2.x typos, bad translations and text errors

DeletedUser22685

Hair do? I hadn't even managed to make that connection. That makes a little more sense, but I'd still cringe every time I saw it. Not a single one of the names of the new Christmas set items make an inkling of sense other than Ebenezer's cane, the Raven and the Christmas Shotgun. I'd like to see all of them changed if possible.

WanderingStranger

Error when constructing the bank.

AqifvBH.png

DeletedUser

Hoping a adm see's this i would like to play the game but when i log in it session session timed out? please help

Ragnor

Achievements --> Work --> Upgrade --> Achievement "Because I can"
"Spend 1,000,000 dollar on item upgrades."
Simple spelling error but it should be:
"Spend 1,000,000 dollars on item upgrades."

Pankreas PorFavor

Text of Dealing the devil (Relentless) quest:
"Sorry for the kid. I guess we both know it wasn’t the deputies but the sheriff who’s done it. Anyway. You better get Funny out of here. The sheriff’s looking for him. Of cause I would help but I’m kind of tied to my bed right now."

Instead of "Of cause I would help..." it should be "Of course I would help..."
I have seen the same mistake in one of the previous quests in this questline, but I don't remember which one exactly.
-------------------
Same questline, "Violence and Whiskey" quest:
Big Bill: “Take that bag o’ dirt and throws him out into the streets!”
I believe it should be:
Big Bill: “Take that, bag o’ dirt!" and throws him out into the street.

DeletedUser

I often wondered about the proliferation of spelling/grammar mistakes in the game. At first, I put it down to Inno being German and they might just use a cheap translator-programme, but I do wonder. Even a cheap one wouldn't make that many mistakes. :huh:

DeletedUser36559

I often wondered about the proliferation of spelling/grammar mistakes in the game. At first, I put it down to Inno being German and they might just use a cheap translator-programme, but I do wonder. Even a cheap one wouldn't make that many mistakes. :huh:

Or rather than use a cheap translator-programme they get someone who can translate german-> english and then they don't bother checking for any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.

DeletedUser10077

Hi all spotted this one ...

Mysterious stranger
Good day, dear traveler. You are encountering me in a rather awkward situation: A snake made my lovely horse balk and my music box dropped out of my overcoat and hit a rock. My journey is of the utmost importance, but I can not continue until this music box is not repaired.
Requires: - Golden music box 1/1

This is a simple case of spelling errors and double negatives :)

DeletedUser33353

Balk is the proper term in the horse community. Though, there should be an *ed* at the end. The second red item(not), is of course not needed. Good eye m.j.
And....manure keeps the grass green ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

Balk is the proper term in the horse community. Though, there should be an *ed* at the end. The second red item(not), is of course not needed. Good eye m.j.
And....manure keeps the grass green ;)

Putting an -ed on the end would make no sense unless you rearranged the entire sentence and threw in the word "at", which is how the word is usually used anyway. Although if we wanted to be that technical, we'd stick with the recent trend of British spellings, ie. "baulk". The ideal change would be "My lovely horse baulked/balked at the sight of a snake and my music box dropped out of my overcoat and hit a rock."

DeletedUser

If we are really being picky, we should use the phrase "the horse shied at the sight of a snake" as baulk technically means to not follow instructions, rather than to be scared and move away. A horse baulking wouldn't necessarily make the music box drop, but the horse shying - where it moves in alarm or fear - could mean you drop it as it caught you unaware...

DeletedUser11353

Quest line One hand washes the other has bunch of german mixed in the quest texts, not sure has it been reported already.

EDIT: The big perfomance 1st and 5th quest have a word or two of german in them too, probably a bunch of other quests as well since the last update..

DeletedUser36255

I have just restarted. A lot of quests which were in English are now partly in German. Please can you fix this? I don't speak German and I haven't got a clue what it says.

Oh and Maya's message? Also in German. Come on guys. Please get this sorted fast. If I wanted to read German, I would have signed up to the German server.

DeletedUser

German

So everybody knows about this German language problem, but is anyone doing anything about it?

I honestly do not want to play a game with instructions in another language.