2.x typos, bad translations and text errors

DeletedUser

This thread is for any typos, bad translations or text errors that still exist after the update to version 2.

If you find any mistakes in the game text please post them here. If a thread already exists about it please post it here as well. Every so often we will go through all the translations and fix the errors that have been posted. Once this happens the post reporting it will be marked as completed, however the game text may not change until the next update.

This thread is not for any other bugs.

the exit menu has a miss translation:

it now leaves you stranded at the exit.
with some German words that are stating start menu.

when you exit the game.
the exit menu is in german....not english.

This is courtesy of the black penny.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34464

Dakota.net

"stufe" rather than 'level' in towns on Dakota

DeletedUser

Spices job in the new update is the german word gewurze.

The spear fishing job the drop is harpuniertier fisch.

Hearding lambs the drop is lammwolle.

Grinding coffee job is portion gemahalener kaffee.

In the job menu pick blueberries, pick indigo which I think should be picking. So far on world 1.

Deleted User - 1278415

At the bottom of every job it tells you how many labor points
and then it tells how many extra labor points you are adding

zusatzpunkte - extra points

DeletedUser34767

The Hint which shows up under the saloon doors when your job reaches zero motivation is mostly in German.

Hint:
Deine Motivation fur Mucking out the stables ist auf null guzunken! .......

Thanks
Caleb N Marken
Zero Mot Stable Mucker

DeletedUser

The name level 1-40 saloon daily quest Warm feet makes no sense since socks became spurs. The text has been changed to reflect the job changes, but the title hasn't.

[And why does he need three spurs? Does Henry have three feet?]

Deleted User - 1278415

At the bottom of the graveyard screen you get this
Zur Ubersicht

8z4ok6.jpg

Deleted User - 1278415

Got a new hint today that I hadnt noticed before... zero motivation-- looks like post #5 reported this too. but here is the graphic proof.

5n93ph.png

DeletedUser

Duels today after the worlds all went down seem to now give the messages in German.

Duel vs player

inner-is-male|Cameahwait gewinnt das Duell und bekommt 0 Erfahrungspunkte und 0 Duellerfahrung. brettriverboat hatte leider kein Geld bei sich, deshalb bekommt Cameahwait nichts.

it is the same with NPC duels too:

winner-is-male|Cameahwait gewinnt das Duell, bekommt 9 Erfahrungspunkte, 0 Duellerfahrung und erhält von Lola Washington $ 1.

Deleted User - 1278415

new option in the interface settings

fenster versetzen - window move

DeletedUser363

One of the damage descriptions for the job Collect Spices: You bend down to pick up that spice and suddenly hear a lout snapping sound from your back.

Should be loud

TFB3R.png

DeletedUser618

Onyx passes out. winner-is-male|thomas1971f gewinnt das Duell, bekommt 141 Erfahrungspunkte, 47 Duellerfahrung und erhält von Onyx $ 117.

Sexist game to announce that the winner is male.:(

DeletedUser22685

Onyx passes out. winner-is-male|thomas1971f gewinnt das Duell, bekommt 141 Erfahrungspunkte, 47 Duellerfahrung und erhält von Onyx $ 117.

Sexist game to announce that the winner is male.:(

If a female wins, it'll say that instead :p

Deleted User - 1278415

A Holiday Spook (Henrys brother)

Oh, hallo Good Feather. Sieht aus, als wäre die ganze Stadt schon auf die Feiertage ein gestimmt. Wunder dich nicht über mein langes Gesicht. Mich macht diese Zeit eher melancholisch. Setz dich und ich erzähl dir weshalb…

Then

Mein Bruder Rupert war ein Holzfäller in den Wäldern im Westen. Tüchtiger Bursche, Familienmensch. Vor inzwischen schon … zwölf Jahren wollte ich ihn am Weihnachtsmorgen besuchen, doch ich fand nur eine ausgebrannte Ruine vor. Das Feuer muss in tiefster Nacht ausgebrochen sein, niemand hat es überlebt. Nimm’s mir also nicht krumm, wenn ich um diese Jahreszeit nicht sonderlich bei Laune bin.

Google states it should be something like this:

Oh, hello Good Feather. Looks as if the whole city already started on the holidays. Do not be surprised by my long face. This season makes me melancholy. Sit down and I'll tell you why ...

