2021-05-03

Poker Alice

Proposal
Fort decommission in of favour of Western Law Towns

Current Workaround
Many dissatisfied players leave and/or dislike forts so much they stick to the other more attractive aspects of the game. They belong to alliances and enjoy trade and socialization while being repelled by all the player conflicts that normally take place around fort social activities. They remain socially silent in lockdown.

Details
This idea would be easily implemented by changing the value of a fort build to an extreme unattainable amount thereby eliminating a very troubled part of the west game.

This change will work favourably in a new world creation immediately changing the games purpose from fort building to town building for the benefit of the players.

Additional thoughts around this renewal idea:
There is something to be said for town building in that unlike forts the effort and dedication required can not be stolen away as with forts. Town building works well with community building.

Additional character classes and crafting occupations would have a far greater impact on the game than anything related to the failing disabling fort scenes. The game is still interesting with a focus on town communities.

For an example: We could visualize a game with several new occupations. A player could choose “western school teacher” in the town community. The other town members recognizing the value of having a school teacher in town would wish to protect their town institution. Any outsider attempting to rob the school’s candy would be meant by the towns dueling bounty hunter.

There is plenty of scope for new ideas being implemented as well into a new and improved revised western game that might for example include holding in jail or fining outlaws. On the other hand town outlaws might favour belonging to outlaw towns that cater to saloon occupations like “dancer.”

In conclusion a focus on town management rather than wasting energy on the main source of discontentment in the west game the forts would be a possible experiment which could bring along new energy to the west game.

Abuse Prevention
Since this idea is merely a defocus on the myth that forts are the solitary reason for playing the western game I can not see this change having any abusive component.

Summary
Innogames and the player community will benefit from implementing this idea because after messaging several older players I was impressed by what they had to say about how much they had loved the game before forts were implemented into the game.

There are so many game components which make the game interesting and engaging. It is fun to follow other players in the game. With the option to build, craft, manage towns and duel other players there is always plenty of room for socialization. Watching towns grow is always more than enough to develop the kind of enthusiasm most people wish to enjoy. It is a fact that this is exactly what happens first in every new game creation. Why not continue with town building through-out the games life.

With a renewed interest on town communities there is little reason the game wouldn’t continue to attract new members into the future.

Thanatoss

Very nice suggestion. However it seems most people are ok just with "balancing" and "redisigning" old systems (fort battles, items etc) and dont care about new features.

I have been playing for some months now and while i like the game it feels unfinished. And gets boring pretty quick. It lacks actual role playing. Hope they consider your suggestion

Pankreas PorFavor

after messaging several older players I was impressed by what they had to say about how much they had loved the game before forts were implemented into the game.

I would love to have seen that conversation, I really wonder who you talked to. Forts were implemented before the chat, crafting, market, pants and belts... (and a lot of other things - as we could see in the recent contest that asked us to build the timeline), I really wonder what they loved so much in that first year of the game, and how addition of forts spoiled it.
In any case, as lulu already said - idea for different types of worlds for different types of play style is strongly supported and I would love to see it implemented too. Removing forts altogether from the game? Definitely no. Anyone who was ever a part of an alliance a few thousand people strong (Tex-Mex event in W4, anyone?), coordinated efforts to win a battle with +100 onliners on each side, every day, sometimes twice or even 3 times per day... knows what I am talking about.

RaiderTr

As far as I can understand, s/he doesn't like any kind of PvP at all.

And first year of the game (which I happened to be a part of) was basically Duels.
There was no craft, market or anything, no 15 secs job spams and all.
I think church level wasn't unlimited either.
(Can't totally remember when County chat came, if not from start)

So what was there to like, or do, if not Duels?
Can't tell if s/he's trolling or not. (Or has mental issues or not)

It's also totally ironic for someone to expect the removal of PvP when game makes its almost whole revenue from it.

Last edited:
If anything, I think players enjoyed the game before tombolas, adventures, and back-to-back events. I still remember playing poker (and pretty much losing too). Clicking on jobs 1000 times to find 150 of <x> is pretty lame. I think the core game became too easy (union flag = 88% drop for 1hr) and inno just went to revenue generation instead of tweaks to make the game better.

cortina+summer spirit+ (-x)attackers = FF defense win almost guaranteed

Who cares if they are improving the shop items now. If they had done that instead of tombolas, we'd still be debating on brown (tie, coat) vs black (tie, coat) vs gold buffalo, and wishing we had harmonicas.

