17yo Florida Teen Dies From Covid-19? I think not.

NovaStar

This IS a "debate and discussion" forum...if I'm not mistaken, Bardoon, you DO have an option to not read and/or post here. You are free to choose to just pass it on by...it really and truly IS that simple.

Deleted User - 4199644

No It clearly violates the rules in many areas. Even the title violates the rules.
I will formally submit my distain to the people I have paid over 300$ usd in tribal wars and The west in the last 6 months.
I will submit it to the headquarters.
This thread and it title is offensive.
You want a debate then make one.
Not this thread.

Deleted User - 4199644

A: In general, under the First Amendment the truthful publication of the identity of a juvenile.
United States Supreme Court cases have held that accurate reports can give rise to civil liability. See Bartnicki v. Vopper, 532 U.S. 514 (2001).)

n California, the Supreme Court has held that the publication of the names of minors if a report is based on information from a public record source, the law is even more clear. The accurate report of that information is absolutely privileged, both by statute (Civ. Code section 47) and by the First Amendment (see Gates v. Discovery Communications, Inc, 34 Cal.4th 679 (2004)).

Is slander worth it. Is publication of a minor worth it?

To me this is about the mother and father who lost their child and now has this thread that talks of them feeding them beef and pork and taking then to church.
I dont like it.
Pluss it takes away the fact that covid is a killer. Not mom and dad.
I am deeply offended.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 4199644

Moderator. Please remove this thread so that I can continue to enjoy InnoGames.

Deleted User - 4199644

Screenshot (37).png

LOOK AT THIS WONDERFUL WEAPON.
IT WAS A GIFT FROM INNOGAMES.

Poker Alice

OMG. Who cares! hundreds of thousands are dead around the world. Millions are without work and food. Many are made homeless and you let this player blame:
If you look again at my comment you will see it is a quote from a news source. I didn't write it nor did I write the original post. I actually agree with you on not assessing blame.

You say the OP was implying the virus is not a danger but I didn't draw the same conclusion. I could be wrong but I thought it might be implying on some reported covid-19 deaths there can be other factors involved. Only the writer of the OP can elaborate on it. The rest of the thread seemed to focus on what or who was responsible. That is what the news story was about.

If hypothetically someone got depressed because they just found out that they tested positive to covid-19 and then inadvertently stepped in front of a bus what killed them? Covid-19, depression, anxiety, lack of attention or the bus? And how should the death be reported?

The above statement doesn't lessen the seriousness of a terrible contagious disease. It just refers to statistical keeping. Keeping safe by taking measures to protect ourselves, looking after our health to maintain strong immune systems can help us against disease.

If you have a problem with these kinds of discussions as you said you felt ashamed or maybe you meant agitated, I could offer a suggestion for your own well being to avoid them like the plague?

Deleted User - 4199644

Screenshot (44).png
OMG
A free gift. I think it is OP but I wont complain.

Deleted User - 4199644

Screenshot (46).png
Wow I cant use this but it is worth thousands. What a gift. I think ImmoGames loves me.

Deleted User - 4199644

This is the subject. Not how mom and dad killed their 17 year old daughter.

I love our moderator it just over worked and did not have time to read every thread.

Poker Alice

I will formally submit my distain to the people I have paid over 300$ usd in tribal wars and The west in the last 6 months.
I would argue that the news story was indeed harsh on the parents. We are in agreement on this. On this basis the thread could be considered offensive but I think that the facts came from news stories in the media? There are many news stories in the media which are disturbing. The news stories did cover what people were discussing around the parents and others. I would describe the whole thing as upsetting. But this is the world we live in now.

You may certainly contact anyone you wish but (OMG) I was a little put back using money to illustrate a point? Unethical?

Deleted User - 4199644

I would argue that the news story was indeed harsh on the parents. We are in agreement on this. On this basis the thread could be considered offensive but I think that the facts came from news stories in the media? There are many news stories in the media which are disturbing. The news stories did cover what people were discussing around the parents and others. I would describe the whole thing as upsetting. But this is the world we live in now.

You may certainly contact anyone you wish but (OMG) I was a little put back using money to illustrate a point? Unethical?
You don't know the American way. Its all about the money. I vote with my money.

You think we are a democracy/ We are a capitalists' society.

Its one vote per dollar. Not one vote per person.
If you don't know that then you are the last person in the world to not know it.
We don't hide it.
I am not ashamed for it.
How many votes do you have with InnoGames?
Maybe more then me.

Deleted User - 4199644

As my first step I have deleted my game account. I will now delete my TW account. I may only have a few hundred votes but I cannot abide by this conduct.

Poker Alice

That was an interesting read, Tucker - yet another sad story among many that have come out of this pandemic.

I'd like to offer some thoughts on some of the points you've raised. It's probably worth my saying that I am currently employed as a doctor, so I have some experience dealing with the issues you've raised here. I disagree with the 'my doctor tells me everything I need to know' statement. There is a whole world of information that those in the medical profession do not yet know. Advice given to patients is usually based on what we do know at present.

Firstly, the 'you are what you eat'. This is starting to become more and more recognised in medicine today. There is a lot of research going on into diseases such as bowel cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease etc. that are really emphasising this theme of diet. Research into our gut microbiome (the composition of bugs in your gut), which is intrinsically linked with the foods we eat is also starting to pick up. So, I wholeheartedly agree with you on that point.

What I disagree with though is your argument which seems to fully slant towards the 'nurture' side of the nature vs nurture debate that often takes place in the science world. The article you linked refers to a 'rare autoimmune disease' which the girl here had. I did a quick search to find out what the disease is and it is apparently called 'opsoclonus-myoclonus syndrome'. Being a rare syndrome, I know nothing about the specifics of it, so I've done a quick read up about it. While it's not an inherited condition, the syndrome apparently typically comes on after exposure to any of a long list of viruses, as a secondary development from a dangerous tumour or alternatively has no obvious, known cause. Some of the viruses listed as potential causes are influenza, Epstein-Barr, Coxsackie-B virus, all of which are viruses which you and I will likely have come into contact with over the course of our lives. To say then that every disease we as humans have is a direct consequence of something 'unhealthy' or 'stupid' that we or our parents have done is incorrect. This is a fine example of that.

If it were the case that every disease is a direct result of an unhealthy or stupid action taken, then how would you go about explaining genetically inherited conditions such as Huntingdon's Disease (for example)? We know too little about the development genetic mutations to be able to make statements such as the ones you have made above.

I think some of the points you make are more than valid, Tucker. Yes, alcohol can cause cancer. Yes, that girl's parents probably did the wrong thing by giving her Hydroxychloroquine. However, to make bold, 'this is why this happened' statements without considering both that there is likely a lot we don't know about this case and equally that there are many elements at play here (namely her rare autoimmune condition) which could have predisposed her to a worse outcome is in my mind shortsighted. These elements are nothing to do with the way her parents raised her.

My feeling is that there are a mixture of factors involved here that led to this girl's death. There are the 'nurture' elements such as her diet, the drug given to her, etc. that very much played a part with her body's capability to deal with the disease process. However, there are just as many 'nature' elements to this, her autoimmune condition moreso than anything, but also her genetic makeup that are very much in play.

There is too much here that we don't know to be able to make sweeping statements. These are my thoughts.
Thank you

Deleted User - 4199644

Without support from the moderators.
I have taken this up with

Eike Klindworth and Michael Zillmer
If you are interested in removing this graphic gore then please mail them or call at:

Friesenstraße 13
20097 Hamburg
Germany
Phone
+49 40 7889335-0
Fax
+49 40 7889335-200
Email
info@innogames.com

This is a game not a news outlet.

DeletedUser15368

Jesus Christ, this is the DEBATE AND DISCUSSION forum where we debate and discuss issues from religion to Covid to philosophy. As such it's traditionally been allowed to play out unless flagrant rule abuse occurs - plus we have some medical professionals in the discussion which is nice to see (biomed here). Please stop crap-posting and stop reviving dead threads just to demand censorship because you don't like what it says. Contribute to the discussion instead, but since you've apparently deleted your account over a forum thread, as opposed to a real issue with the game, and no longer have anything to contribute here, goodbye my dude.

Deleted User - 4199644

Real mature.
Let have a debate about how mom and dad killed their 17 year old child.
How Covid19 is not a danger. How we need this virus to grow stronger.
Did you even read the thread.
How dare you endanger lives by telling others that its barbeques, church and mom and dad who are the danger.

OP
" What killed her? Her parents. From jamming their and her bodies full of poison and cancer for a few decades before and after her birth. Alcohol = poison. Red meat/Swine meat"

next post
" Getting diseases is the only way to actually build up your natural immune system "

These two posts can lead to young people who think the virus not a danger but a good thing.

I am upset because my mother 75 years old is about to die of this. She is in the hospital and shows no sign of a recovery. They think she needs a full lung transplant. 3 weeks ago, she cook us pork ribs.

This is a serious virus. We should not spread the idea that it is a joke.
This is a game not an informed news outlet.
I come here to get away from those things.

kuro90

We understand that you are living a bad period of your life, and we hope that soon the things for you will turn better. Noone in this thread has belittled the COVID problem nor your situation. The West is a place where you can try to escape from your daily routine and find something positive during your daily struggles.

About this thread, if the topic of this discussion upsets you, we suggest you do not join the debate. I would like to point out that it is a topic in a debate and discussion section of the forum, where the community is free to create discussion thread also about important matters, as long as the discussion is constructive and without offensive behaviours toward the other members of the community.

We know that this is a "hot" topic, but we give the players the chance to discuss it. As InnoGames we take the COVID disease seriously, here you can find also an announcement that we posted at the beginning of the problem. We also close and delete discussions where people try to minimize this situation because we know that it must be taken seriously.
But this discussion does not diminish the COVID problem, when it will, we will close it like the others.

Please, continue without attacking each other and politely.

K

DeletedUser15368

Did you even read the thread.
No i generally don't read what Tucker writes, I skipped through to Apel's post.

But you've now opposed the points you had issue with with actual counters, and I of course, agree with you.

It's obviously an issue that impacts on every single one of our lives, so banning discussion about it seems wrong, and the point of the news article was to emphasise social distancing as far as I can tell. We know there are too many idiots who don't take the virus seriously enough.

Deleted User - 4199644

I apologize for taking my grief out on this thread.
I should know better.
I also did not read the whole thread or click on the links.
I guess I just saw what I wanted to see.
I would delete my post but then what others said would make no sence.
I hope you can forgave a cowpoke in his time of anger and grief.
I never sent mail to the owners. I would not do that.
I have grown to love this game.