1.3 feedback

DeletedUser

1.30 has just revived my west career. I'm back and excited to get to Lvl 120!

I'm currently making my shopping list for all the pants + belts I want to buy. Crazy bonuses!

Welcome back!

Still play in W1?

DeletedUser

Yep, the NPCs are bad now. You got like 40 XP from each NPC duel before :(. And now nothing. But new features and stuff awaits :)

DeletedUser

Something is bothering me with the new jobs, you need same labour point for picking potatoes and hunting grizzlies... or feed cattle. its quite annoying....

DeletedUser

Knight: http://www.tw-db.info/ among other sites that list the jobs.

About the NPC duel exp: belts+pants+golden weapons+ fake golden weapons+crackers+other things all made npc dueling give entirely too much experience.In beta players were gaining 10k exp everyday dueling NPC's. 2 of my characters took a blow from this cut too but i think this change was sorta needed.

DeletedUser

Haha. Dueler bonus is awesome. They can now camp in a 15 minute radious!!! :D

DeletedUser28121

i agree npc dueling was doomed from the time the loophole was discovered but i still got a sweet 90K XP out of it ..... too bad, i'm now stuck on lvl 93 and have to lvl up the old fashioned way.....:eek:

but the amount of new jobs and the ridiculous new bonuses gained with pants and belts is awful..... hate the fact that i'll now need 80K to buy all the stuff i need :(

DeletedUser14006

The devs tucked me up lol, after weeks and weeks of cracker whoring and anywhere up to around $180k spent on them and a further $60k spent on a respec in order to duel NPC's a hell of a lot for massive XP return I find that they have nerfed the XP return from NPC dueling!

I want a bloody refund on all these crackers and an apology from the devs!

On a serious note though, something as important as this should be announced prior to an update - there was no mention of it on the changelog.

DeletedUser

Surely using a loophole is far less rewarding than playing the game properly.

It's like the low leg sweep in Way Of The Exploding Fist. A winner, but hardly satisfying :)

DeletedUser28121

It's like the low leg sweep in Way Of The Exploding Fist. A winner, but hardly satisfying :)

nah not really, i did not get a kick out of leveling up.... it was just a means to an end... the end being more ap's and sp's and those cool fort pants that u get on lvl 99 :D

DeletedUser

A loophole is an unintended feature that is made use of, such as using self-ko as a way to teleport back to town and thus avoid travel time. Duelling the NPCs worked exactly as designed, so it can hardly be described as a loophole. Maybe the design was bad, but that's another issue. You may as well say that being duelled in work clothes is a loophole because it allows one player to make almost risk-free points and money.

Part of my build and my spend was geared to using this feature - even my class, dueller, was chosen because it gave me one or two more NPC duels a day through speedier motivation recovery. The goalposts have been moved and I shall just have to deal with it but it takes some of the fun out of it to find that after several months' effort I am now playing a different game to the one my character was designed for, and what was a perfectly good, but irreversible, decision in the past is now just a liability.

DeletedUser28121

well, i kinda abused all that with the introduction of crackers and cookies... a quick respec into a melee dueler gave me huge HP and an opportunity to duel npc's all day long while keeping my mot near 100(90) % always. suffice to say that my daily loging bonuses were around 2.5-3.5K... its a shame i only started it a few day ago :(

DeletedUser

Only logged into W1. All other accounts are on the 'new premium' worlds and will be deleted soon, since I cannot condone SP/AP purchasing via premium. I swear the Murder Quest and Map Quest 'Quest Givers' have disappeared.

DeletedUser

nope they are still there. i noticed tho they are a square on the map now instead of a joblike circle

DeletedUser

Sweed: it's still ok ,you just need to move to the NPC quest giver spot to complete it.

Bill:yeap bugs will still be fixed for a while it's a major upgrade but what reusable items are you talking about?
I was talking about the marzipan potatoes, gingerbread, licorice and other consumable stuff we get from the calendar. I only have one door left to open at this point.

Just to clarify this one mate, I think you can complete some quests from NPC quest givers even if you are not on the spot. Once you've already accepted it on the spot, as long as you already have the requirements, you can just hit the "Complete" button anywhere you are in the map. One example of this is the quest on the ghost town where I have to do fire fighting. I accepted it long ago and when I was finally able to firefight, I just waited for the level cap to be extended for me to hit the "complete" button and that's what I did yesterday even if I was miles away from the ghost town.

DeletedUser

The devs tucked me up lol, after weeks and weeks of cracker whoring and anywhere up to around $180k spent on them and a further $60k spent on a respec in order to duel NPC's a hell of a lot for massive XP return I find that they have nerfed the XP return from NPC dueling!

I want a bloody refund on all these crackers and an apology from the devs!

On a serious note though, something as important as this should be announced prior to an update - there was no mention of it on the changelog.
The whole cracker/cookie Christmas scene turned into an unexpected exploit, thus it was treated as a bug and an emergency fix imposed. Changelogs don't catch emergencies most of the time.

Anyway, I'm just glad I won't get people whistling at me anymore...

nopants.png

(yeah, had to post it one more time)

DeletedUser

The duel window not filtering out players that are sleeping/on vacation makes it kind of crappy.