My brother Rupert was a lumberjack in the forests in the West. Clever guy, family man. Before twelve years by now ... I wanted to visit him on Christmas morning, but I found only a burnt-out ruin. The fire must have broken out in the dead of night, nobody survived it. Take it me not crooked when I'm not particularly good mood this time of year.

DeletedUser

A Holiday Spook (Henrys brother)

Oh, hallo Good Feather. Sieht aus, als wäre die ganze Stadt schon auf die Feiertage ein gestimmt. Wunder dich nicht über mein langes Gesicht. Mich macht diese Zeit eher melancholisch. Setz dich und ich erzähl dir weshalb…

Then

Mein Bruder Rupert war ein Holzfäller in den Wäldern im Westen. Tüchtiger Bursche, Familienmensch. Vor inzwischen schon … zwölf Jahren wollte ich ihn am Weihnachtsmorgen besuchen, doch ich fand nur eine ausgebrannte Ruine vor. Das Feuer muss in tiefster Nacht ausgebrochen sein, niemand hat es überlebt. Nimm’s mir also nicht krumm, wenn ich um diese Jahreszeit nicht sonderlich bei Laune bin.

Google states it should be something like this:

Oh, hello Good Feather. Looks as if the whole city already started on the holidays. Do not be surprised by my long face. This season makes me melancholy. Sit down and I'll tell you why ...

My brother Rupert was a lumberjack in the forests in the West. Clever guy, family man. Before twelve years by now ... I wanted to visit him on Christmas morning, but I found only a burnt-out ruin. The fire must have broken out in the dead of night, nobody survived it. Take it me not crooked when I'm not particularly good mood this time of year.

The quest giver in County 1 is likewise still in German.

"ie Stille in der Hütte ist drückend. Was damals nicht von den Flammen zerstört wurde, ist nun schon fast vollständig überwuchert. Lediglich der große Holztisch in der Mitte der Hütte hat die Zeit unbeschadet überstanden. Als du ihn berührst, umgibt dich ein unnatürliches Glühen und du glaubst, leises Singen zu vernehmen:

Am ersten Weihnachtstag, brachte ein Engel mir…

Eine saftige Truthahnkeule"

DeletedUser34767

Also, related to Good Feather's and Sjurd Askelsen's posts above.

Text:

Burned-down hut
Die Stille in der Hütte ist drückend. Was damals nicht von den Flammen zerstört wurde, ist nun schon fast vollständig überwuchert. Lediglich der große Holztisch in der Mitte der Hütte hat die Zeit unbeschadet überstanden. Als du ihn berührst, umgibt dich ein unnatürliches Glühen und du glaubst, leises Singen zu vernehmen:

Am ersten Weihnachtstag, brachte ein Engel mir…

Eine saftige Truthahnkeule

Google Translate:

Burned-down hat
The silence in the cabin is oppressive. What has not been destroyed by the flames, is now already almost completely overgrown. Only the large wooden table in the middle of the hut has survived the time without prejudice. When you touch him, you surround an unnatural glow and you think you hear faint singing:

On Christmas Day, an angel brought me ...

A juicy turkey leg

Result Text

Als du die Truthahnkeule auf den alten Tisch legst, wird es plötzlich stockdunkel in der Hütte und ein Schauer läuft über deinen Rücken. Nach wenigen Momenten ist diese ungewöhnliche Dunkelheit jedoch wieder verschwunden, ebenso wie die Truthahnkeule. Stattdessen liegen auf dem Tisch nun ein paar Süssigkeiten.

Result Google Translate

When you put the turkey leg on the old table, it suddenly goes completely dark in the hut, and a shiver down your spine. After a few moments of this unusual darkness has disappeared again, like the turkey leg. Instead, on the table are a few sweets.

Deleted User - 1278415

just a note for your records

please update the quest picture for the Achievement Holiday Spook it has the generic West Beta picture on it still.

DeletedUser8627

just a note for your records

please update the quest picture for the Achievement Holiday Spook it has the generic West Beta picture on it still.

Yup, I see this one was missed when they updated the other images for the quest line.

I'll send them a reminder. Thank you!