2015 Luck Hunt Challenge

DeletedUser26820

Is there any one from the Mod Team that would be willing to host a two-week or so Luck Hunt Challenge on Briscoe?

A neutral Host & Judge to conduct a global, dynamic specific event?
One that consist of prizes, Titles, possibly a pay to play buy in??

I can explain more and give better details if there's interest from a member of the Mod Team to host it.

Maybe around August or September so as not to conflict with any Inno hosted event.

And if not, no worries...
If for nothing else, I gave those that hijack forums an opportunity at a better host than I.

Any one???

DeletedUser

The mods are here to help the community and would love to hear your ideas. Go ahead post them!

DeletedUser26820

Basically, the Briscoe 2015 Luck Hunt Challenge would be a score driven contest between voluntary participants that signed up revolving around luck drops from job reports for the specific period of the contest.

My proposal is that the Challenge begin the first day of September.
This would allow plenty of time to clear the current Independence event and for participants to reskill and/or stock up on job buffs.

My proposal is that the Challenge run for a two week period.
Any longer and it starts to wane, participants lose interest, and it becomes too much of a burden for the Host.

So, if it were to begin September 1st, any job report containing a luck drop dated Sept 1 thru Sept 14 would be "scored" and counted in a participant's total or overall score.

Participation in the Challenge is voluntary and thru signing up for it.
The Host might want to cap participation at 25-30 or so toons so as not to be overburdened by checking job report scores, tabulating each participant's overall score, etc.

To justify the awarding of prizes, each participant might pay a entry fee.
This is at the discretion of the Host, but something like $5k to $10k per participant might be a place to start. In the past, when hosted as a player toon, I'd charge an entry fee from a list of resources. Something like 50 coal or 20 lead or 10 stomach meds to offset the cost of prizes being awarded. But I'd be surprised if a Mod Host would have a desire for resource based entry fees. Therefore, a participant might pay a cash based entry fee via bank transfer to the Host.

There would be prizes going to the top overall winners.
My proposal would be a 1:5 or 1:6 prize to participant ratio.
Prizes could consist of named items and/or chests and/or a cash transfer.
My proposal is that if there's 30 participants, award 6 prizes. There would be a Prize List of about 10 items like:
Wild Bill Longley's Revolver
Jesse Chisholm's Horse
Boone's Axe
Glossy Premium Chest
Noble Chest
Fancy Chest
Steel Lined Chest
Bank Transfer of $75k
Bank Transfer of $40k
Bank Transfer of $20k
The overall winner would have his pick of the list. 2nd place would have his pick of the remaining 9 items. 3rd place would have his pick of the remaining 8 items and so on until the 6th place finisher has made his pick. There will be some leftover, unawarded prizes, but at least a "winner" gets to make a choice and his selection.

Scoring reports:
Each participant would have his own thread within the Challenge forum posting his job reports containing luck drops from jobs.
ONLY luck drops of items/gear that CANNOT go into a toons product slot of his inventory would count. So, a walking stick would not count, but a recipe would.
The value of the luck drop(s) would be the item's/gear's purchase price value.
So, say I post a job report and I get luck drops of a Black Cartridge Belt ($4120 purchase price value) along with a Produce Pipe Brush Recipe ($500 purchase price value). My luck drop value for that report would be $4120 + $500 = $4620.

To equalize the playing field for toons of all levels, we would implement the TOON LEVEL DIVIDER into the final score for that specific report. Otherwise, level 120+ toons would crush toons with levels less than 100.
This Divider would remain constant for the duration of the Challenge. If a participant started the Challenge as level 82 but leveled up during it, his Divider would remain constant at 82.
So, the score for that report would be the Total Purchase Price Value of the report divided by the participant's level at the start of the Challenge (in my case, for illustration, 150):
$4620/150 = 30.8 and we'll round up/down to the next whole number so my score for that one, specific job report would be 31.
It would be the summed scores of all the job reports posted for the Challenge period that would be the total, overall score at the end of the Challenge.

Thanks for asking, PJ. I'll let you digest this and be ready for a Q&A. I've tried to outline guidelines, parameters, and give examples while referencing specifics. I've done exactly this on Briscoe twice before, to much success with those that participated, but the cost/reward along with forum hijackings and a few toons getting butthurt over it is not worth the investment. I think it would be much better if a neutral Mod toon host it.

Best regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26820

Any feedback or questions, PJ?
Or have you passed out? I can understand if you've passed out...

That's alright, bro. No one ever said hosting these kinds of things on a global/world level was either easy or cheap. It's quite an intense time investment for a 2-week duration of the Challenge.

But we're here to assist the Mod Team in any way possible to assist our community :)

DeletedUser26820

A simple reply from the Mod Team of anything along the lines of:

"Got it and under consideration" or

"What the hell are you thinking?? We're not going to do this for that crappy server",

Would suffice, at minimum, a recognition and/or response.

