one day we will also be max level but it will have to take time, same as it took everyone else.

Yet now whatever happens and whatever they do or try to do, there is power creep cry - i am getting the short end of the stick again. Simple truth of the matter is that what you call here for the 1000th time a power creep is the fact that some of the veterans will get more sp's and ap's sooner then you. Stick around and you will get there too, in time, same as all of us did many years ago. Hell knows how this constant power creep lets you sleep at night. So stop thinking only about yourself for once, there are others that have played this game for years on end and are still at it and in no way at all are they less important then you and everyone else that has joined this game after them.

Well done INNO, for all the things that you keep on doing wrong, badly or not at all, like fixing fort fights and PVP aspects of this game, this level increase is a great change. Only hope that it will take everyone a long while to get to 200 instead of half the world getting there in week. What a futile and pointless exercise it would be then. Its gonna be a nice change to have a a new objective in game instead of being subjected to the power creep whine on the daily basis.

ZD8PTt7.png

So, I've been moaning about power creep since the second tombola made the first obsolete. Power creep isn't "that player is a higher level than me, and has more skills", Power creep is the ever-increasing skill points we're granted from gear, which consequently the 10 year old formulas don't know how to deal with. It's also no longer the case that all classes are roughly equal at max level.

Also for the record I wouldn't be against any of this if the game functioned correctly, or at least in a fair way for all players, regardless of personal wealth or the class they picked many years ago which is now trash tier. There's so much to fix before even considering it, if we're still a PvP game, that is.
I don't think it's a bad plan to fix the parts of the game that people actually play it for, the parts of the game that won it awards in the past, the parts of the game that actually make the game money, and THEN think about adding additional content... And if it turns out it's impossible to balance across all classes for 2021 power-creep and upgraded sets, then we are going to have an even worse time with 50 additional levels worth of skills from your gear.
The absolute BEST solution for everyone would be to go ahead with the level cap increase and whatnot for the-west 2.0, just generally keep mis-managing it as much as they wish (from a PvP perspective, migrations anyone?), while also opening a singular, monetised, Classic world from the World 10 era of the game for PvP players from all markets of the game - then let the free market decide which version sinks or swims.

erewan

From all the people responsible for these kind of changes, no one is playing this game, i can guarantee you.