Want to improve the game - remove tombolas and nugget-only items :p

ps - at one point they were suggesting to have improvements to towns, different layouts, buildings, etc. That's one of the things they must have abandoned for click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, (etc)

Pankreas PorFavor

Can't tell if he's trolling or not.

I think I can tell if she is ;)

If anything, I think players enjoyed the game before tombolas, adventures, and back-to-back events.

all one needs to do is look at the numbers. how many worlds, how many players, how much activity today vs then? what changed? what did the players say about it in the forum?
ok, I agree this is Inno's business, they decide how they will lead it, will they pull the plug and when etc. but this doesn't mean we're not allowed to say what we would like - or what we already had, liked and enjoyed in numbers ridiculously higher than today.

DeletedUser15368

all one needs to do is look at the numbers. how many worlds, how many players, how much activity today vs then?
Obviously all games lose players over time, it's just that in the specific case of The West, every friend that's ever quit has quit for one of two reasons, tombolas or imbalance in PvP created by tombolas.

But they obviously keep making money by selling PvP sets :dastardly:

Poker Alice

@RaiderTr
@Pankreas PorFavor

If you go by the premise that "you can say whatever you want'a say", then you need to accept that others can too!

It should not be about only what you want to discuss.
If you think trolling is occurring inside a game or on its associated forum then you really only have a couple of choices here. You can report it as offense. You can ignore it. It would be a big mistake to mention trolling and then carry on like a troll? I know you both are only attempting to cause trouble by bringing trolling up in this thread.

I've seen this kind of name calling method happening inside game play chat. I do remember reading from the public chat when one player was so enthusiastic after joining the west that he wanted so much to build a new town. He would post periodically asking if anyone would like to join his town. He didn't post repetitively inside chat and would always take the time to chat with others if others wished to chat with him.

I didn't respond at that time but now wished I had. Two other men, no that's not right, two other bullies, much like the two of you forum queens were chatting at the same time and gave great importance to their dialogue which in my opinion was boring. But because they had been interrupted, obviously wanting the public chat to be only about what they had say, they told that enthusiastic player to shut up. They said he was a troll.

He was not a troll. He was inviting others to his town which is completely permissible on a public chat otherwise you might want to report people for wanting to sell something on the market. Nope, not true. They were just a couple of bullies wanting to dominate the chat.

That person eventually quit.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was going by memory when I wrote, "I was impressed by what they had to say about how much they had loved the game before forts were implemented into the game." and could have been mistaken. Sorry about that. I do remember people saying that they loved the game in the past and I might have asked the question, "was there always the forts" and then connected the two subjects together. It was a long time ago. :)

What I do remember clearly is that they were extremely dissatisfied, not with the mechanics, the mathematical calculations being applied but with the arguments and abusiveness within the whole fort scene. I didn't see any of that with town building. The dueling component was always completely different and fun as I didn't see dueling being taken as seriously.

Poker Alice

Very nice suggestion. However it seems most people are ok just with "balancing" and "redisigning" old systems (fort battles, items etc) and dont care about new features.

I have been playing for some months now and while i like the game it feels unfinished. And gets boring pretty quick. It lacks actual role playing. Hope they consider your suggestion
I felt the same way. The little red squares in fort battles are a place keeper for the next graphical stage like we can see in adventures but it never happened. ha ha

The good thing about ideas is they can invoke a positive change or at the very least give birth to another idea that might be successful. I just thought I would throw this suggestion out trying to be helpful. Whatever INNO management does is completely their business. I try very hard not to get involved in discussion around their business as I find that kind of thing is totally inappropriate.

There is no harm being done if ideas are rejected. My point of view is completely biased. I think of the game from a players perspective only and don't really wish to consider how real world money gets made or if it doesn't. I only want to enjoy the game without personal conflicts affecting it. Conflicts inside the game using role play such as gunning for the other person in a duel or putting a price on their head is completely acceptable and fun really.

:)

Pankreas PorFavor

@RaiderTr
@Pankreas PorFavor

If you go by the premise that "you can say whatever you want'a say", then you need to accept that others can too!
It should not be about only what you want to discuss.