I've shared with the Mod Team there's an interest on this server of 20-30 toons for this event.

Either you host it or I'll do it my way, reserving 30 ban points as a credit for doing it my way and not putting up with bull.

Your call, Mod Team.....

You or Me?

Don't worry about me.... I've done it 5-7-9 times already.....

This time, though, I gave you the opportunity to host. If not desired, what prizes can you float to me to hand out to winners?

DeletedUser22685

A simple reply from the Mod Team of anything along the lines of:

"Got it and under consideration" or

"What the hell are you thinking?? We're not going to do this for that crappy server",

Would suffice, at minimum, a recognition and/or response.

I've shared with the Mod Team there's an interest on this server of 20-30 toons for this event.

Either you host it or I'll do it my way, reserving 30 ban points as a credit for doing it my way and not putting up with bull.

Your call, Mod Team.....

You or Me?

Don't worry about me.... I've done it 5-7-9 times already.....

This time, though, I gave you the opportunity to host. If not desired, what prizes can you float to me to hand out to winners?

I can honestly say I haven't seen it discussed. I've been out of that side of administrative work for a couple of years now and don't expect me to personally get involved, but I'll bring it up for you.

Until then, I have a couple of questions/concerns from a cursory read through. To what extent are you hoping to involve the mod team? Are you hoping to get those prizes handed out using admin tools similarly to the old lotto? If that's the case, I can't see it happening unless the buy-in is considerably more expensive than 10k or the number of prizes are greatly reduced.

If you're just trying to involve an official hand as far as ensuring the host plays fairly, I'm sure it can be arranged easily enough with a formal set of rules and specified punishments.

EDIT: Re-read the original post. An official mod host would eliminate the need for the above paragraph, but would be more taxing on the mod's time than simply overseeing and enforcing. But who knows, there might be some interest from within the team.

DeletedUser35517

I think this is a great idea that will engender more activity from players skilled for trading on the periphery as well as those that will reskill for the thrill of a unique competition. Come on mods whaddya say about a test run just for fun???

DeletedUser36749

deiben, i seriously dont think they know how well you have done things like this in the past, if they did they wouldnt just be sitting ideal, or blowing you off like you cant put on one hell of a show alone.

for shame inno, :(

DeletedUser26820

This quote from futurama is paraphrased to focus on the on the topic:

I can honestly say I haven't seen it discussed...

Until then, I have a couple of questions/concerns from a cursory read through. To what extent are you hoping to involve the mod team? Are you hoping to get those prizes handed out using admin tools similarly to the old lotto? If that's the case, I can't see it happening unless the buy-in is considerably more expensive than 10k or the number of prizes are greatly reduced.

If you're just trying to involve an official hand as far as ensuring the host plays fairly, I'm sure it can be arranged easily enough with a formal set of rules and specified punishments.

That this proposed event has not yet been discussed by the Mod Team that handles Briscoe is disappointing, but you guys have an agenda and priority not set by the toons of this server.

My initial hope & desire was that a member of the Mod Team, an impartial toon and player, using an NPC like Gustav or Tubby, would Host an event such as this. Therein, lies the involvement of the Mod Team.

Another involvement of the Mod Team regards prizes.
I can reward them out of my own donkey sack, or YOU can place them there to be rewarded.

I'll run it and Host it.
I'm giving the Mod Team the opportunity to run and host it.

Either way, we're having a 2015 Briscoe Luck Hunt Challenge on Briscoe.
You guys can run it and host it and award prizes, or
I'll do it my way, which has worked 5-6-7 times in the past.
But I sure could use some prize contributions to cut down on the buy-in.

See you there....

DeletedUser26820

Thanks, Dave & Biteme for the posts in support of this endeavor and event.
Whether or not WE get the support of the Mod Team, it's going to make more than just 1 toon to make it happen.

DeletedUser8627

Good morning.

I've read through this thread and will discuss with the GM team today sometime to gather opinions and have idea of workload involved, time etc...

Will post once we have discussed this in further detail.

DeletedUser26820

Thanks, Da Twista. That's all we can ask for now is consideration.

DeletedUser26820

Da Twista --

My first "option" for your Team's consideration is that an impartial member of the Mod Team host, run and reward the Challenge.
It get's me out of the work, footing the bill for the prizes, having to charge buy-ins to offset the cost of prizes, keeps it impartial and allows me to simply be a participant.
Really though, this is not my preferred option.

My preferred, second, "option" is that if your Team is busy, has work, would be taxed, and/or you already know and recognize I can host them as I have in the past with your blessing, the:
2013 April Dueling Challenge
June 2013 Construction Challenge
July 2013 ginooki21 Luck Hunt Challenge
2013 Sept 16-30 BoG Dueling Challenge
2013 Nov 1-15 FF Test Challenge
2014 Leko1 Level Cap Raise Cnst Challenge
2014 May Phoenix251 Luck Hunt Conquest

You and your Team let me Host this Event with some help.

