2.04 is on Beta

• Thread starter DeletedUser22685
  • Start date

DeletedUser12669

i know. 25% drop in motivation per job is going to result in some injurys on those high end jobs iv seen a few KO's on jobs on beta

DeletedUser8627

Any news on that ... ?
I am in the middle of working on peace negotiations for the treasure.
If I'll be 47/48 hours on that quest and it gets canceled it is going to REALLY hurt.
I'll try to complete it ASAP but since I have no idea when the update is coming to .net I might end up wasting even more time now.

Any useful information on that ?

Best you get it done as soon as possible as we could possibly have version 2.04 here next week already.

DeletedUser

There'll be an announcement closer to the date, the update still needs quite a bit more tweaking so you've got a while to complete the quest.

Best you get it done as soon as possible as we could possibly have version 2.04 here next week already.

Thank you both.
In that case I might just as well NOT work on that quest as I am 12/48 right now. I doubt it if I'll be able to finish that quest by next week. Gonna hurt but not as much as it would if I'll be closer to 48 hours by the update ...

Deleted User - 1278415

so you've got a while to complete the quest.

Careful Futu... last time we heard that comment we got V 2.0 shoved down our throats without any notification from .net admins. :unsure: I read about it on a website reviews that the v2.0 update was hitting our servers the next day, and it wasn't even announced here.

By the way v2.0 still sucks. V2.03 sucked a little less, and V2.04 I have hopes it can make it better.

DeletedUser

Here's a random question. If the quests are reset, what does that do to, say, the Hernando's sword quest? Do you lose the sword because, in theory, unless you fulfilled Waupee's request for 500XP to break aforementioned sword, the quest isn't complete?

Ripwise

BY saying quests will be reset it is meant all the active quests you currently have in your questbook.

DeletedUser8627

Yup, all quests you have accepted and busy working on will be cancelled. They don't disappear, after the update you can accept them again.

The concern here is that you may have done time job requirements for some of them. For instance, there is a quest that requires 80 x build railroad. If you have done 40 of this job already and the update comes, those 40 are lost.

DeletedUser

Yup, all quests you have accepted and busy working on will be cancelled. They don't disappear, after the update you can accept them again.

The concern here is that you may have done time job requirements for some of them. For instance, there is a quest that requires 80 x build railroad. If you have done 40 of this job already and the update comes, those 40 are lost.

Yup, i started this quest last week, did 2/80 and then read the announcement here. Didn't do any more after that as i was positive i probably wouldn;t finish it on time. Wouldn't it be possible in some way to maintain the quest ?
For example, people can get a printscreen that would show how far they've gone, let's say 59/80 ,and after the new version comes, send the printscreen and get their quest restored .

DeletedUser22685

We physically can't do that (at least not without way more hassle than it's worth).

DeletedUser

Yup, i started this quest last week, did 2/80 and then read the announcement here. Didn't do any more after that as i was positive i probably wouldn;t finish it on time. Wouldn't it be possible in some way to maintain the quest ?
For example, people can get a printscreen that would show how far they've gone, let's say 59/80 ,and after the new version comes, send the printscreen and get their quest restored .

There is another problem with that idea... in the new version most of the quests will change there requirements. That´s why they need to kill every quest that is open by the players.
There will be some people (like the Raid quest) that got the quest at 67 and are doing it. On the 2.04 that quest will only open at 86. So people that are on 70 or nearby, will not see the quest until they are at 86. (they will continue from the quest they had opened or didn´t had accepted when the version arrived)

On those longer quests, just cancel them and do the other ones that you can until the new version arrives.

DeletedUser11791

If you started "hope dies last" and you do not finish will the broken spade (and the piece of gold) be returned to your inventory?

DeletedUser1121

Any issues with one time quest items that are lost, can be reported to ingame support.
We will review it and take the appropriate actions to help you finish the quest.

DeletedUser11791

thank you :D

Just so I understand correctly. Any open quest will be reset to the firts step of that quest. Not to the last step you finished?

DeletedUser22685

Each quest has an individual ID, they're unrelated to the other quests in that questline save for the requirement of each quest to finish the one that precedes it.

So no, your entire questline won't be reset, only the quests you've currently accepted.

DeletedUser

If you started "hope dies last" and you do not finish will the broken spade (and the piece of gold) be returned to your inventory?

The piece of gold is not lost (only if you sell it to the trader or on the market).
In any case, the broken spade, if you lost it, it can be dropped doing "Digging Graves" with a spade equipped.
The piece of gold, if you sold it, can be dropped on Hunt for treasure.
(both have a very low drop)

Deleted User - 1278415

Any issues with one time quest items that are lost, can be reported to ingame support.
We will review it and take the appropriate actions to help you finish the quest.

Hey Desi!!! how about having an ingame notice to state that the game will soon be updated to 2.04 and that work on quests could potentially be lost? would that be a jolly good ol' idea or something ? :laugh:

DeletedUser

Da Twista\futu\Desi

Anyone knows if the update is coming to .net in the next 48 hours or not ?
It is really hurting the gameplay - not knowing if I should work on quests I'd like to complete or not. I understand I won't get an answer for a longer period of time - but can we at least know 48 hours in advance ?

Thanks !

DeletedUser8627

This we cannot say, we do not dictate when updates are released on .net. We are only told just before the update hits us.

Usually with updates, they are released on a smaller market first, just to check everything is working fine. Once this has been done then it is released on all markets. At this point, this process hasn't been started so I'm sure you will most likely be safe for the next 48 hours.