1.29 ruins dueling

DeletedUser14793

Basiclly just killed dueling. lucky if you can find 3 or 4 ppl to duel now, so much running around and time wasting. As far as im concerned just another nail in the coffin. I think theres only room for 1 more nail.

DeletedUser

I'm not really a big fan either seems silly to me. Definitely won't be dueling as much now if I continue at all.

DeletedUser13636

It has not even been here for a day yet, lets give it a chance and see how we feel after at least a couple of days.

DeletedUser

I tried dueling at a town today and there was one person at the town. Only one other within 5 minutes. It is going to be hard to fight a war plus I don't really have the time to run around all day for only a few duels. I just don't really see the point in making it like this. I guess it stops people who sleep right after dueling but then again that could have been done with a timed cool down limit where you couldn't sleep after dueling. If it is not that then I don't know why they changed it but even after one day I have had enough of it.

DeletedUser

i agree with dgorsk. if you were a 0% motivation dueler, you sure as hell arent gonna be any more. not unless you cut your dueling by 50% minimum so you can duel npcs to keep it down

pain in the arse looking for targets, and then when you get there, it was a wasted trip...

ill say one thing about this for certain....

when they do bring out the next world, if builders thought they had it tough before...better keep a couple soldiers in town when you are building

they should at least make everyone fair game, including the townless chickens, i mean players...not just by way of bounties

it should be wide open hunting season now, since they completely changed the face of the game

DeletedUser

Notwithstanding that, i would use a high speed setup to get to the person, and then switch to dueling gear so it wouldnt take forever. now i would have to have enough labor points to have such gear on to get to people on jobs.

DeletedUser16008

Findings so far.

Well so far today across worlds ive missed 5 duels because by the time ive got there they've ducked into bed..:(

Ive had trouble finding enough targets as a 0 motive on 3 worlds and given up after getting it back to 0... wont be able to keep this up for long. Unless I kill builders and anything that i can find, not that im bothered overly but i do prefer to pick my duels rather than just take whatever i can get.

One world im so high dueling lvl theres hardly anyone i can hit not in my alliance as it is ... i may as well retire there as there wont be any dueling done now...

Its just taking up too much time for me so i guess theres a saving on energy prem there.:hmf:

Oh and its impossible to have town wars now and the only poor guys that get it are those not active enough and just stand there like lemons, which you can easily see from the county chat and whos logged in.

Bounties are fine but id love to have a note to say whos placed it just to give some payback at least on their town if not them in person.. and you get the bounty if they have one on their head, they hit you and lose... not very smart.

Im gonna keep it going without slating it too much for the rest of the week and summarize it then.

DeletedUser

one thing at very least that would be nice is a "hit list" of players you can actually hit in each county.

what the hell sense does it make to have to scroll the entire freaking map to find a duel?

then still at location a person has a duel button, click...not possible for 48 hours, next guy, click...not possible for 48 hours, next guy, click....on vacation????

i know this just came into play, but really, doesnt it go thru beta first to test out this kind of thing? are there many duelers even in beta?

sad thing, i was enjoying dueling, respecced my builder to a res dueler in w11, that was a mistake

0 mot dueler in 12, after tweaking already, its not worth the time to attempt to chase eveything in sight to try and stay 0 motivation

i hope something sheds light on this situation for me, cuz right now, after retiring a few worlds and having 4 on the go, after a day of dueling...this just killed the enjoyment in 3 of the 4 worlds i still play :(

DeletedUser

The format has changed, everyone just needs to get used to how it changed. You can now go to a worksite and start dueling everyone at the worksite. Or, you can go to their town and duel them from the saloon, with delays due to having to chase them down depending on how far they are from the town.

If you're up to camping a town and giving that town a bit of misery, duel wars have become a bit harder. However, if you're up to making a bit of cash, or just wanting to rack up those kills, find a busy worksite and have at it. ;)

In other words, you can duel them from the Saloon, or at any job icon.