You've allowed me to in the past.
Check your support Complaint tickets inbox regarding any of those referenced player-hosted Events on Briscoe. Any??

I'll host it for you, Team.
It takes out the impartiality of it being hosted by a neutral toon as many on Briscoe already have their perception and opinion of me, but I'll host it for you...... with some considerations:

I don't want to charge a buy-in.... no longer a pay to play opportunity but still with a cap of about 30 toons. If we get more signing up than 30, I decide who's in or out based on previous, above referenced, challenge participation, as well as other considerations and input from the Mod Team.

I want Inno / The Mod Team to foot the bill for the prizes.... Maybe 6-8 chests/boxes, 1 of each type, along with 1-2 sweet named items. We'll still go with our 1:5 prize ratio. If there's 30 participants, on a 1:5 ratio, that's 6 prizes to be rewarded, so I'd like 8 to be available so even the 5th place participant has a choice of his reward.

We'll have "special" prizes for 2 designations:
* The single, highest scored report: Something like a Glossy Premium Chest or a 1000 bond letter or a Thomas Heck belt or something like that.
* DFL: A Junk Chest along with the title of DFL of a global event. I can explain this more in detail if necessary.

You and the Team have a lot to consider.
I'll get to work setting up the preliminary forums so you guys have something to evaluate.

If you allow me to Host, is a toon title of "Briscoe Challenge Host" too much to ask for?

We'll get to that when we get to that as much to consider but time running out.....

DeletedUser8627

With all respect Deiben, this goes against how we run GM events on this server. We have a GM team specifically tasked to handle events here. If we were to get involved, the event is ours to run without any outside help required.

There is a choice you need to make, you can run it and it will be run by yourself alone OR we allow the GM team to work their magic and run it if they find it a viable event and wish to run it.

That is as much as I can possibly offer. Usually when an idea comes to us, this is the process we have followed.

DeletedUser26820

Understood. In that case, my first request for consideration is that the GM team host and run it if they find it a viable event and wish to run it.

DeletedUser26820

WELCOME TO THE 2015 BRISCOE LUCK HUNT CONQUEST

SEPTEMBER 1ST TO THE 14TH

** Yes, I know, some of you have been chomping at the bit and patiently yet eagerly awaiting this roll-out, so the time has come for our next world-wide luck hunt challenge. :)
At the same time, the advance notice affords all participants an equal opportunity to reskill, test & tweak, to gather best gear, and to buff stockpile.

** This is a Briscoe-wide, open, invited and welcome to ALL, voluntary, CHALLENGE scored by the GEAR ONLY luck drops from job reports beginning SEPT 1 and running thru the close of business (midnight) on SEPT 14.

Your turn, GM Team. A viable event that you'll host and reward prizes for on Briscoe?

I apologize. I've rarely been accused of being a patient person, but have been advised that a whole lot "less" from me right now could be better/more.

Here comes a whole lot less from me regarding this, and I'll exhibit some patience.

Thanks,

DeletedUser8627

We are still busy working out the details. We need to make sure we are able to access everything that is needed for this event without much of a hassle.

Don't worry, we will indicate what's happening as soon as we can.

DeletedUser26820

Nisa, within server, has advised me to be patient. I'm accepting of and taking that advice as best I can.

So I'll shut up, again, but not without saying.....

I'm not worried.

Thank you, Da Twista. Let me know how I can assist.

DeletedUser26820

Patience has never been on of my strong characteristics, so consider me a failure regarding it.
I tried to be patient and I have failed. I can live with that.

Some folks are questioning my commitment to there being a 2015 Luck Hunt Challenge on Briscoe. I might be a Liar and a Traitor, but I've NEVER EVER missed a deadline on starting a toon hosted global challenge on Briscoe.

I'll host it if necessary.
If needed, I'll host this one and the GM Team can get exposure to the details and being able to access everything that is needed without much hassle.
It's forum management, auditing & scoring of job reports, and an intense time investment for Challenge period, as proposed, 2 weeks.
If we get to this point, I could use some assistance with prizes, for example, such as the Grand Prize winner getting Sofa or Gustav for a week, the runner up getting the other one for a week, and I can fill in the holes with chests.
But I also understand that if the GM Team NOT awarding prizes to a toon hosted event is not an option, it is what it is.

I'd sure enjoy being in these GM Team conversations regarding this discussion regarding an Event such as this, but expect the exclusion and am respectful of it.

Either way, we roll out September 1st, either you or I, need to announce such soon.
Gives about 30 days to potential participants to become a butt kicker in a global event on this server.

I'm practicing patience. The GM Team has to midnight on July 31st to announce it's intent to host this Event on our world.

Best Regards,

DeletedUser26820

Thanks for the consideration, GM Team.

I've got it this time around, again....

Best Regards and keep up the great work.