Feedback 14th Birthday Speed Event

Lyrinx.

Agree, and I'm not putting the blame directly on the CMs, but what happens to the feedback? We say no more click-click events and then a week later, there was a click-click event
Clicky events are same as regular events. Someone at Hamburg says there will be one, then every market will have one. The only thing what our CoMa can decide is speed event, but there every market have to make x amount of speed events (minimum for, and there's no limit for the maximum). Plus every team forward every good idea and feedback, just what we don't know, who's reading it. So this part is kinda complicated.
Also, like lulu said, why can't some bonuses be for the permanent servers? They had to create an entirely new server to get bonuses and let the ones that can't participate in the speed server suffer.
This is a great question btw. Few years ago we got temporary bonuses like more exp or luck, but it generated bugs how I remember. Permanent premium bonuses can not be changed, and the answer was same as we get for migration all the time: "because cheese".

Anyway, let the guys speak about this speed, but I would love if someone make a new topic about temporary / permanently bonuses on older world.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
I remember that in the previous years, we used to get a special exp and drop bonus as well as the VIP medals for TW Bday. It takes 5 mins to implement something as simple as that which would have definitely made your customers happy. I guess you have your reasons why you didn't do it this year and instead are organizing a bingo and the speed world in which most of the players don't have time to participate in.

The current Birthday events are organized locally by our team. There are also plans for other global events for the 14th Birthday, please wait for more information in this matter, we will share with you as soon as we receive it.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
I'd like normal-worlds speed/money/drop/exp bonuses, so everyone can benefit on our actual permanent characters from the birthday celebrations.
Thanks for the feedback, will pass it on.

Only feedback I can give is that I think there should be more speed servers and also other event servers and there should be more gringos given out during each of them
We have this plan form now on. That is the reason why we have expanded our team with 2 Event Managers. So, please stay tuned for next events!

szycopath

So the fort battle event wasn't used to test changes to the fort bonus structure? Oh, it was!
It can be used in that way, it just isn't.

I don't know. Last ff server I attended was the one in 2017. I think there hasn't been one in like 2 years. Maybe it could be used that way, but it's not used that way so what's the point of this now? There aren't any actual changes made on this speed server it's just something to have a little fun with while our toons just do their usual boring stuff on "real" servers
Would it kill you people to breathe and just chill? I'm pretty sure no one meant this event to change the world or the game or anything, it's just to do something different than what we do every day

1651781164949.png

I don't know. Last ff server I attended was the one in 2017. I think there hasn't been one in like 2 years. Maybe it could be used that way, but it's not used that way so what's the point of this now?
That's exactly my point, it could be.
it's just something to have a little fun with while our toons just do their usual boring stuff on "real" servers
Wouldn't you rather have something constructive for the "real" servers instead of wasting time on event server?
Would it kill you people to breathe and just chill? I'm pretty sure no one meant this event to change the world or the game or anything, it's just to do something different than what we do every day
You can take your good vibes, wash, rinse, repeat, bruh, while the game wastes away. At least I'm asking for something different that can contribute to more data points and move towards making the game better.

Last edited:

szycopath

That's exactly my point, it could be.

Wouldn't you rather have something constructive for the "real" servers instead of wasting time on event server?

You can take your good vibes, wash, rinse, repeat, bruh, while the game wastes away. At least I'm asking for something different that can contribute to more data points and move towards making the game better.
You ain't asking for anything you're just nagging about something that can't be changed right now anyway. I'll rinse my good vibes and share some with you, clearly, you need it a lot more than I do :D
Done trashing up this thread tho, would say see u in the game but ..welp, ya know ...

Hello,
I need more information about the rules of this event : if you join a town, are you supposed to stay till the end in this town or is it possible to leave and come back later or change town as often as we want?

Marny

Hello,
I need more information about the rules of this event : if you join a town, are you supposed to stay till the end in this town or is it possible to leave and come back later or change town as often as we want?

• Town settings:
    • Towns can be left: Inactive
    • Trading: Not allowed! (Trading is prohibited by special event rules, technically is possible, but will be punished if happens. See event rules for more information.)
      Please note, with this setting we would like to address some concerns raised by the community on past events and eliminate the possibility of pushing; there is no reward for crafting, and buffs are available in the UP shop for dollars.
    • There will be a maximum of 10 town members
    • Alliances: Not allowed! (Joining alliances is not allowed, nor is the creation of an alliance. If this happens, the relevant players may be punished.)

