1.3 feedback

DeletedUser

I don't care for the removal of the quest KO. Forced me to kill of the Burglar, Prison Guard, and Art Thief.

DeletedUser22685

Not only can I not be bothered travelling from location to location after 1.29, I can't sleep when I'm left unprotected with 100 hp after a few duels with my ranged dueler :(

DeletedUser

duelers and adventurers are not so good like soldiers.it is needed to resolve the problem

DeletedUser6752

There are a lot of aspects of the 1.30 update that I like - among them the new jobs, the change of the level cap, belts and pants - among other things.

There are three things about the update I don't particulary like:

1) for belts and pants, there doesn't seem to be an even distribution per shop construction level like with the "original" items - towns will not have any of a certain type of pants or belt; with older item classes, the towns had two top hats when the tailor reached level 8, for example. Too many kinds of pants and belts, and many towns don't get any of a certain class of either item. And why did all the "fancy" pants and belts get assigned to construction level 10? That was never the pattern in the past; the fancy bowler was at the same level as the regular bowlers. It should be the same with pants and belts.

2) The pants and belts give even more advantage to resistance duelers - even long before the update, I noticed that a large percentage of duelers were choosing resistance dueling because it is highly advantageous for repeated dueling. In essence it is much easier to resistance duel if you want a high yield in number of duels, and the risk of losing a revenge duel is noticeably lower.

3) The thing that bugs me most of all, on a daily basis, is how the game will re-focus the screen on my current location. I will be mulling over jobs for the day, or looking at prospective dueling targets, when all of a sudden the screen fades out and takes me back to my current location. This is most unwanted - I know where I am, and if I forget, there is a button at the bottom left corner to remind me. It only aggravates me and requires me to re-find the spot where I was before. If there is a real need for this "feature", I fail to see what it is. I'd like to lobby for its removal.

DeletedUser14006

3) The thing that bugs me most of all, on a daily basis, is how the game will re-focus the screen on my current location. I will be mulling over jobs for the day, or looking at prospective dueling targets, when all of a sudden the screen fades out and takes me back to my current location. This is most unwanted - I know where I am, and if I forget, there is a button at the bottom left corner to remind me. It only aggravates me and requires me to re-find the spot where I was before. If there is a real need for this "feature", I fail to see what it is. I'd like to lobby for its removal.

Hahaha, 100% agree with this point! ;)

DeletedUser

Me too :) In fact I agree with all 3 points. I don't understand how resistance builds are still so powerful. i know i could choose one, but isn't it a tad boring when you 'need' to pick a specific build in order to compete? and i appreciate there are ways to beat them, but sure altering them a bit would help the game.

Whatever, I guess... I suppose ultimately anyone ranking here or crowing about themselves with a resistance build won't have the same kudos attached as someone who did equally as well with a lesser build.

It's the 'low leg sweep' in Way of the Exploding Fist all over again.

DeletedUser6752

And another thing - enough with this automatically logging off accounts once a day - especially right in the middle of a session! I mean, come on - if I'm not online for a while, ok - then I can log back in when I get here. But right in the MIDDLE of something? That's pure BS!
I was just logged into w9 - I checked my jobs and saw I had a telegram f rom a friend. I read it, typed a lengthy reply (too lengthy, if anything) and when I clicked the SEND button - BAM! Invalid Session - and the telegram I just finished was LOST! Just exactly what did I say, that took me 10 minutes to type? I'd never be able to recreate it exactly, and I had no way to do a copy/paste after I got booted from the server. That is pretty lame, to say the least. Like I said - if I've been offline (like I will in about an hour from now, for the next 8 hours or so, just like every day), then fine - bump me and make me log in again when I open up Firefox again. But to bump me while I am ACTIVE? Not cool at all!!

DeletedUser25480

And another thing - enough with this automatically logging off accounts once a day - especially right in the middle of a session! I mean, come on - if I'm not online for a while, ok - then I can log back in when I get here. But right in the MIDDLE of something? That's pure BS!
I was just logged into w9 - I checked my jobs and saw I had a telegram f rom a friend. I read it, typed a lengthy reply (too lengthy, if anything) and when I clicked the SEND button - BAM! Invalid Session - and the telegram I just finished was LOST! Just exactly what did I say, that took me 10 minutes to type? I'd never be able to recreate it exactly, and I had no way to do a copy/paste after I got booted from the server. That is pretty lame, to say the least. Like I said - if I've been offline (like I will in about an hour from now, for the next 8 hours or so, just like every day), then fine - bump me and make me log in again when I open up Firefox again. But to bump me while I am ACTIVE? Not cool at all!!

Not meaning to annoy you but this has never happened to me or anyone else i have spoke to, is it a problem at your end? my west has been logged in on the same world for nearly 10 hours now and it hasn't happened....

DeletedUser3543

Not meaning to annoy you but this has never happened to me or anyone else i have spoke to, is it a problem at your end? my west has been logged in on the same world for nearly 10 hours now and it hasn't happened....

He's talking about the daily log off / log in bonus.

You automatically get logged out every 24 hours.

To be fair though, it's not that hard to remember if the 24 hours is coming up or not, and if you're not sure, then just log out and in again, and then carry on with life, safe in the knowledge you have another 24 hours to wait :D

DeletedUser6914

Has the update killed all the high end items in fortbattles, or do people still get the best named items?

I got some really expensive pants, buying price 20k+, but nothing that can't be bought.

DeletedUser6752

He's talking about the daily log off / log in bonus.

You automatically get logged out every 24 hours.

To be fair though, it's not that hard to remember if the 24 hours is coming up or not, and if you're not sure, then just log out and in again, and then carry on with life, safe in the knowledge you have another 24 hours to wait :D
If I followed a regular schedule that might be easy enough to do. As it is, however, sometimes I get home at 5, sometimes at 9, or anywhere in between; and I had literally been actively changing gear and performing other functions in that world all the way up until I tried to send the telegram and got the logout message. It would make much more sense to log someone out if they've been idle for 20 minutes or more, out of consideration for what they might be in the process of doing.

And wasn't the login bonus supposed to be IF AND WHEN you logged in? If I don't log out, I don't log back in - and don't get the bonus points. I can live without them. In fact, in one world those points screwed me 2 levels in a row (levels 98 and 99) where I was trying to get the medal for leveling up with construction experience. So I can certainly get along without the bonus points, and honestly would rather have the chance to "opt out" of that "feature".

DeletedUser

I appreciate the update down to the amount of new things added. I mainly appreciate the fact that I can now do Darn Socks to start off my account. You need to manage it, but it works all together.

DeletedUser

one thing i don't really like about the update is the amount of boxes soldiers get from fort battle the boxes should be limited to 1 box per person in fort fight don't see any sense in a person claiming the whole rewards in which everyone took bullet for why someone goes and snipe and get 5 boxes this is insane come on it is flaw in development

DeletedUser9470

one thing i don't really like about the update is the amount of boxes soldiers get from fort battle the boxes should be limited to 1 box per person in fort fight don't see any sense in a person claiming the whole rewards in which everyone took bullet for why someone goes and snipe and get 5 boxes this is insane come on it is flaw in development

Hi, My name is -Neo-, I am a Soldier 0% dueller playing w10.
I dont agree with what you say
i have attended at least 10 fort fights since the update, in all battles I have done fairly good damage and dodged quite a few bullets. yet i have only had 1 box drop.
so it isnt anything to do with being a soldier.

i do agree though that rewards should be given out to everyone, work as a team, win as a team. for sure it is unfair some get loads of boxes and others dont get any.
there is definately a part of luck involved in the drops, but one thing is for sure, the best hitters always get boxes.
this means that the best are rewarded. this is the way things should be. i despise the "everyones a winner" politics we now have in schools.
if im gonna win without actually winning then why should i bother even trying?
so we end up with talented people who dont try and non talented people who become superstars!
welcome to the Wayne Rooney west!
XD
"swear word! swear word! swear word! referee! I wasnt offside you swear word!"

DeletedUser22685

1) for belts and pants, there doesn't seem to be an even distribution per shop construction level like with the "original" items - towns will not have any of a certain type of pants or belt; with older item classes, the towns had two top hats when the tailor reached level 8, for example. Too many kinds of pants and belts, and many towns don't get any of a certain class of either item. And why did all the "fancy" pants and belts get assigned to construction level 10? That was never the pattern in the past; the fancy bowler was at the same level as the regular bowlers. It should be the same with pants and belts.
That's not the only inconsitency between the way new items were thought out and the way old ones were. When you write Wiki pages listing every clothing item in the game you pick up on some patterns bonus-wise amongst a certain type of item, slightly varying with the colour of the item. These are non-existent in pants and belts, they just have any random bonus with the exception of certain types of belts that give attribute-only bonuses. Sure, this doesn't affect gameplay or anything but it goes hand in hand with what you said in your point in that it seems like not as much effort was put into the creation of belts and pants as what was put into the original items. Just something that bugged me, hehe.

DeletedUser6752

That's not the only inconsitency between the way new items were thought out and the way old ones were. When you write Wiki pages listing every clothing item in the game you pick up on some patterns bonus-wise amongst a certain type of item, slightly varying with the colour of the item. These are non-existent in pants and belts, they just have any random bonus with the exception of certain types of belts that give attribute-only bonuses. Sure, this doesn't affect gameplay or anything but it goes hand in hand with what you said in your point in that it seems like not as much effort was put into the creation of belts and pants as what was put into the original items. Just something that bugged me, hehe.

I agree with that - I thought it was pretty random the way they gave skills & attributes to belts and pants, but I never have the energy or fortitude to even consider analyzing it.

DeletedUser22685

Yeah well I wouldn't have either but I had to pick up on it whether I wanted to or not since I listed every single one of the damn things.

Bad Billy Jack

HeHe. West was being EVIL again <love EVIL> when they did the pants & belts. Trying to confuse us.

Belts especially. We now have em coming outta our ears!

Gotta love it!