1.3x typos, bad translations and text errors

Discussion in 'Bug archive' started by Diggo11, Oct 25, 2010.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diggo11

Diggo11 InnoGames

This thread is for any typos, bad translations or text errors that still exist after the update to version 1.30.

If you find any mistakes in the game text please post them here. If a thread already exists about it please post it here as well. Every so often we will go through all the translations and fix the errors that have been posted. Once this happens the post reporting it will marked as completed, however the game text may not change until the next update.

This thread is not for any other bugs.

2. Jouais

Jouais Guest

Should be:

"What is that? ... The sword ... It's screaming!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010
  3. Darth Maul 2

Darth Maul 2 Guest

And when you open up the a telegram it reads "Telegramme" Only when you open up one, not else.

Sent to devs - missing translation

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2010
  4. Good Feather

Good Feather Well-Known Member

The gold dust text probably needs to be changed, as it worked well for the quest, but it is now a job and it doesn't make sense now to read that text when you mouse over it.

Maybe it could say "A bit of gold dust from a failed robbery."
    see attachment

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  5. Jouais

Jouais Guest

Same deal as the coyotes were:

The job currently reads Hunt Rattlesnakes, and should be Hunting Rattlesnakes.
    The job currently reads Darn Socks, and should be Darning Socks.
    The job currently reads Pick Blueberries, and should read Picking Blueberries.
    The job currently reads Catch Crabs, and should read Catching Crabs.
    The job currently reads Break up gangs, and should read Breaking up gangs.

Then again, this could all be on purpose, and I may have just wasted 5 minutes of my life. If it turns out these are errors, I'll post up the rest of the jobs needing changes later. They're not all new.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010
  6. herbie49

herbie49 Guest

If you have accepted a quest but not finished it, in the quest book it says "failed"
    I think it should be "not completed"

Sent to devs - new string required

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
  7. Bad Billy Jack

Bad Billy Jack Well-Known Member

I don't think this is entirely true. It looks to me like we get failed on a quest in the quest book for the same reason we used to get an X. Time of day incorrect, something needs to be equipped, not at quest giver, etc; but we do have the hours for a timed quest or products for requirements.

I also think West tried to come up with a very short word that would fit on the line w/o wrap-around, when they wanted to say "requirements not met".

Not completed doesn't quite do it, cuz if we only have 1/2 coal, let's say, it would not be completed, but would not get a failed.

However, I DO agree that "failed" is definitely NOT the correct word. Failed leads the player to believe that there is a bug or the game is broken.

[​IMG]

8. Samiiira

Samiiira Guest

The job currently reads Catch Crabs, and should read Catching Crabs.

LOL CATCHING CRABS! this game has brothels now?!
    I notice a lot of stuff with jobs, like "beaver hunt" when I think it should be with the other hunting group.. maybe called "Hunting beavers." No?
    Maybe Building an irrigation system, Building a railroad station, Feeding the cattle, Mowing the pasture, Harvesting potatoes/pumpkins, Scaring birds off the field, Repairing fences.
    That's all I can notice at this moment but I do know of quite a few things I have seen that really were grammatically incorrect and should be changed... but as I said, I cannot think of any right now.

[​IMG]

9. JoxerTM

JoxerTM Well-Known Member

"Bloody cloth" item should be renamed. Just like "Catching crabs" - it can have another meaning.

[​IMG]

10. NosajDraw

NosajDraw Guest

It is impossible to avoid phrases with double or more meanings in the English language, seems pointless to try except perhaps in the most extreme or those that routinely produce gales of laughter.

The closest to that is "Beaver hunt" which always seems to raise an eyebrow, however I like it, and would prefer it stays.

The truth has been spoken

11. Jouais

Jouais Guest

It should read:

"... point bonus for the job [no "of"] picking cotton, where you can find the bale of cotton."

Would read better as:

How about [no "if"] I take some of those from you and give you a young horse?

[​IMG]

12. Wizdoom

Wizdoom Guest

OK. There are a couple of things where the Internet is attempting to rewrite usage.

In the Character page the "/" slash has a space before and after. There is nothing to support this unless quoting poetry.

Also, the dollar sign does NOT follow the numeral. EVER.

Both of these, I believe, are attempts to dumb down the language. Let's not support that, OK?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2011
  13. nashy19

nashy19 Nashy (as himself)

When an item is sold the market mouseover says "Pick up: item" while the telegram says you can go to collect your money.

14. Darth Maul 2

Darth Maul 2 Guest

15. Kangar00

Kangar00 Guest

It should read:

"...my whole life and now..."

[​IMG]

16. Alphasas

Alphasas Guest

When you mouse over cash in hand, It says:
    Your Cash is not safe. You can lose it in a duel or when you die during work.

Should it not be if?

[​IMG]

17. DrMmmPie

DrMmmPie Guest

Gemstones(Precious rocks from the water) Bug

With the 1.30 update Gemstones were renamed "Semi-precious stones"

But for the mission in the title the;

Target says: Find two gemstones

and the requires says:

Semi-precious stones */2

[​IMG]

I think it would be better if the target was changed to Semi-precious stones also. As it may cause a little confusion.

[​IMG]

18. Cowdy

Cowdy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Change "Constructing a ranch house" to "Construct a ranch house", I mean the other three jobs have it in the jobs name. Why not let contructing a ranch house have it too?

[​IMG]

19. Jouais

Jouais Guest

For the new premium worlds, the Shaman reset says "Placate Shamans."

There is only one Shaman ingame, which is Waupee's Grandfather. It should be Shaman; singular, not plural.

[​IMG]

20. Jaackq

Jaackq New Member

Catch Crabs

Greetings,
    I would like to submit that the job of "catch crabs" be retitled to "catchin' crawdads". Crabs are found on the beach by the ocean, crawdads are found in creeks and ponds. The setting for this game is not near the ocean, but the game setting does have alot of creeks/rivers/ponds. Thank you for taking the time to consider this suggestion.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.