Marny

Thank you for your feedback. :up:

We will take your criticism into consideration.
Do you have any suggestions for improving the Birthday Speed event?
If so, please let us know.

any improvements yet?

like for example:
  • Luck at jobs: +300%
  • Drop chance: +300%
which are very low for a speedworld

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
any improvements yet?

like for example:
The luck setting is in light of the found item contest. I’m not sure what the thinking was on the drop setting but it might be about discouraging the race for Lincoln’s pants.

RaiderTr

i think we need more gringos as rewards and more speed servers and union officer added to the shop so i can make level 5
Well at this point they should just put both Gringo and Union to Sale (time to time) for real.

They somewhat counter each other at OP'ness at least.

Only feedback I can give is that I think there should be more speed servers and also other event servers and there should be more gringos given out during each of them
Ah the sarcasm that almost no one understands.

Sleeping Sun

a speed world with tougher conditions
a speed world that ticks differently than the normal worlds
a speed world that makes you curious
a speed world that challenges, especially in relation to the fact that the trade is inactive, so you might have to think a little to do certain things.

the saloon is well attended and everyone has something to report or just say something trivial, it's like a big city :D or alliance...

i signed up because of these conditions, not to win prizes, but just for fun
i also signed up to pay respect to the event team for the work they have done, to give feedback, maybe find out ideas for other events to make them more fun and not so easy
they shouldn't always be the same, otherwise it gets boring :)

maybe i will find something to grumble about - oh grumbling is great :D :D :D

a speed world with tougher conditions
a speed world that ticks differently than the normal worlds
a speed world that makes you curious
a speed world that challenges, especially in relation to the fact that the trade is inactive, so you might have to think a little to do certain things.

the saloon is well attended and everyone has something to report or just say something trivial, it's like a big city :D or alliance...

i signed up because of these conditions, not to win prizes, but just for fun
i also signed up to pay respect to the event team for the work they have done, to give feedback, maybe find out ideas for other events to make them more fun and not so easy
they shouldn't always be the same, otherwise it gets boring :)

maybe i will find something to grumble about - oh grumbling is great :D :D :D

That's the-west we all want back and grumble about because it isn't :) Enjoy the 30 days!

L00nat33k

Way better server than december one, who'll win prize here will win it because of skill and time unlike on december one.

There's still room for improvements, for instance, there could be some daily mini prizes, that'd make different things interested for more people. For example if you're not going for ff prizes, or you don't have chance to win any anymore ... you lose interest in playing ff's ... if you'd get something for it, more people would join ff's ... also on duels ... for example if you do 5 duels per day and 1 ff per day ... you get 20 gold or something like that ... just to make more people interested in more things. Also craft stuff could be in shops ... so people going for crafting could buy things in shop (if it's possible to make prize in shop in resources that'd be even better, so you'd pay for it same as someone would craft it for you)

One more thing's bothering me ... too much time needed to play speed servers, you basicly need to be online almost 24/7 ... spamming 15s jobs, ... it's kinda time consuming, here something should change. Also there should be limit on number of ff's allowed/day and duels done/day ... just so you minimize time factor in competition ... who has more free time has clealry big advantage atm, even in ff stuff as there're like 10 ff's/day ...

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Way better server than december one, who'll win prize here will win it because of skill and time unlike on december one.

There's still room for improvements, for instance, there could be some daily mini prizes, that'd make different things interested for more people. For example if you're not going for ff prizes, or you don't have chance to win any anymore ... you lose interest in playing ff's ... if you'd get something for it, more people would join ff's ... also on duels ... for example if you do 5 duels per day and 1 ff per day ... you get 20 gold or something like that ... just to make more people interested in more things. Also craft stuff could be in shops ... so people going for crafting could buy things in shop (if it's possible to make prize in shop in resources that'd be even better, so you'd pay for it same as someone would craft it for you)

One more thing's bothering me ... too much time needed to play speed servers, you basicly need to be online almost 24/7 ... spamming 15s jobs, ... it's kinda time consuming, here something should change. Also there should be limit on number of ff's allowed/day and duels done/day ... just so you minimize time factor in competition ... who has more free time has clealry big advantage atm, even in ff stuff as there're like 10 ff's/day ...
on the FF front: https://forum.the-west.net/index.ph...-community-rule-on-abusive-fort-fights.60813/