Indeed, 100% agree with that. You, and everyone else can write whatever they want to write in this forum, as long as they follow the forum rules, don't use inappropriate language or insult others. I guess that's why you edited your post in another thread and removed the part about people being able to kiss your Irish behind (well, you said it in a different way, but we got the point). I appreciate the fact you removed that insult, kudos.

If you think trolling is occurring inside a game or on its associated forum then you really only have a couple of choices here.

We have a lot of choices, and guess what - you don't control any of them, just like we don't control what you write here, and we don't even attempt to do it. So, stop telling us what we can do, nobody told you what you should do, ok?

I know you both are only attempting to cause trouble by bringing trolling up in this thread.

While, on the other hand, you decided to suggest the removal of a game feature that generates the most activity, most emotions and most interaction in The West community, because you didn't want to cause trouble. Sure, we all believe that LOL

I was going by memory when I wrote, "I was impressed by what they had to say about how much they had loved the game before forts were implemented into the game." and could have been mistaken. Sorry about that. I do remember people saying that they loved the game in the past and I might have asked the question, "was there always the forts" and then connected the two subjects together. It was a long time ago. :)

so, basically, you have no idea what you're talking about. at least it's nice that you apologize for it.

What I do remember clearly is that they were extremely dissatisfied, not with the mechanics, the mathematical calculations being applied but with the arguments and abusiveness within the whole fort scene. I didn't see any of that with town building.

again, no idea what you're talking about.... "abusiveness of the whole fort scene"?! hundreds of people working together, opposite teams reaching agreements to make things fair and balanced for everyone, having all kind of positive interactions, trading buffs and gear, collecting materials, etc. but no, the whole fort scene is abusive. :rolleyes::no: somebody tells you something, you don't remember it correctly, connect subjects that have nothing to do with each other...
and, btw. I did see the arguments and abusiveness with town building. you know when? before the forts were implemented, and for a short while after it. oh yes, only the builder with the most construction points who prayed before construction was allowed to finish the construction level ("that way we get the best items in the shop! now you've ruined it and we got rusty rifles and sabers instead of sharp and precise!"), all town members needed to donate part of their income to the town to support building, etc. oh yes, many arguments, many people leaving. you know, it's not about what is the cause - forts, adventures or town construction, it's about the personality of the players if they will be arguing or abusing others.

The dueling component was always completely different and fun as I didn't see dueling being taken as seriously.

OK, this takes the cake! dueling is not taken seriously?! I am laughing so hard! thank you! thank you so much, this is so amusing! I just can't. sorry, you'll have to try harder next time. I know you enjoy this kind of "debate" but what you're saying has to be believable at least a bit if you want anyone to react.
I have to withdraw from this conversation, my stomach hurts form laughing
:lol:

RaiderTr

So s/he didn't play the game when it was still new but s/he claims to know it.
Oh and, also claims to have talked with the ones that did, well, except with us?!

Then s/he somehow decides that, whole PvP of this game is a joke, unnecessary, abusive and so on so forth.

So like I said, I can't tell if s/he's trolling or not, or has mental issues or not.

I mean, did anyone ever see this guy in the game?
Do we even know his/her nickname?

Poker Alice

While, on the other hand, you decided to suggest the removal of a game feature that generates the most activity, most emotions and most interaction in The West community, because you didn't want to cause trouble. Sure, we all believe that LOL
Yeah, right negative emotions. An experiment for a new game without forts is an idea. If accepted fine. If not accepted that's fine too. If you can't handle an idea being tossed around the table then there is something wrong with you.

We have a lot of choices, and guess what - you don't control any of them, just like we don't control what you write here, and we don't even attempt to do it. So, stop telling us what we can do, nobody told you what you should do, ok?
These lines are a complete fabrication resembling horse manure.

OK, this takes the cake! dueling is not taken seriously?! I am laughing so hard! thank you! thank you so much, this is so amusing! I just can't. sorry, you'll have to try harder next time. I know you enjoy this kind of "debate" but what you're saying has to be believable at least a bit if you want anyone to react.
I have to withdraw from this conversation, my stomach hurts form laughing
:lol:
This is not the debate section bubba! Yes, I like discussions. React sure but staying on topic is always better. Leave trolling out of it and do not attempt do personal attacks and it will always be less disruptive. YOU started this drama and then act like you are the one being attacked. Withdraw you say. Well then do that and stop ruining any kind of reasonable discussion that might take place. I do not like these types of discussions with YOU!

