1.28 quests

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

From the bartender. I think I was eating a tomato when he gave it to me.

DeletedUser26230

Found Nothing

I met the Gunslinger,the mexican,the horse breeder,dancer and the maid.After that I started looking for clues and today even after 5 days of doing all the required jobs,I've found absolutely nothing.Have I missed out on something?? I don't wish to be any kind of Spoiler but I need to know it either here or by Private message.

DeletedUser

Maybe you should keep an eye on that photo of mr charlton when you look out for clues.

Reyne

I met the Gunslinger,the mexican,the horse breeder,dancer and the maid.After that I started looking for clues and today even after 5 days of doing all the required jobs,I've found absolutely nothing.Have I missed out on something?? I don't wish to be any kind of Spoiler but I need to know it either here or by Private message.

And don't forget to check in with your boss now and again. He'll appreciate the reports.

DeletedUser

As mentioned earlier a few times, when you visit each NPC (Gunslinger, Mexican, horse breeder, dancer and maid) they each tell a story (in the form of a quest epilogue). These epilogues are needed to solve the murder. The problem is that later in the quest these NPC's disappear, so you can't open and read the epilogues. So unless you wrote down the epilogues during the quest it's impossible to solve at the end.

So, a tip for anyone who has already visited all the NPC's, but is still searching for the 6 clues, be careful! Write down those epilogues before you visit the sheriff to show him all the clues.

Also, can someone please post those NPC epilogues for me? Much appreciated!!

DeletedUser8627

As mentioned earlier a few times, when you visit each NPC (Gunslinger, Mexican, horse breeder, dancer and maid) they each tell a story (in the form of a quest epilogue). These epilogues are needed to solve the murder. The problem is that later in the quest these NPC's disappear, so you can't open and read the epilogues. So unless you wrote down the epilogues during the quest it's impossible to solve at the end.

So, a tip for anyone who has already visited all the NPC's, but is still searching for the 6 clues, be careful! Write down those epilogues before you visit the sheriff to show him all the clues.

Also, can someone please post those NPC epilogues for me? Much appreciated!!

Once you have chosen the murderer only then do the other quest givers disappear leaving the person you chose on the map to go and visit.

DeletedUser

Once you have chosen the murderer only then do the other quest givers disappear leaving the person you chose on the map to go and visit.
They disappear when you go back to the sheriff after gathering all the clues Twista. Then is decision time and they are gone! That is why I still have them saved for anybody who needs them.

DeletedUser

Here are the NPC epilogues...

The murder (Despair)
My name? I'm Julia. Yes, I worked for Mr. Charlton, but I ran away. He... I couldn't take it anymore. Why? He... he violated me. And I was afraid that my Enrico would avenge me, once he found out I was pregnant. No! My Enrico would never hurt anyone. Never. What?! Mr. Charlton was killed? No, no, it's out of the question that it was Enrico! Who else could it have been? Maybe his fiance, she was always jealous of me, because Mr. Charlton was always giving me lecherous looks. Or maybe Mr. Cartwright. Why Mr. Cartwright? Because he came to visit once and the two men had a very loud argument. No, I didn't hear what it was about. Only that Mr. Cartwright threatened Mr. Charlton. Oh, it's so late already... I have to get to that house quickly and introduce myself. But who would want to hire a pregnant woman?

The murder (The lonely rider)
What do you want? Well, what does a deputy want from me? Do I know a Charlton? I'd prefer not to, but I have that misfortune. Disappeared, you say... ha, let the vultures get him! He might be dead? Even better... the maid probably poisoned him. Why do I say that? Because that respectable gentleman took advantage of her, and right in front of his fiance! She was utterly miserable. And then there was her friend, the Mexican. How do I know all this? I was a... guest at the mansion. I was there on personal business, but that's irrelevant here. My name? Daniel! And now leave me alone, I want to get to the next town, to a hotel where I can sleep!

The murder (Dried tears)
Huh? <your name>, deputy? What do you want from me? Whether I know Mr. Charlton? Robert Charlton, of course. He was my fiance... Why the past tense? Because he got that pregnant... that maid. What?! He was killed! No, I didn't know that... oh, my darling! I'm sure it was that Mexican Enrico! He was also in love with Julia, the maid. When he found out that Robert got her pregnant, he broke a window and demolished the entire smithy... I'm sure it was him! Or maybe that supposed son? Every time Robert drank too much, he got so incredibly sad and angry. One time he told me that he has a son out of wedlock and put him into an orphanage, after a friend pressured him into it. I think he called him Daniel. Oh, my Robert... Take this parasol and put it in his grave. He always liked it so much when I carried it in my dances...

The murder (The Mexican in the shade)
Arghh! Who's there?! What, how... deputy?! What I was doing at the property? I worked there, mucking out the stables for that scumbag Charlton. What, he's dead? No, it wasn't me... Why would I want to kill him? But maybe you should ask the dancer. As far as I know, he always promised to marry her, but wrote her out of the will when he was done with her... She is certainly capable of murder!

The murder (The breeding ground)
Well, who do we have here? Hmm, how can I help you, deputy <your name>? Do I know Mr. Charlton? Hmm, yes, that was a long while back. Once upon a time, we used to be friends. But then there was that deal with his son... he didn't want to acknowledge him. That made the mother so unhappy, she died, and then he put the boy into an orphanage. That was just too much for me. I couldn't look him straight in the eye anymore after that shameful deed. I never saw him again. Were those all your questions? Or should I tell you a few more stories? No? Too bad, it was just getting interesting...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Murder quest

is their a second part because after I completed the quest and got the walking stick the sheriff under the quest name the suspects said I have not found sufficient evidence to solve the case and to keep working around the area.

DeletedUser

you have to do certain jobs and gets certain products or clues. Then once you did all six jobs and got the clues you can choose the suspect and duel him if you get it right.

DeletedUser

Merged.
Let's see if I can help you with some hints: be careful not to explode while looking for one clue. Another one could be hiding between saw dust. Go look in a smoker's plantation as well and maybe ask some tequila makers if they can help you with one. The yellow potion might be a clue as well. Oh and one last thing, if you like taming horses you might find some help there.
If this is not enough of a hint and you want the exact jobs, click on the spoiler.

[Spoil]Picking tobacco (testament)
Charlatan (doc report)
Sawing wood (branding iron)
Breaking in horses (dark plans)
Picking agaves (engagement ring)
Transport ammunition (birth certificate)[/Spoil]

DeletedUser

No. But the chance is pretty high so don't worry, you'll collect them pretty fast.

DeletedUser20383

I've managed to narrow down the suspects to two but can't decide which one. There are two motives right? A recent one and one from the past, am I right in thinking it's the latter as that's how I managed to narrow it down? Oh and I'm swaying towards one of them because of something the dancer said. Am I along the right lines here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.