2.04 is on Beta

• Thread starter DeletedUser22685
  • Start date

DeletedUser

So basically, if you wanted to do a difficult job and you have no additional LPs you still can't really do it? (due to the damage you'll incur)

DeletedUser30224

But at least you will do it. If you need to find a particular product from hard jobs ... good luck with that. The only thing I find of use is product gathering with 15s jobs. Much faster, though some product drop rates have been changed.. If they keep the 25 motivation for 2h, you should never do more than 2 * 2h intervals on one job.

DeletedUser34767

A question for the beta people. As it sounds like there are some changes to the quest lines in the new update, were you asked to cancel all your quests before the change went into effect like they asked us to do for 2.0?

I'm just asking as I am finally going to get a vacation from work toward the end of the month and am wondering if I should cancel out any in progress quests before going into vacation mode in case the upgrade happens while I am gone.

Thanks.

Slygoxx

All open quests were cancelled with an update on the beta. I don't know if that will happen here as well, but it probably will. You can leave them open if you want to, it shouldn't break something as far as I know.

DeletedUser8627

All open quests are going to be cancelled as some of the quest requirements have changed on a number of quests. The only way to implement these changes is if all quests are cancelled on a player's account.

Unless the devs come up with another plan before the release.

DeletedUser34767

Thanks for the info. I'll plan on cleaning up my quest list prior to going on vacation, just to be on the safe side.

DeletedUser

Is there any way, at all, to get advance notice of the changes being implemented?

It would be nice if people had 24 to 48 hours to finish up quests before they get sent back to Square 1.

DeletedUser8627

Closes to the time it will be posted here. But for now, most important changes have been posted on the public beta forums.

DeletedUser

first of all new job system revives GR as viable option to get the key 3

but my big concern is the 25% motivation drop, you need 85% mot to get the key 3, so you can't get it with 2 hour jobs i reckon? also 25% is to much 15% would be ok, dunno the drop for 15 second and 30 minute jobs as well.

last concern is that the droprates i observed are quite bad, jobs that are now 1-2 hours highly improved and short drops massively got worse, and getting any product on 15 sec jobs is a horror, but i hope\guess that will be adjusted

lastly 15 secs is really short, 5, 30 120 minutes seem more logical, or atleast 2 minutes for the short job

DeletedUser22685

I'd say it's better to compare the drop rates to 1.x as opposed to 2.03, since that system also incorporated selectable job times and is therefore at least remotely comparable to the new 2.04 job system.

DeletedUser1121

rumour has it that the key dropped on beta with a 15 sec job..

DeletedUser

first of all new job system revives GR as viable option to get the key 3

but my big concern is the 25% motivation drop, you need 85% mot to get the key 3, so you can't get it with 2 hour jobs i reckon? also 25% is to much 15% would be ok, dunno the drop for 15 second and 30 minute jobs as well.

No, high motivation is not necessary:

http://prntscr.com/14anbt

DeletedUser

Even though there seems to be debate about the job times (eg 15s too short) and motivation (25% for 1 job too high), this seems the best and most pro-active update in a while where it seems that the voice of the players has actually been listened to and actually acted upon. Good job!

All that needs to happen now is for dueling to roll back to around 1.34 and a bit of advertising to take place to increase player numbers...

DeletedUser23737

Dueling?

Enough talk about jobs already...

Will dueling change? :)

Max.

DeletedUser

1 biggest concern is the quests.. some quests require to travel to a specific NPC to start and few need some drops from specific jobs to start now iv even travelled and tried those jobs and nothing no quests no drops.. atleast change the level they can be accepted in tw.db database or let us atleast know in the forum of the level changes so that atleast we dont end up wasting time and energy for nothing.. thnx

DeletedUser

All open quests are going to be cancelled as some of the quest requirements have changed on a number of quests. The only way to implement these changes is if all quests are cancelled on a player's account.

Unless the devs come up with another plan before the release.

Any news on that ... ?
I am in the middle of working on peace negotiations for the treasure.
If I'll be 47/48 hours on that quest and it gets canceled it is going to REALLY hurt.
I'll try to complete it ASAP but since I have no idea when the update is coming to .net I might end up wasting even more time now.

Any useful information on that ?

DeletedUser22685

There'll be an announcement closer to the date, the update still needs quite a bit more tweaking so you've got a while to complete the quest.