Feedback 14th Birthday Speed Event

Artemis

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
Thank you for your feedback. :up:

We will take your criticism into consideration.
Do you have any suggestions for improving the Birthday Speed event?
If so, please let us know.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
so what gear will you be able to get? just shop gear and gear dropped plus whatever you get from fair?

will angus be active? if so it will be a speed event about playing adventures to trade for bonds.

Marny

• Money from jobs: +2500%
  • Experience points from jobs: +3000%
are both very high, even for a speedworld, especially compared with:
  • Luck at jobs: +300%
  • Drop chance: +300%
which are very low for a speedworld

12 hours duel protection.... quite short, but okay, it is a short speedworld ;-)

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Maybe, just maybe, have an event world that contributes to bettering the real game? This is just another stupid distraction.

FWIW this is the first speed event during my time that is actually synergistic with recent developments and helps the main game (albeit a part of the game I suspect you don’t care for)

That is, the speed server interacts with the main game when it comes to adventures. By including an adventure component the main game should see substantially increased availability of opponents in adventures right after a new set that is tuned for adventures has been introduced.

I consider this progress and a welcome change from past contests that were entirely disconnected from if not distracting from the main game.

Victor Kruger

No thanks, synergistic or not NOTHING is going to get me doing mind numbing, time wasting, boring addys. Let alone spending my time and energy on any cash grab :roll: sorry speed world.

But Happy Birthday The West anyway..:roll:

Last edited:
So new event gear for adventures are released, and then a speed world is going to open with no event gear? How is that going to be fair? Welcome to slaughterventures!

However, you are correct, I have no interest in adventures, and it's safe to say that I haven't seen any single char stating that they can't wait for adventures to be fixed because that's why they play this game. The features that help a community, trading, alliances, big active towns, are the features that keep the game active. The rewards are items that are stated to be OP, and more will be distributed into worlds that you're trying to fix battles. To me, this world is the complete opposite of anything that the game at that height of its activity was known for and loved.

Clever Hans

I remember that in the previous years, we used to get a special exp and drop bonus as well as the VIP medals for TW Bday. It takes 5 mins to implement something as simple as that which would have definitely made your customers happy. I guess you have your reasons why you didn't do it this year and instead are organizing a bingo and the speed world in which most of the players don't have time to participate in.

Alduin

Same rewards again and again one time could be considered good but currently raccoons going to invade that world to gather trash. Classic inno being classic inno. Nothing new, same wheel keep doing his job and its job is doing nothing. Premiums on so wallet warriors can do their wallet warrioring again.

Hypnosis

Thank you for your feedback. :up:

We will take your criticism into consideration.
Do you have any suggestions for improving the Birthday Speed event?
If so, please let us know.
Exellent idea about this speed event! And i`m sure that a lot of the west fans would like to try it!

Dont change rules, they are very good and protect normal players from multi-accounts abusers!

Although it would be good if you rised rewards or making more options to receive them :)

One mo

Lyrinx.

Looks like most of you are newer who didn't played in the past.

1. Since you will be able to get ridiculous amount of money, you will be able to buy clothes for duells from stranger towns if they have any good stuff. The mexican set is a good dueller gear, just you wont be able to increase them to lvl 5.
  2. About adventures. How long we have to wait for a single game? 2-3 hours? I think during event if you go to win the adventure category, only few older characters will bother you cuz not a single soul will go there. Plus the game sometimes drops the old mpi set, wich is enough for you guys, you dont need any better sets at event server.
  3. I kinda understand if some you don't like speed events. I don't like them too, but I will not complain against it, and say that I have no time to play there or other creative bs. Many other play wanna like it and enjoy it, so in this case, just don't reply.
  4. You can't win anything at the exp / crafting category so the whole minigame depends on how good can you be in specific categories. Autoclickers and pushing can't be a threat now, if you can't buy anything from the market.
  5. Gringo/gonzales/old avatars are the current event rewards, there's nothing else you can give to players, just older sets which are useless. What else you want to get when there's nothing good? Union officer which is forbidden?
It's hard to believe that I have to defend a speed server while in the past I was the one who said these rewards will kill the game. Guys, think a little bit first than reply here. In a year we will get minimum 4 speed event, it can't be less just more. Enjoy it or don't bother yourself, like I do.

Marny

........ The features that help a community, trading, alliances, big active towns, are the features that keep the game active. The rewards are items that are stated to be OP, and more will be distributed into worlds that you're trying to fix battles. To me, this world is the complete opposite of anything that the game at that height of its activity was known for and loved.

:up:

It seems I am not the only one with a heavy diskike of adventures.

For lots of people the main thing of The West is playing together with friends, in towns, alliances, chatting,trading, helping (not pushing) each other, questing, crafting, even fort battles are serving communities.

And there comes this speed event:
- Fort battles without alliamces,
- no trading, no crafting, no questing (remember for solving the main questlines and other quests you have to put up dead-or-alive-posters and duel (only possible in a town, but you cannot leave the town afterwards and so are bait for the duellists every 12 hours)
- quite big focus in adventures (imho a two sided ego-shooter mini-game, not something for a community)
- duelling

I think, there will be two sorts of participants:
- guys who want some Gringo's items so badly, that they are trying to get them this way, and threfore will use any allowed or perhaps even unallowed means to win them and so create hard work for support
- single fun players, who want to test the speed features, maybe try to find some things, but will not play regularly or intense and will not build or join towns

Perhaps i will be one of the latter, but I am not sure right now.