I've seen more serious conversations about forts than about dueling.

Poker Alice

So s/he didn't play the game when it was still new but s/he claims to know it.
Oh and, also claims to have talked with the ones that did, well, except with us?!

Then s/he somehow decides that, whole PvP of this game is a joke, unnecessary, abusive and so on so forth.

So like I said, I can't tell if s/he's trolling or not, or has mental issues or not.

I mean, did anyone ever see this guy in the game?
Do we even know his/her nickname?
I wrote, I messaged by telegram a few people who told me they liked the game better when they played it years ago. One person who has played the game for years told me they will not post on this forum. I wonder why? I didn't write PvP was a joke or unnecessary. Where did you see that? If so produce it. How is your reading comprehension?

Are you doctor? Can you make judgements that people who post on this forum have mental issues? Wow that is most amazing.

My name is Poker Alice and at the moment I play in two worlds in the West Game.

Poker Alice

If anything, I think players enjoyed the game before tombolas, adventures, and back-to-back events. I still remember playing poker (and pretty much losing too). Clicking on jobs 1000 times to find 150 of <x> is pretty lame. I think the core game became too easy (union flag = 88% drop for 1hr) and inno just went to revenue generation instead of tweaks to make the game better.

cortina+summer spirit+ (-x)attackers = FF defense win almost guaranteed

Who cares if they are improving the shop items now. If they had done that instead of tombolas, we'd still be debating on brown (tie, coat) vs black (tie, coat) vs gold buffalo, and wishing we had harmonicas.

Want to improve the game - remove tombolas and nugget-only items :p

ps - at one point they were suggesting to have improvements to towns, different layouts, buildings, etc. That's one of the things they must have abandoned for click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, (etc)

I don't see the connection here. Looked at the link you provided and .... we get reduced time in travel with tombolas? - confused ?

Poker Alice

It can get boring like all simulation games. I was just wondering if all the fort stuff discussions in game play didn't exist what players might talk about for game stuff? Would it be enough?

Pankreas PorFavor

I do not like these types of discussions with YOU!

I completely understand. If I wrote that much nonsense and someone would deconstruct it and point out each inconsistency, all the fabrications, logical fails and ignorance, I wouldn't like it either. but carry on if you will, I won't.
:lovetw:

I didn't write PvP was a joke or unnecessary. Where did you see that? If so produce it. How is your reading comprehension?

well then, are you trying to say that you are proposing to remove a game feature that is necessary? oh my, what a wonderful idea!

Are you doctor? Can you make judgements that people who post on this forum have mental issues?

He already wrote: " I can't tell if s/he's trolling or not, or has mental issues or not. "
How is your reading comprehension?

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

I do not like these types of discussions with YOU!
In my experience, it is impossible to "discuss" or "debate" with you without you acting all upset and offended and going for the insults. But let's try.

This is not the debate section bubba!
It is, actually, the section to debate new ideas.

I've seen more serious conversations about forts than about dueling.
It's almost like fort fighting is the singular main attraction of this game, especially since duels became random. Pank is one of the best duellers I've ever known, for the record, and I bet he has hundreds of posts discussing duelling.

I don't see the connection here. Looked at the link you provided and .... we get reduced time in travel with tombolas? - confused ?
I think he was pointing out that of the 13 categories on that roadmap, only 2 were completed and the rest were dropped in favour of making an online casino.

I was just wondering if all the fort stuff discussions in game play didn't exist what players might talk about for game stuff? Would it be enough?
Take a look at W1, Arizona, Briscoe, Dakota, El Dorado, Fairbanks, Galveston, Huston and Idaho. That is what the game is like without forts.
Dead PvP, dead markets, dead town/alliance/saloon chats, you can't find crafters, you can't complete collections and the company hardly makes any money from the tombolas. Almost every aspect of this game is tied into the PvP of that world.
You can however infinitely build a church and complete most quests. yay?

Last edited by a moderator: