17yo Florida Teen Dies From Covid-19? I think not.

Deleted User - 3853873

sorry didnt even read article of the op when i see a blm terrorist icon .

Poker Alice

" Getting diseases is the only way to actually build up your natural immune system "

These two posts can lead to young people who think the virus not a danger but a good thing.

I am upset because my mother 75 years old is about to die of this. She is in the hospital and shows no sign of a recovery. They think she needs a full lung transplant. 3 weeks ago, she cook us pork ribs.
Sincerely, I am very sorry about your mother. A family is something very special and I hope you will always remember your mother's celebration of life. Mothers do give so much joy.

I recently had a close family member come to the end of her life from natural causes. Her heart, blood circulation system and lungs just got tired in her old age. It was just her time. Still we do morn their passing.

The elderly and immune deficient ill are at risk of any infections let along this very aggressive virus now in the news. It is sad and for good reason we sometimes find pandemic related news reporting a little too much. I try to limit myself. I want to know what is happening and learn more about the virus and sometimes even what stupid things people might be thinking or saying in the media. Pandemic's are serious and not much fun. But like you when I think have had enough; I want a distraction.

What I've learned so far, I'm always ready to change with new information. The immune systems are actually there because there is a bacterial or virus presence. This Covid-19 strain however is a serious threat. Keep in mind there are also some good bacteria and virus's that are not as aggressive. The idea that getting a disease can be a positive thing needs to be taken in context. Sometimes it is good but often not.

You are right not just the young but anyone can get the wrong idea from scientific statements. It is then compounded by world-wide media. It is always good I think to keep the communication going so people can hear all sides of any issue.

Bardoon, I am sorry about what you are going through. It is never an easy time. I spend time, bedside praying.

DeletedUser15368

The idea that getting a disease can be a positive thing needs to be taken in context
um.... care to elaborate how a deviation in the functional state of an organism is ever a positive?
I assume you are talking of the natural gut flora, and the fact that we are actually an eco-system of billions of organisms, but that isn't a disease. Diseases are bad.

Also offer my sincere condolences to @Bardoon, and I'm sorry for being aggressive in a previous post.

And finally just to annoy @williamjack after those absolute redneck comments:
BLACK LIVES MATTER, All lives can't matter until black lives matter in your society too.
EQUALITY & JUSTICE FOR EVERYONE (wear a bloody mask at the protests)

Last edited by a moderator:

Poker Alice

um.... care to elaborate how a deviation in the functional state of an organism is ever a positive?
I assume you are talking of the natural gut flora, and the fact that we are actually an eco-system of billions of organisms, but that isn't a disease. Diseases are bad.
disclaimer - (not covid-19 specific) sure I'll try to explain why I think a disease organism can be positive. I am not a health care professional. This is only from my own personal research. Still learning so do appreciate discussions on these subjects.

Yes, bacteria can be non-pathogen in nature as well as a few virus's. The ones which are pathogens though do result in a person being affected but to various degree. One case might have very serious results while another person might not even know they were infected. Maybe they have a slight headache, sore throat or runny nose that kind of thing. Why?

An immune system is designed to take care of the intruders. This is the reason why flu shots work. In some flu shots but not all, people are injected with a virus. In my own words - - - -> they are grown in a dish the bacteria/virus not the people and then their little peckers are cut off, so they can't reproduce. Not exactly accurate but it makes a point. The human bodies immune systems are only able to react when a virus is present, otherwise immune systems wouldn't have any function? The immune system might even become weakened or dormant without being exposed to the outside world? (Spanish flu)There are different immune systems in the human body that exercise by memory to control a reasonable balance in what inhabits our body. The body can develop immunity naturally or by intervention.

" Upon elimination of the invading pathogen, the majority of adaptive cells die and leave behind an (evergrowing) array of memory cell subsets. These memory cells offer a diversity of migratory properties and functions, collectively mediating a rapid and protective immune response upon reinfection. " - immune systems

DeletedUser15368

hmm fair enough, a vaccine doesn't cause the disease associated with the pathogen, but it does invoke an immune response to the foreign organism, which your body "remembers" for next time it comes into contact with a virulent strain of the pathogen.

Poker Alice

@lulumcnoob I still have so many questions. Natural immunity to a particular disease can develop after we have recovered from being sick. The trouble is these things also mutate over time. I wonder if the amount of particles we come in contact with has anything to do with our reaction to them. I don't really know.

I prefer not to get sick and practice resistance, hand wash, masking, even isolation all that stuff.

Deleted User - 3853873

Also offer my sincere condolences to @Bardoon, and I'm sorry for being aggressive in a previous post.

And finally just to annoy @williamjack after those absolute redneck comments:
BLACK LIVES MATTER, All lives can't matter until black lives matter in your society too.
EQUALITY & JUSTICE FOR EVERYONE (wear a bloody mask at the protests)
I agree with the all lives matter but not your blm which has been proven time and time again that they have terrorist members and say the things they do about all other races besides thier own.if you go to thier site and read what they want is is same as a white kkk in reverse.if they want to do something stop killing thier own race everyday how about protesting that.and yes they should wear a mask to stop the spread.as for this thread it should be taken down we play a game to get away from rl politics and discussions,this thread should be breaking the tos how its up is beyond me.should not be able to express your political views religion in a game all it does is divide your player base and cause people to quit.

Pankreas PorFavor

getting chickenpox when you're 9 (and then gain immunity) is much much better than getting it when you're 29, for example.
sure, it would be best to never get it, but it's one of those cases when it can be a positive :)

asdf124

This thread is about a mistake made by 2 parents during covid 19, so why are you guys giving time to bardoon? A clear troll that is just trolling and isn't doing anything to debate about it.

Clearly a violation of the forum rules due to being off topic again and again.

I agree with the all lives matter but not your blm which has been proven time and time again that they have terrorist members and say the things they do about all other races besides thier own.if you go to thier site and read what they want is is same as a white kkk in reverse.if they want to do something stop killing thier own race everyday how about protesting that.and yes they should wear a mask to stop the spread.as for this thread it should be taken down we play a game to get away from rl politics and discussions,this thread should be breaking the tos how its up is beyond me.should not be able to express your political views religion in a game all it does is divide your player base and cause people to quit.
Terrorist organization? Are you serious? In my opinion, due to the failure of US government, people should stop paying taxes in protest rather than pay taxes and still get abused. It is potentially better than protesting during these times as it is irresponsible to protest.

If Covid19 becomes airborne by the way. Mask or no mask, the only thing the mask would be doing is making it less likely to get the virus, however it is not a 100% guarantee. Meaning that it could potentially mean a false comfort of immunity against the virus. 700k dead so far since it started about at the end of January.

Its been 6 months and the death toll is with a lot of countries taking measures.

Poker Alice

This thread is about a mistake made by 2 parents during covid 19, so why are you guys giving time to bardoon? A clear troll that is just trolling and isn't doing anything to debate about it.

Clearly a violation of the forum rules due to being off topic again and again.
I wrote something in this thread about freedom of speech but wasn't thinking so much of the united nations declaration on freedom as much as the idea of being able to write something on the forum. Personally I don't mind threads that go a little off topic or different opinions even bordering on a rant as long as they aren't abusive. I couldn't write let me have the freedom to write and then try to prevent others from doing so as long as it isn't too over the top in any direction.

For that matter BLM is off topic and so is any discussion about what is a violation or not a violation or discussion even about virus's.? Not my call to make.

Deleted User - 4199644

This virus is a bit different.
You will gain an immunity to it we hope but it does so much damage to the lungs on the first run that you may have trouble breathing for years to come.
You will be stronger but your lungs could look like hamburger.

You hear about the deaths but how much do you hear about those who live through it.
They have scarred lungs. The lack of oxygen makes them weak. Yes some have no trouble but 100s of thousands are having trouble getting air.

I saw my moms lungs with a camera down into her lungs. It did look like hamburger. They are not good. Research the difficulties after a recovery.