1.32 sounds — flash on every page!

DeletedUser

Dear Inno,

it's 2011, please don't be forcefully loading Flash on every view of the game. Sounds are interesting (even though I'd be turning them off anyway so I can play from work), but the Flash plugin is a known cause of performance problems and crashes, and would make it impractical to go on playing the game the way I do. (My laptop at work is very low-power, I wouldn't want Flash to be in memory all the time.)

Using it for fort battles is fine, because that's a specific aspect of the game that I open only when I want to. Using it for reports is fine because there's a non-flash alternative. Using it on every view makes the game no longer something I want to keep open.

Additionally: some people prefer to play on multiple worlds by keeping a browser window open with one world on each tab. This update makes that impractical for two reasons: the Flash will make that browser crawl (especially on less powerful computers), and the sound from multiple worlds will pile up.

Thanks for the great work so far; the crafting system is a lot of fun and the new avatars seem cool. But if the game continues to transition to use more and more flash, I'm going to have to drop it.

DeletedUser

Dear Lalo, if you want them to stop using flash, you'll have to provide an alternative. HTML5 for example?

DeletedUser

Dear Lalo, if you want them to stop using flash, you'll have to provide an alternative. HTML5 for example?

Are you serious? No, I do not. I don't work for Innogames. I'm a user and I give them feedback. As a developer, I can tell you: telling them what to do is a waste of my time and possibly offensive to the dev team. They're more than able to find solutions by themselves. Valuable feedback from users is what is great, what is bad, what is a good opportunity for improvement, what I'd like to have.

I've been playing this for about two years. It never required Flash. Now it does. That's a problem for me. This is my feedback. Please don't waste your time trying to tell me how to formulate my feedback; if Inno wants additional information from me, they know how to contact me and ask.

DeletedUser

html5 won't be in its final draft 'til 2022
ask me if I care. :)

if you want something removed, then provide an alternative. just like in some cases slow java or childish PHP can be avoided by using python... which doesn't have it's final draft (perhaps it'll appear in 2099 AD) but's still awsome for scripting.

Are you serious? No, I do not. I don't work for Innogames. I'm a user and I give them feedback. As a developer, I can tell you: telling them what to do is a waste of my time and possibly offensive to the dev team. They're more than able to find solutions by themselves. Valuable feedback from users is what is great, what is bad, what is a good opportunity for improvement, what I'd like to have.
Your feedback should go to Adobe. Not to Inno. Flash problem is not really Inno's problem - the whole internet works on/with Flash now.
There is no offense to dev team here, they make everything they can with Flash and in my case, I say it's great work. But their work is nohow related to Flash itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks for your opinion. It appears you lack some experience with regards to how things work in a few areas, but they're your opinions and you're entitled to them. Just don't fill the topic with non-contributing comments.

DeletedUser14793

Thanks for your opinion. It appears you lack some experience with regards to how things work in a few areas, but they're your opinions and you're entitled to them. Just don't fill the topic with non-contributing comments.

hey thats what joxer does, fills every thread with useless verbal diarrhea.

DeletedUser

Ooh, my fanbase is still filling... And I thought it died when unhinged ceased to preach. Can I drool?

NEXT!

Noobmic

@Lalo the Kid - is right, I disabled FlashBlocker a while ago to access fort battles, but that sound that stays all the time, I don't agree with it.

Suggestions:
First of all add in settings option to enable/disable sound. IF we disable it then nothing is loaded;
Second for all modern browsers use HTML5 audio API, if browser doesn't support it then fallback to flash.

At least for me I want an option to disable it for good. Don't need sounds.

DeletedUser16008

This game is getting more annoying with every update ... now flash everywhere.... jeeez

DeletedUser16008

easy fix: mute the sound on your computer :p works great!

yea that works great when im in conference on skype or trying to watch a vid ... if I wanted to mess around with my computer and configuration etc i wouldn't be wasting my time on a "supposed" browser game thats "supposed" to sit quietly in the background... which i shan't be much longer it seems. :whistle:

DeletedUser

I agree that Flash can cause severe slowdowns and such. If they want some feedback on how to fix that, I suggest an option in settings to disable sounds beyond the mute button. Just don't generate the flash object if we select an option asking them not to.

DeletedUser

Aye, at times my Activity monitor says Firefox is running at 1.2gb of ram and The West is all I use it for.

DeletedUser

If they want some feedback on how to fix that, I suggest an option in settings to disable sounds beyond the mute button. Just don't generate the flash object if we select an option asking them not to.
^this^