DeletedUser

No it is good if you want to travel faster buy premium and support game that way, i dont get you guys you always talking crap about new version all time... just adapt to this if you want to pick up bounty you will need to invest much effort to that and I like it everyone have chances to escape and if you are on his trail you will get him in a few days and if you are just dueling in saloon it would be very easy and dumb to pick up bounty people would come easily to award and it will be exploitation/abuse of sherif office and bounty hunting. ;)

Good job dev. team nice add on just
as I expected it would be. :up:

DeletedUser

whatever man. of course people(myself included) are going to be upset, they completely changed the game. and if you try and say otherwise you are a fool.

adapting to this is going to be rather difficult when looking at every icon on the grid for 1 or 2 people to duel gives you a headache after awhile. and you look in a saloon ans the closest person to hit is an hour away.

this will get better? please explain how. time wont change anything other than people will have no choice but to move on or accept it just like the full premium being forced into w11 and w12.

i still say there should be a list of hittable players within the regions, and that ALL players townless or not can be dueled. they can bank money from anywhere just like anyone else, so why do those who just wander get a free pass?

supposing this was to add some sort of "reality" to the game meeting a person face to face to duel, does it make any sense whatsoever that you are going to pass by some dude with cash falling out of his pockets because hes all alone wandering?

yea right. where im from thats called a mark

DeletedUser3543

or at any job icon.

Very true.

However, it is still not possible to walk to a job site!

So, in order to get there, you MUST be able to do the job, schedule a bit of work, and get there that way, OR, there must be someone already there that you can duel, set up the duel, and get there that way!

So, what about those lucrative jobs that you can't even see? No chance you can camp out there and wait for some unsuspecting mug to come along and duel them.

DeletedUser

still say there should be a list of hittable players within the regions, and that ALL players townless or not can be dueled. they can bank money from anywhere just like anyone else, so why do those who just wander get a free pass?

supposing this was to add some sort of "reality" to the game meeting a person face to face to duel, does it make any sense whatsoever that you are going to pass by some dude with cash falling out of his pockets because hes all alone wandering?

Not everyone wants to be part of dueling. if you take away the option of just travelling, no fighting, you loose half of the players.

DeletedUser

Well that's it for me on all worlds, I'll play 11 untill the nuggets run out. This has totaly ruined the game as far as dueling goes. I have a life, I can't spend all day on the game trying to find people to duel, chasing all over the map.

RIP The West......

DeletedUser

Well that's it for me on all worlds, I'll play 11 untill the nuggets run out. This has totaly ruined the game as far as dueling goes. I have a life, I can't spend all day on the game trying to find people to duel, chasing all over the map.

RIP The West......
Ok it is true. You can't be all day online but you need to understand that new version come out yesterday, and most of people is online now, and when he see that dueler is at they working location they move away it is nothing strange. In few days will be ok noone will hide his ass and you can duel normaly especially when school in RL take much time. You will have chance to duel it is harder i admit but it is only for not taking abuse of bounty and sherif office. I am pure dueler on W12 yes it is hard for me to duel now but i will concentrate just on bounty and from there i will got money for equipment and duels if i need to hunt down someone for 2-3 day who care i will get him sooner or later.. He can run but he can't hide.

DeletedUser

The title of this thread is utterly wrong.
1.29 actually gave more importance and more challenge to duels.

Yes, it killed something, but that isn't duels.
It killed CAMPING.

So please, change the title into "1.29 ruined camping".

DeletedUser

i like this update as camping coward player can not stay more in town :D
town dueler can catch them with counter attack :D
YESSSSSSSSSSS

DeletedUser

The title of this thread is utterly wrong.
1.29 actually gave more importance and more challenge to duels.

Yes, it killed something, but that isn't duels.
It killed CAMPING.

So please, change the title into "1.29 ruined camping".

Yes, but that could have been achieved with a cooling off peiod after a duel before you could sleep.