2.68 Loading Times

Protasov

Loading the game takes considerably longer than previous versions. Not that big of a deal, just curious as to what changed between 2.67 and 2.68 that caused it? Does it fall under the "BUG FIXES" line item?

DeletedUser33353

It is slower, but.....on the plus side......it seldom sticks at the 263/264 mark.

DeletedUser35533

I have not noticed it. I don't think you will either, unless you have a very slow net or you never cache

DeletedUser26820

How do I know if I have a very fast or very slow connection?

DeletedUser35533

How do I know if I have a very fast or very slow connection?
you should know depending on what package you are buying from your service provider. you can also google "test internet speed" and various sites will pop up to help you with that

WanderingStranger

I have been noticing it as well. My load times have increased severalfold since the last update. My speeds are fairly slow but I went from several seconds to load to 45 seconds to a minute now.

Deleted User - 1693871

Another thing that seems to be back is the fort battle bug when signing into fort battles, that it doesn't always register properly and the yellow dot vanishes.

asdf124

Another thing that seems to be back is the fort battle bug when signing into fort battles, that it doesn't always register properly and the yellow dot vanishes.
That has always been an issue for me if I had slow connection.

You have to keep checking or simply wait for your name to go up in the player list(not the recruiting list)

canufeelit

mine is 10 times slower, a full reload each time

i have been suspecting the major firefox update but not had time to test

DeletedUser26820

I'm 7 years older in the game...
Speed is keeping up with me but I'm 7x grumpier at that "Hide" button and revolving pistol....

you should know depending on what package you are buying from your service provider.

This is going to be a double post here in this thread, but Dante asked me about the package I'm buying from my service provider.
Well Dante, I provide the package, and excuse me, but I'm married, so I already have a service provider so it comes for free.

MUHAHAHA..... That's an eagle on the par 5, Kidd......

Last edited by a moderator: