1.3 feedback

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
The inventory doesn't lag for me anymore.
I don't know if it's because of the update or the tweaks I did on the same day, though.

DeletedUser

nope they are still there. i noticed tho they are a square on the map now instead of a joblike circle

They're not and my picture is gone from my inventory. I had done what was required for the 'Ambushed' part of the raid quest and since I hadn't "completed" the quest that has been removed to.

DeletedUser

ouch. that sucks man. i guess i lucked out. one thing i did find weird and a little uncool is that you have to go back to on frest to complete the quests instead of being able to just complete anywhere.

if this is the same for other quests, people are going to be having a few extra hot spots to look for as duelers. i finishd the raid today, and was lucky to find a few things in the market to buy for my 10k instead of wandering with it

DeletedUser

Can we get rid of th misting effect? I think it might be causing my eyes (and I guess others too) to try and refocus all the time, certainly it seems to strain my eyes when looking at the misty area which isn't present when I look at the centre of the map.

Also my inventory is slow sometimes, evening vanishing (the contents) several times after using a Gingerbread, selling stuff to shops can take 10 to 20 seconds during which time nothing can happen before I get the money for what I've sold.

I use Google Chrome.

DeletedUser

How to eliminate the haze and bring back the old look:

Firefox:
1>Add the extension "Ad block plus",handy to stop spam on the net anyways,you can get it here : link
2>Install it and restart Firefox and log in TheWest .
3>Do CTR+Shift+V wait a few seconds for console to load
4>Under the blockable items type in "haze" in the search box
5>double click "http://en12.the-west.net/images/map/haze.png" ,en12 might be something else for your world.
6>click the 1st box below "the pattern can be any part of the adress",the box that has :
en12.the-west.net/images/map/haze.png (again en12 might be something else for you)
7>press "add filter" at the bottom right.
8>Close the ad block console,and hit F5 ,Voila no more haze.

Chrome should have similar extensions.If you want the haze back just delete your filter .

This is not optimum I think it would be a better solution if in the future we get a filter integrated with the UI,under map setting with a check mark for haze.

DeletedUser

That's great, it works fine, thanks for that.

I've just seen, after this edit I can't see the player icon where I am, also the icons for other players are gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Unannounced changes:
Quest KOs.
Requiring you to be at the quest giver to complete all quests.
Anything else?

I suppose both of these involved exploiting game mechanics, i.e. losing a quest duel for 48 hours of duel protection and spam challenging to win a difficult quest duel, assuming said duel is at a quest giver, like Lucas and Scott.

Regardless of how you feel about them, they shouldn't just slip in major changes and not include them in the changelog, and these are both major changes. Do you duelers remember how outraged you were when they twice tried to make motivation affect dueling income without any announcement or discussion?

Edit: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Saltin again

Thanks for the tip. I was going to look at removing the haze with GM, but ABP is a much simpler solution, although what you want to filter is: http://*.the-west.net/images/map/haze.png or you could do http://*.the-west.*/images/map/haze.png if you play on multiple language servers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That's great, it works fine, thanks for that.

I've just seen, after this edit I can't see the player icon where I am, also the icons for other players are gone.

You skipped step number 6 herbie,by default the ad block picks the haze + tiny icons together, you want to change that to only blocking haze without blocking the little icons.
Delete your filter and redo it,it works fine for me and only block haze and nothing else.

I havent had much luck in Chrome,it should work in theory but for some reasons it doesn't,there are several extensions available:
Customize and control (little wrench)-->Tools-->Extensions-->Get more extensions-->type adblock in the search box
If you can get it to work in Chrome post and let us know.

DeletedUser

Unannounced changes:
Quest KOs.
Requiring you to be at the quest giver to complete all quests.
Anything else?
Both the new fort battle formula and the npc duel experience changes are not in the actual game log change but they are in the our forum bullet list posted by our CM.Some of the other communities CM's have added the elimination of the quest npc duel protection to that list.This suggest the change was decided on towards release time.Keep in mind this is still an early version of 1.3 ,there is going to be several more.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Saltin again
aha thanks,I tried to do the same thing to you on one of your helpful post too and couldn't either :)

And yes your suggestion on the global filters+ use of wildcards makes this even better/faster.

DeletedUser

You skipped step number 6 herbie,by default the ad block picks the haze + tiny icons together, you want to change that to only blocking haze without blocking the little icons.
Delete your filter and redo it,it works fine for me and only block haze and nothing else.

I havent had much luck in Chrome,it should work in theory but for some reasons it doesn't,there are several extensions available:
Customize and control (little wrench)-->Tools-->Extensions-->Get more extensions-->type adblock in the search box
If you can get it to work in Chrome post and let us know.

That was the problem, fixed now, thanks again.

DeletedUser

Its funny the game is lagging for me after the update.:huh:
Anyway I like most of the updates.They are well thought out and well implemented.
Just don't like L60 & L80 hall of fame in old worlds.kind of ruins the whole point of the HOF.:unsure:

DeletedUser

I don't think it's possible to have a character with a "full jobs build" anymore... Don't know if anyone has tried this already, but I couldn't think of way... at least not yet...

DeletedUser

My gf doesn't see it either, I suspect but I find it very annoying.

DeletedUser

I really like 1.30 since the Darn Socks job is helping my Pure Hider(To be Defense Fort Fighter) get a higher level.. Until Hunting Turkeys. Also, I really prefer these quests to the older ones.

DeletedUser

Where is the tutorial from the beginning of the game? I no longer found it. Can someone help me? :unsure:

Diggo11

The tutorial has been temporarily disabled whilst some functionalities are fixed, when it's ready to go we'll enable the tutorial again.